You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

By this time next week Kenny will have or will be about to sit down with Henry and Co and asked to explain this season. The most obvious question is why did we finish 8th?

With Kenny being a man who speaks the truth but also wants to keep his job, what answer does he give? The most obvious answer would be "bad luck" but if my employee was offering no better than "bad luck" as an excuse he would be heading to the job center.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
By this time next week Kenny will have or will be about to sit down with Henry and Co and asked to explain this season. The most obvious question is why did we finish 8th?

With Kenny being a man who speaks the truth but also wants to keep his job, what answer does he give? The most obvious answer would be "bad luck" but if my employee was offering no better than "bad luck" as an excuse he would be heading to the job center.

Kenny wouldn't dodge the answer and would give his honest answer. He wouldn't say 'bad luck'

Next.

What is the honest answer?

A combination of poor buys, questionable tactics, some player's questionable attitudes, odd selections, lack of goals and a bit of bad luck.

Question Kenny has to ask himself and FSG has to decide is how much of that was down to him himself. Rather them than me.

He summarized the season in his post match interview last night saying a trophy in the cabinet first in 6 years, back in Europe at the first time of asking blah blah blah, can't remember the rest. It was quite a positive spin on things. If top 4 was the minimum required it doesn't really matter what he says.

Guest davelfc
Quick question; are you ever actually not a twat?

Just curious, like.

Only to people that are not twats.

doubt they will have anyone lined-up. if kenny has to put his case over then trust me he will be here next season. Them yanks love a bit of passion and gung-ho and when it comes to the reds, kenny's 2nd to shankly at that.

doubt they will have anyone lined-up. if kenny has to put his case over then trust me he will be here next season. Them yanks love a bit of passion and gung-ho and when it comes to the reds, kenny's 2nd to shankly at that.

Americans in general? Or our current owners?

Because the latter appear to be the complete opposite of what you have described.

Hopefully he tells the truth. That he wasnt good enough this season.

Then it question of whether the owners think he will magically change over the summer, or whether they replace him with a proven quality manager in terms of the modern era

That's not the most obvious answer to me.

I'd suggest that he could tell them the truth. That being that this season saw the introduction of a lot of young players with massive potential that were forced into service far more than was expected and suffered because of that - allied to the fact that 'Forced' absences not just due to injury restricted our ability to field a settled, experienced team where the youngsters could come in and be helped through games by the more experienced squad members.

Then he could finish by asking them to dance!

Guest davelfc
No.2 asked a genuine question in a decent OP. He wasn't being a twat at all.

You were though. As per.

Well you're more a prick than a twat.

The OP started yet ANOTHER pointless thread on Kenny, assumed Kenny would make excuses to keep his job 'bad luck', therefore he should be sacked. Well that was the impression given, so a twat yeah.

Well you're more a prick than a twat.

Still brooding over the Suarez affair? Move on...

The OP started yet ANOTHER pointless thread on Kenny, assumed Kenny would make excuses to keep his job 'bad luck', therefore he should be sacked. Well that was the impression given, so a twat yeah.

What are you, the thread police? If you don't like it, don't post. And stop being a twat, twat.

I heard somebody on the radio this morning mentioning Roberto Martinez as a possible replacement - anyone have any views on this were the position to become available?

Btw, I want Kenny to stay before anybody starts wishing AIDS on me.

I really don't think he's proven enough to be given the Liverpool job.

Kenny should get another season anyway.

Americans in general? Or our current owners?

Because the latter appear to be the complete opposite of what you have described.

hmm yanks in general. maybe our owners hide it, they are heavily into sports so i assume they have some passion. hopefully passionate about kenny.

oh, sorry for interrupting a domestic