You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Le bateau

WaltonRed

Guest ShoePiss

I used to frequent the place a lot in the mid to late 90's, had a good chat with Josh Wink there one time, well I recognised him and said hello Josh and he thanks me for coming. Good times at Voodoo.

The DJ booth used to be the front end of a Landrover, did it stay that way?

Gutted. I was there last Saturday. Nearly always a good night. Met some good friends in there. Always brought people who visited me in Liverpool to The Boat and they always had a good night.

Where is there now that plays decent indie sort of music?

The Jac, The Masque and Le Bateau all shutting in under a year is fucking grim.

Ah Le Bateau, the venue of many a discussion and debate about how it would have been an awesome place for a scene or a focal point in a gangster film. Spent many a stoned and hazy night listening to some cracking tunes and for various reasons I haven't been enough in the last 5 years. Were they putting gigs on as I have seen a few bands in there over the years?

All the decent venues are in Liverpool are shutting down.

There are only a few places left that are worth going play or put on live shows of decent styles, The Zanzibar and The Lomax to name two. The music scene in Liverpool is now really poor. There is a tendency to focus on looking you are part of a scene but your not, not get involved with other bands and create camaraderie so their is actually a music scene to boast about. There are some cracking bands out there, but because they don’t look like poster boys they don’t get the gigs and recognition they deserve.

And the Indie scene is extremely snobby towards other genres of music. And that sucks big fat hairy balls as music should be about creativity and a sense of togetherness and great fucking music.

I found this last night at SNUB Festival in the Lomax, 5 bands on, loads of younger people (students) who follow crap live bands who only want style over actual ability to play and create good music.

And if I see another band that thinks they are metal doing the Status Quo moves on stage, I think I am going to go postal.

*puts on old man's head*

I remember you used to be able to go out and watch a gig with about 5 bands supporting the headline act and all 5 bands would be great and actually write music that went with their particular scene rather than just have the look that went with it.

I did however get to observe an awesome band that go by the name of Damp Old Man last night. For those who like a good groove and heavy music look out for them.

I used to frequent the place a lot in the mid to late 90's, had a good chat with Josh Wink there one time, well I recognised him and said hello Josh and he thanks me for coming. Good times at Voodoo.

The DJ booth used to be the front end of a Landrover, did it stay that way?

I also used to go in the 90's, someone got carried out past me one night, got told the following week they have died from taking E, was a very good club