You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great skill, but Suarez didn't do anything to make Borini look good there. It was a rebound, and a great finish.

Almost in again. It's nice to have a striker up with play.

Nash, it's Suarez that made that chance. Taking nothing away from Borini, he hit that beautifully, but Suarez... It's brilliant how he makes defenders look like complete buffoons.

Borini looks good though. Here's hoping this is the norm for him. On the first half alone I like what I see, seems to be so much more than just a poacher, tracking back, making himself available for a pass, and has a good first touch.

Lucas looks great, put in some nice tackles, some very good FORWARD passes (I hope SL and Frode are watching), and his positioning is brilliant (see how he covers for the attacking fullback). That being said, hope he comes off early in the second, as I'd hate for him to pull anything this early in his recovery. The tie is as food as over, I'd say stick on Spearing or Henderson on the 60th.

Great to see Gerrard get his 150th goal as well. Here's hoping for many more.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Nash, it's Suarez that made that chance. Taking nothing away from Borini, he hit that beautifully, but Suarez... It's brilliant how he makes defenders look like complete buffoons.

He does, and I'm not trying to take anything from Suarez, he's amazing. The thing is, it hit the defender and set Borini up. Nothing Suarez did there takes anything away from Borini. It was Borini on his own.

It doesn't matter, like; we scored and we're looking dangerous.

Shelvey has made some good attacking passes, but he still panics a bit when he gets the ball and is pressed immediately. Needs to work on some fast feet.

I noticed that as well, but the lad is at the stage where game time will do more than anything now to iron out those flaws. He should be an automatic starter in all our EUropa games, just to give him the experience and teach him calmness on the ball in a more relaxed environment than the league.

Borini looks good though. Here's hoping this is the norm for him. On the first half alone I like what I see, seems to be so much more than just a poacher, tracking back, making himself available for a pass, and has a good first touch.

Lucas looks great, put in some nice tackles, some very good FORWARD passes (I hope SL and Frode are watching), and his positioning is brilliant (see how he covers for the attacking fullback). That being said, hope he comes off early in the second, as I'd hate for him to pull anything this early in his recovery. The tie is as food as over, I'd say stick on Spearing or Henderson on the 60th.

Great to see Gerrard get his 150th goal as well. Here's hoping for many more.

A poacher/finisher is what we were crying out for last season.

He does, and I'm not trying to take anything from Suarez, he's amazing. The thing is, it hit the defender and set Borini up. Nothing Suarez did there takes anything away from Borini. It was Borini on his own.

It doesn't matter, like; we scored and we're looking dangerous.

Well, two very good individual moments then. On your earlier point, it's fucking fantastic to see one of ours to hit a good first time shot for a change.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The difference from last week is stark. Hope this season doesn't change into being great at home and shit away.

Has more to do with us having better players back and playing on a surface that doesn't resemble a cow field.