You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Downing is a decent enough winger. Never scores many, not that pacy or skilful, questionable mentality. That's what all he was, all he is, all he will ever be.

Stuart Downing will never be a great player, or important, or even remembered with fondness. He's a decent winger. Sadly, LFC decided he was worth 20 million pounds, and even more sadly, Downing isn't even playing like a decent winger, he's playing like the most ineffective winger in the entire division.

I think Shitty will win the league by a point. It'll go down to their match against Utd at the Etihad, despite every effort by Webb to hand it to Ferguson on a plate. Heard it here first!

Aye. Throwing enough money at it might still win the day for City. Just.

I don't really approve, but needless to say, hope they do it.

From memory, Johnson for right mid, isn't it?

I like many thought it should be tried but for some reason at both club and international level it never has.

i think we jump on that bus as he seems to be better than what we have but honestly, he is not the answer. When you cry out for something you clutch at straws and that is what Johnson on the right side - attacking wise - is.

Not a dig just what I think.

I like many thought it should be tried but for some reason at both club and international level it never has.

i think we jump on that bus as he seems to be better than what we have but honestly, he is not the answer. When you cry out for something you clutch at straws and that is what Johnson on the right side - attacking wise - is.

Not a dig just what I think.

I'm with you, squire.

If you read some of my posts, I think you'll find the Johnson thing is just an ironic, pet little unfunny in-joke of mine that I for some reason persist with. :yes:

I think Shitty will win the league by a point. It'll go down to their match against Utd at the Etihad, despite every effort by Webb to hand it to Ferguson on a plate. Heard it here first!

Quite the contrary, Man U will win it. I even think they'll be able to afford a loss away to Man City and still win it.

Spending hundreds of millions on a squad just seems totally inefficient when City's owners could have hired an assassin to put Ferguson down, at a fraction of the price, winning the affection of football fans everywhere and guaranteeing the title.

Flawed business model.

Spending hundreds of millions on a squad just seems totally inefficient when City's owners could have hired an assassin to put Ferguson down, at a fraction of the price, winning the affection of football fans everywhere and guaranteeing the title.

Flawed business model.

Taking that route would have just ushered in the ascendancy of Mourinho to the Utd throne. Buggered, either way, as it's still (at it's vile core) Utd. Cut off the head, another grows in it's place.

Taking that route would have just ushered in the ascendancy of Mourinho to the Utd throne. Buggered, either way, as it's still (at it's vile core) Utd. Cut off the head, another grows in it's place.

You underestimate the power, influence and stature of the emperor. The son of a bitch is holding the club together with his bare hands; when he goes it's going to chaos.

Mancini should have no complaints if and when he gets the bullet at the end of the season. He has crumbled under the pressure.

Given the squad at his disposal he should have strolled to the title in what is a piss poor league.

Yep , never rated him , Always been outwitted in the CL and got lucky to be in charge of Inter when the likes of Milan and Juve were a mess , i think hes a fraud as far as being a top manager goes..... 2nd tier manager maybe even 3rd.

Man City simply have to go all out to get Mourinho this summer if they want to win the PL and get deep in the CL.

How can people blame Mancini for starting Balotelli? He can't really start Tevez who hasn't started a game for about 7 months and he's better used as an impact sub until he gets his fitness up. Dzeko has lost all confidence and is playing like Andy Carroll so Balotelli is the only real option there with Aguero out injured

Man City's problem is that they're overreliant on David Silva and Aguero. Nasri was supposed to help him but hasn't been creative or consistently good enough to help him out much.

Nasri could be a great player but he doesn't give a flying fuck , hes got his multi million pound contract , job done.

I know that the prospect of going to Manchester City, having those players at your disposal along with some cash must be really enticing. But if you were Mourinho and you wanted the Utd job after Ferguson why would you alienate the entire Utd fanbase by becoming the manager of their neighbours? Perhaps that wouldn't make a difference to Utd fans.

Interesting post-match interview with Preston manager, Graham Westley, on the Footlball League Show. He accused some of his players (not named) of leaking his team to Sheffield Wednesday, and basically intimated that there was a dressing room faction undermining him.