You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was meaning to post this a while ago. I think it was an international break and I was returning back from Sweden after visiting relatives, via Denmark, and stopped off for a newspaper and remember seeing on the back the headline "My nightmare at Liverpool" by Christian Poulsen. Bearing in mind my Danish is not perfect I got the jist that he said how poorly he was treated at Liverpool and the famously friendly fans were anything but towards him. I think it ended with it came as a big surprise especially as YNWA is such a famous Liverpool anthem - and he felt very alone, the lonliest he has in all his career.

Got me wondering, should we be letting players leave Liverpool thinking these things about the club? To be honest it wasn`t exactly his fault, he was a Hodgson signing, coming to the end of his career. Should we have been a little nicer to him? :|

Got me wondering, should we be letting players leave Liverpool thinking these things about the club? To be honest it wasn`t exactly his fault, he was a Hodgson signing, coming to the end of his career. Should we have been a little nicer to him? :|

Yep, we should have been a lot nicer to him. We should have played him as a striker and let him take the pens to boost his ego along with his goal tally. He should have taken over from Hodgson rather than this clown we currently have in charge. We should have played him in as many games as it took to make him happy so he wouldn't go to the press to say he felt lonely at Liverpool.

Good post.

He should sue.

never heard of him unfairly treated, I know everyone thought he was shite but he was never booed or anything was he

no personal issue with the likes of him and Konchesky as they gave their all but were just shite just gotta blame that arrogant old cunt Roy for signing him

When you piece together the stories that have emerged from Rafa’s last year and Roy’s six months you read the tale of the darkest era of LFC in modern times, the blame for which falls on the shoulders of G&H.

When Roy took over he was on a hiding to nothing, how Kenny would have coped at that time ,a matter of conjecture. The destructive pall that hung over the club during that period affected the careers of many.

Poulsen was a good player, who came to us at the wrong time in his career.

Yes I do feel bad that he will have a jaundiced view of our club, but it was a bad time, and financially he will have done fine, even if his playing career did not prosper.

He would have been a good signing earlier in his career, not at the stage he came to us. Further to that, he came at a bad time given the ownership issues. We might have given him more recognition but for the two direct implications of these statements: 1. He wasn't a very good player for us 2. We were fighting for the future of the club, and an average defensive midfielder, albeit one with a good pedigree from years before, barely registered.

Sorry Christian. Be consoled by your many millions in the bank!

He was very solid and effective at both Schalke and Sevilla, and had a Van Bommel-esque ability to irritate opponents (remember the Francesco Totti incident from Euro 2004?). His form nosedived when he went to Juventus, to the point where they couldn't believe their luck that not only were Liverpool willing to pay good money for him, they were also prepared to throw in Aquilani without a loan fee and sell him on the cheap in the summer. Hodgson signed him on the basis of having worked with him a decade earlier at FC Copenhagen rather than based on his recent form, which included a monumentally appalling World Cup showing.

I don't really care how he feels about us.

He stood and watched players go by and didn't bother chasing them, wandered aimlessly around the pitch doing fuck all and basically did nothing to justify his inclusion in the side.

I can forgive someone playing badly if there is some effort there but Poulsen didn't even try.

I remember his debut and all the usual mongs on here proclaiming how it was a joy to watch him in action because he'd always try and pick out a forward pass. Yep, that actually happened.

I remember that game well. You were caught on tele after Gerrard scored with your mouth shut.

Good times.

Sorry Robbie, I must of missed you at the back getting the songs going.

And Magic Sponge makes me laugh the most with his sporadic appearances at the match. Reminds me of the Half Man Half Biscuit lyric;

'A group of football fans referred to as Commodores, as in once, twice, three times a season, who feed sugar lumps to police horses at Cup Finals'.

In fact throw RobbieOr in the mix as well.