You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rolling Stones

Bjornebye

It isn't (and let's face it, it was never likely to) break any new ground, or be especially interesting.....But for a group of 80 year old men it is a reasonable enough slab of throwaway rock n roll and not awful IMO.

Reasonably catchy, decent riff (albeit overly recycled) and the video is cool.

40 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It doesn't sound like a Jagger/Richards song - no way either of them wrote the decending vocal line (Why??) and the pre chorus is not Stones.

It of course has the fingerprints of some modern pop rock writer and producer all over it, but ultimately is it really any less 'stones' than say 'anybody seen my baby' from over 25 years ago for example.

Bands like the stones and other legacy acts like u2, simple minds et al are all long, long past their best and all old men trying and mostly failing to be relevant/cool to the kids/have hits and often bring in the so called young guns to 'help'.....and it has been so for a long time for them and as a result pretty much totally produce at best ok up to a point and mostly mediocre stuff and a lot of the time frankly shite.

I personally prefer to see bands call it quits whilst still at least something akin to what they were ala R.E.M.

This song to me anyway will be forgotten in 5 mins but is an ok up to a point piece of throwaway pop rock...

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Eh.....no.

There was a multi-multi-paragraph, highly positive review of this in the Guardian a day or two back (I can't be arsed finding it, and it serves absolutely no purpose in advancing anything connected to humanity).

All they needed to say is that it's got a decent intro lick, and Sydney writhing about in leather. 

26 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There was a multi-multi-paragraph, highly positive review of this in the Guardian a day or two back (I can't be arsed finding it, and it serves absolutely no purpose in advancing anything connected to humanity).

All they needed to say is that it's got a decent intro lick, and Sydney writhing about in leather. 

God you're a tiresome twat.