You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Congratulations forum .. i carefully selected this place to be the first where i declare my great "BAD LUCK" theorem

As all scientists, i will be attacked by some of the low-educated people here, but thats our fate

here it comes:

at the beggining of the season we said we are unlucky with the amount of chances we create while we get nothing from games, then as the season moved on we realized that it can't be "bad luck" it must be our poor finishing or other mistakes we were doing

well here are some questions for those who say that:

we hit the post 30+ times this season, is that all down to poor finishing? i mean i know the perfect finish is the one you put the farthest from the keeper. Hence, inner post then it goes in. Whats the difference between inner and outer post? 2 inches? is that what makes you a great or poor finisher? i cant believe that, we were extremely unlucky hitting the woodwork this seaon and most of the times they were sweet lovely strikes that desered to be goals but "luck" stopped it from going in

why do keepers perform heroics against us? is it because we shower them with easy balls? no way. It is called heroics because they are saving balls that should go in. weeke in week out they do that against us and we do shower them weekly with extremely difficult balls to save, but they do save them with the help of our "bad luck"

Why dont we get the "freakish" goals from time to time? and why do we always recieve them? i remember lampard once scored 10+ deflection goals? why doesn't that happen to us? again because we are not lucky enough

why dont defenders do any mistakes against us? even shitty defenders?

Therefore, i discovered that most of our bad results this season was purely down to bad luck. I really feel for the players, it is soul destroying to do almost everything right while you got nothing

how do we deal with this? i dont know. the best solution i can think of is to wait for this freak of a season to finish i guess

come on guys ... dont be so closed minded

i mean we know the term "one of those days" ... why cant we have a "one of those seasons" which is a collection of too many "one of those days"? ... the propability is low but it can happen

Finishing is a skill, just like passing, tackling, crossing, etc. The perfect shot is the one that goes in the net, not near the post or whatever.

We need better finishers. Or at least one anyway.

And the thread title sounds like a TV show, or something.

Therefore, i discovered that most of our bad results this season was purely down to bad luck. I really feel for the players, it is soul destroying to do almost everything right while you got nothing

how do we deal with this? i dont know. the best solution i can think of is to wait for this freak of a season to finish I guess

Nonsense.

All outputs are the result of inputs.

Bad luck is a concept of random results.

We have not been the victim of random results, we have seen the consistent outputs of consistent inputs.

Your solution? Wait for things to change? Since when was a 38 game season a freak?

My solution? Change the inputs, and you will change the results.

Guest Pistonbroke
Nonsense.

All outputs are the result of inputs.

Bad luck is a concept of random results.

We have not been the victim of random results, we have seen the consistent outputs of consistent inputs.

Your solution? Wait for things to change? Since when was a 38 game season a freak?

My solution? Change the inputs, and you will change the results.

God you are fucking tedious.