You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And Maureen hasnt won a Champions League while Rafa did without anywhere as much net spend.

Maureen did win a couple of titles but soon got pissed off like he always does.

Our problems were off the pitch and your point is pretty irrelevant.

I doubt Mourinho would have lasted longer/tolerated more from Gillett & Hicks than Rafa did.

I think he's making the point that it's happened before and so the idea is not far fetched.

Edit: Seen the picture he posted now. I was right

I need sarcasm arrows :P

We. Matter.

Someone somewhere is making a name for themselves and will still think Liverpool FC is where he will make his name.

Not the two mentioned by the cracked OP, but someone. Somewhere.

I think you will find that Mourinho has won the CL twice with two different clubs (shared record) and he has reached the semi finals with four different clubs (record) and that its now two in a row with his current club and if he win it with Madrid he will have won it with three different clubs (record).

Winner of 4 leagues and cups in 4 countries with 4 different ideas on how to play football, taking on other champions and beating them at their own game, doing more than what most other coaches do in a career.

Chequebook or no chequebook, he's a title winning magician, and the most sought after coach in the world. If it was anyone else, we'd be baying for their signature.

The only time time Guardiola has ever thought about Liverpool was on vacation when he decided to have a bit of pate as he was taking a dip after a long afternoon in the sun.

Yeah, but once that seed is planted...

I hope he's not thinking about buying a new castle.

That would ruin everything.

?m=02&d=20120423&t=2&i=598034296&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=460&pl=300&r=CDEE83M0DPD00

"I saw a man in Chester once......hmmmm......

Well and truly found out now. All great managers have a plan B, however good their plan A is.

No thanks.

Guardiola is a highly talented manager, there is no doubt about that.

However, when things are not going as expected, not only does he tend not to have a "Plan B," but he has very little interest in changes things and has got a reputation for being stubborn as a result.

Whereas someone like Mourinho (not turning this into a pro or anti Mourinho discussion, especially in relation to LFC) is willing to change things when they aren't going according to plan. He is more than willing to make several changes at half time in a snap, for example.

Well and truly found out now. All great managers have a plan B, however good their plan A is.

No thanks.

Should have stuck Huth up front.

Seriously though, that's one of the silliest things i've read on this forum. Up there with some absolute belting, reactionary comments.

Guest San Don
Code and San Don please read the thread properly yourselves.

Nice try but no cigar. If you're trying to now make it seem like you meant chelshit then, that is just sad. Because we both know you didnt mean that at the time.

Should have stuck Huth up front.

Seriously though, that's one of the silliest things i've read on this forum. Up there with some absolute belting, reactionary comments.

So you weren't just a little underwhelmed when Barca kept on with the fancy tippy tappy shite which was getting them nowhere?

As someone else said, why wasn't he playing with a recognised centre forward? Someone who could really bully the Chelsea back line, mix it up and cause them problems? There's no excuse for him not having decent cover for Villa and just relying on the pretty patterns.

Guest San Don
So you weren't just a little underwhelmed when Barca kept on with the fancy tippy tappy shite which was getting them nowhere?

As someone else said, why wasn't he playing with a recognised centre forward? Someone who could really bully the Chelsea back line, mix it up and cause them problems? There's no excuse for him not having decent cover for Villa and just relying on the pretty patterns.

Well nothing except nearly 400 million euro debt maybe?

Anyway, he's another manager we can discount in future then, yes?