You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Kenny were to go, who could replace him?

Red_Jim83

Before you all decide to attack me and start calling me anti-Kenny etc. I am not calling for Kenny to be sacked or to resign, I am simply posing the question, if Kenny did not stay on as manager at the end of the season who would be a viable option to replace him? Who's available at present, who could we tempt away from another club without having to pay an astronomical fee (a la Chelsea with Villas Boas)?

Hopefully we'll be able to have a rational discussion about this...

Before you all decide to attack me and start calling me anti-Kenny etc. I am not calling for Kenny to be sacked or to resign, I am simply posing the question, if Kenny did not stay on as manager at the end of the season who would be a viable option to replace him? Who's available at present, who could we tempt away from another club without having to pay an astronomical fee (a la Chelsea with Villas Boas)?

Hopefully we'll be able to have a rational discussion about this...

You joined in January 2008. How many rational discussions have you seen here in that time?

For what it's worth, I'm saying Mike Bassett.

With the current squad we've got I think Martin O'Neill would be an ideal candidate.

He's always seems to get the best out of players and has turned Sunderland around in 5 minutes.

Ideally I'd hope we go for a top European manager, but I think we may struggle to attract the right candidate for the job at the moment.

With the current squad we've got I think Martin O'Neill would be an ideal candidate.

He's always seems to get the best out of players and has turned Sunderland around in 5 minutes.

Ideally I'd hope we go for a top European manager, but I think we may struggle to attract the right candidate for the job at the moment.

Snidey cunt will never be at our club, he's a younger uglier version of hodgson with a poxy accent.

Whoever if and when the position comes available needs to know what a shower of cunts we have following us and a trophy possibly even 2 in his 1st season won't stop our lot hounding him.

its a tough one, as much as I'd love to see Kenny turn it around the league form has been disgraceful

best bet would be to go with an up and coming manager from a smaller foreign club like Klopp or Garcia at Lille

we're not good enough to attract any big names currently in management and the only one I can think of out of management who has been there and done that who'd consider us is Rafa and we all know that'd divide opinion from the start

If Kenny decides to give it the trots I would like us to bring in Martinez.

Partly due to the fact apart from one or two I do not know much about young foreign managers and I would worry about them getting a hard time off the scum press cunts here if they never hit the ground running.

Always liked Martinez. Knows the prem and all the shite that goes with it. Likes to play in a positive way. Hopefully the King will sort it out and get us going so we won't need anyone for a while yet

Guest davelfc

Before you all decide to attack me and start calling me anti-red_jim83 etc. I am not calling for red_jim83 to be banned or to leave, I am simply posing the question, if red_jim83 did not stay on as a TLW poster at the end of the season who would be a viable option to replace him?

I have a sponge fish called Bob that I would like to suggest.

Klopp is the stand out candidate although I'd imagine when he does leave Dortmund he'll have the pick of European clubs. Whoever we get it'll be a huge gamble as we look in a bit of a mess and I can't see them being handed a lot of money. How's Babbel doing at Hofenheim, barring his last few months at Stuttgart he has done well in his first year at Stuttgart and Hertha. I actually think Rafa is the man for the job but unfortunately he'd be hugely divisive which would put him on the back foot from the start.