You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yeah Ardja being a cock init 

aRdja hasn’t been a cock at all. He’s been incredibly patient. 

Neither you or Barry Wrong can answer the questions he’s posed, are claiming the subject is tedious (despite it being you two who bring it up) & throwing hissy fits because you clearly don’t understand the points aRdja is making. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, index1000 said:

What fucking bollocks. So you are moaning for the fucking sake of it. You want owners who don't exist. Boo HOO they make a Profit Boo Hoo trying to maximise returns.

What bit is actual bollocks?

People moan and criticise for the sake of it all the time, about all different stuff, if everyone agreed there would be no forum.

Why should FSG be spared criticism?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I am pro fsg but I'm gutted at the thought we are making Klopps job harder than it needs to be and we won't make the most of his last few years here, he's not going to build another team, we need to evolve it while he's here, so the next person doesn't have to do what we've done for the last 30 years before him. The post sounds panicky but I'm not I'm chill I just want us to do a bit more and not look back with regret like last January for example, doing the minimum we could get away with cost us a title challenge in my opinion.

This sums up FSG though for me. 

We were top of the league going in to the January transfer window, but in desperate need of a centre back. If we had a deal wrapped up and a player ready to come in at the start of the window, it would have given the hole team a lift, restored Fabinho back to midfield and we would have challenged for the title at least. We decided to rest on our laurels though, assuming that top four was in the bag.

We are in danger of turning in to Arsenal under Wenger. This constant bare minimum attitude is going to start to hurt us sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The problem this January was if you're looking to buy a 21 year old CB with potential like we ended up doing with Konate and that's your long term target, you're not going to want to spend big on someone short term just to curb an injury issue and wreck your long term plan. 

So yeah, what we ended up doing was the bare minimum with Kabak and Davies but if your view is to stick with a plan you've made, then you can justify that decision. Also, even had we paid a bigger fee for Konate in January, he'd not have won us the league. He's a 21 (now 22) year old CB at the end of the day.

In the end, Klopp has made that look like a half decent decision with the fact we still qualified for the Champions League, which is what Klopp does, so there you go.

I don't know, this "Liverpool wait for the right player" thing might be propaganda and we might be better served to just throw money around like Chelsea do on someone like Ziyech to be like their 6th forward and then possibly look to flip him a year later when it turns out he won't play a lot, but I just don’t think we could do that.

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

This sums up FSG though for me. 

We were top of the league going in to the January transfer window, but in desperate need of a centre back. If we had a deal wrapped up and a player ready to come in at the start of the window, it would have given the hole team a lift, restored Fabinho back to midfield and we would have challenged for the title at least. We decided to rest on our laurels though, assuming that top four was in the bag.

We are in danger of turning in to Arsenal under Wenger. This constant bare minimum attitude is going to start to hurt us sooner rather than later. 

I think Klopp should take a share of the blame for that fuck up though. We used the lovren money to buy tsimikas when everyone of us were worried about going into the season with 3 centre backs of which 2 are guaranteed to miss half a season. After winning the league he was in a position of power to demand reinforcements there. 

By the time January came round we’d lost the 3 of them and no top clubs are looking to sell there best centre half so we were reduced to looking at the likes of Kabak who we clearly didn’t want until it became forced on us and an unknown from Preston. 

We had Phillips already there and he delayed it far too long getting him into the team and weakened us by playing our best centre mids there trying to be smart. 

Hopefully a big lesson learned 

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I think Klopp should take a share of the blame for that fuck up though. We used the lovren money to buy tsimikas when everyone of us were worried about going into the season with 3 centre backs.

That's sort of the point though. We shouldn't have to choose between a left back and a centre back, we needed both. We gambled on VVD not getting injured. I realise that we don't have a blank chequebook like City but we should be able to have 2 decent options and then a few younger players to make up the numbers. 

Phillips was a weird one. He played against West Ham and Newcastle and did pretty well, Presumably from what we'd seen in training we didn't think he was up to it long term? 

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

That's sort of the point though. We shouldn't have to choose between a left back and a centre back, we needed both. We gambled on VVD not getting injured. I realise that we don't have a blank chequebook like City but we should be able to have 2 decent options and then a few younger players to make up the numbers. 

Phillips was a weird one. He played against West Ham and Newcastle and did pretty well, Presumably from what we'd seen in training we didn't think he was up to it long term? 

Klopp was telling us all when the January window opened that we had to make do as there was no money to spend. He should have had Phillips ready to go although as you say, he mustn’t have been pulling up any trees in training as he was only used as the last resort.

I’m just hoping that we’re not restricted in buying any forwards this summer cos Origi and Minamino are still on the books. 

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Klopp was telling us all when the January window opened that we had to make do as there was no money to spend. He should have had Phillips ready to go although as you say, he mustn’t have been pulling up any trees in training as he was only used as the last resort.

I’m just hoping that we’re not restricted in buying any forwards this summer cos Origi and Minamino are still on the books. 

Origi and Minamino need to go! Its obvious they will never get anywhere near the level required to make it here.

I'd happily get rid of them both to the highest bidder, and ideally bring in at least one replacement. I'd even go as far to say get rid of them both and let one of the youngsters that have been playing in pre season have a go.   

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Origi and Minamino need to go! Its obvious they will never get anywhere near the level required to make it here.

I'd happily get rid of them both to the highest bidder, and ideally bring in at least one replacement. I'd even go as far to say get rid of them both and let one of the youngsters that have been playing in pre season have a go.   

I’d take offers from the lowest bidder. Neither of them have got the mentality to stay here anymore. Juergens the patron saint of lost causes tho so hopefully a little crisis of faith materialises and he gets shut ASAP 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

I think Klopp should take a share of the blame for that fuck up though. We used the lovren money to buy tsimikas when everyone of us were worried about going into the season with 3 centre backs of which 2 are guaranteed to miss half a season. After winning the league he was in a position of power to demand reinforcements there. 

By the time January came round we’d lost the 3 of them and no top clubs are looking to sell there best centre half so we were reduced to looking at the likes of Kabak who we clearly didn’t want until it became forced on us and an unknown from Preston. 

We had Phillips already there and he delayed it far too long getting him into the team and weakened us by playing our best centre mids there trying to be smart. 

Hopefully a big lesson learned 

I don't agree klopp takes part of the blame. He had to take a gamble because they were too fucking tight to let him have a backup left back. So he had to rob Peter to pay Paul. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Street Preacher said:

No idea about the figures and what we should or shouldn't be spending but I suppose my main gripe with them is that when they sell us, they are going to make an absolute fortune so I think in the meantime they should increase the transfer pot a bit, at least for the odd massive talent. But they are business men and they run us as a business so that's not going to happen unfortunately. 

You could look at fans though, I guess, as the "shareholders".

Increasing the transfer pot to make "shareholders" happy and the end product better (the team and its results) - in the knowledge you are guaranteed a fortune when it is time to sell - is an accepted, legitimate and even good business practice, isn't it?

But I guess that then depends on whether or not your business is run/owned by ruthless, greedy cunts... who know, in this instance, that the "shareholders" are irrelevant and inconsequential.

On 29/07/2021 at 23:43, aRdja said:

But that $100m profit would exclude any cash movements that has no P&L impact e.g., cash instalments from purchases made in prior years, or cash outgoings from transfers in the current year. The reason accrual basis accounting where player costs get recognised over of the life of the contract is to show the fairest representation of financial performance of the current year, so that it couldn’t be manipulated with various payment terms. All the previous results yourself have mentioned in this thread refer to P&L statements, and as Daisy showed player amortisation is one of the largest costs. To now dismiss it as irrelevant would be at best misguided or at worst disingenuous IMO, 

14 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

We’ve got an obtuse. Just need a thick and a disingenuous and we have the important internet debate full house.

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

FSG but FSG adding a bit more cash now and then when it's needed. We have plenty of quiet windows we should have some big ones too if it calls for it. I know it is a business but first more than anything  it's elite level sport and we are an elite level club if you just want a business to keep your cash safe and hopefully make interest then fuck off and buy the post office or something, you buy one of the most famous football clubs in the most watched league in the world you've entered a different kind of business at the very least don't blow smoke up our arses. We should be able to sign players without the constant analysing. We don't need to make the books balance every transfer window (FFP doesn't require that). If we signed an 80 million pound player tomorrow half our fans would be shitting about the financial impact rather than the improvement to the team. 

As anti FSG as this sounds I really am not, they're good owners who have done a superb job by at last employing the right people but first and foremost we are a footballing institution and these days it feels like the most important thing to fans is the owners money being safe and risk averse to loss. You own LFC don't stand idle while others improve, seek to be the best  there is no reason  Liverpools revenues can't go on to match uniteds but that will only come with prolonged success not a flash in the pan and then its job done for another 30 years.

I am pro fsg but I'm gutted at the thought we are making Klopps job harder than it needs to be and we won't make the most of his last few years here, he's not going to build another team, we need to evolve it while he's here, so the next person doesn't have to do what we've done for the last 30 years before him. The post sounds panicky but I'm not I'm chill I just want us to do a bit more and not look back with regret like last January for example, doing the minimum we could get away with cost us a title challenge in my opinion.

So after all that bollocks. FSG are good owners I just want us to be billy big bollocks now and then because we are Liverpool a giant and I am a cake and eat it type of person.

Plus the window is still open for a while and I'm fairly certain we will do business.

Great post, and very much my position. No real issue with FSG owning us, just wish they would let up a bit on the whole self sustaining thing and pitch a bit of their own obvious wealth into the transfer pot.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Correct. Why we could only afford one or the other is pretty desperate even with the impact of Covid on the finances.

On 30/07/2021 at 19:40, MegadriveMan said:

I don't think enough recognition is given to the fact that it really is unusual to lose three senior CBs for more than half a season. 

I don't see it as a big risk to have made 3 significant signings but no CB last summer. The real mistake was delaying until the end of January to make some sticking-plaster CB signings: had we done that at the start of January, we might have had a few more weeks of the sort of form we showed for the last 10 games.

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't think enough recognition is given to the fact that it really is unusual to lose three senior CBs for more than half a season. 

I don't see it as a big risk to have made 3 significant signings but no CB last summer. The real mistake was delaying until the end of January to make some sticking-plaster CB signings: had we done that at the start of January, we might have had a few more weeks of the sort of form we showed for the last 10 games.

That depends on the injury record of 2 of those 3 CB’s though Mal. 

• Upvote 1