You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Porridge

melons

Cut down on the shitty processed carbs like white bread less sugar, decent amount of protein and veg like broccoli in each meal, plenty of water rather than sugary drinks. Keep an eye on the portion sizes and you should lose best part of 2 stone in three months at the reccomended 2 pounds a week. Depending on your intake and exercise you'll probably lose more.

Cardie,are you involved in the fitness or nutrition industry

Cardie,are you involved in the fitness or nutrition industry

I'm sitting here eating a whopper with bacon, so nope.

I should've pointed out that any 'advice' (if you can call it that) is from a hypocrite rather than expert. There's more to it than I've said obviously and probably better placed people on here to give indepth advice.

It's just what I do when I need to drop weight and works for me.

Surely you brush your teeth after breakfast and before leaving for work?

Indeed I do but when eaten for breakfast the taste has a habit of coming back. Doesnt seem to happen later on in the day so much. Same reason I try to avoid eating raw onions during the day

Guest Pistonbroke
Cheeky cunt!

You microwave bacon, microwave the fucking food of the gods, death is to good for you!

Could be worse, i could be Australian.

Guest Pistonbroke
My weekly rendevouz with your grandmother, for an illicit buming, is going to be that much sweeter after that uncalled for slander.

Stop bleating. Plus if you are into necrophilia then go for it, she's down under as well.

Guest Pistonbroke
Cool, I'll get a couple of friends and we'll go munging!

I think this is the first time we've properly interacted and the board and you're alright, I'll sort that neg out when I can.

If you dig up the gran from my fathers side you'd probably be better off taking a wooden stake to be on the safe side.

That white font is hard work.

• 11 months later...

To reduce the amount of bread I eat I've switched to a porridge breakfast. Here's how to make porridge that'll put hairs on your chest (if not your head)

Get one of those individual porridge portions, I'm using Aldi apple and blblueberry, put it in an oversized mug you stole from Starbucks or bought from sports direct. Add around 10% less milk than instructed and bang in the micrwave for s minute, stir, another minute then add a whole chopped banana,stir it all then another 30 secs.

What you end up with is a delicious mixture so thick that if you have some weetabix handy you could build a breakfast house.

• 2 years later...

Yes

Better in the pan though.

I have been having presoaked oats lately. Pretty much cold porridge. Put the oats in a bowl with whatever milk you use,add seeds,dried fruit etc and leave in fridge overnight. The oats soak and are alot lighter on the stomach. Sounds a bit odd but its really nice. Been adding small amounts of dried dates,figs,cherries,raisins and various nuts with chia,pumpkin,sunflower and flax seeds to the oats and almond milk.

Can you do 'normal' porridge oats in the microwave?

Yup

Jordan Oats and milk 2.5 mins in the microwave

Add honey & banana 

Breakfast of champions

Yes

Better in the pan though.

I have been having presoaked oats lately. Pretty much cold porridge. Put the oats in a bowl with whatever milk you use,add seeds,dried fruit etc and leave in fridge overnight. The oats soak and are alot lighter on the stomach. Sounds a bit odd but its really nice. Been adding small amounts of dried dates,figs,cherries,raisins and various nuts with chia,pumpkin,sunflower and flax seeds to the oats and almond milk.

Haha. I posted my breakfast revelation this morning and then looked at it and thought, 'who wants to read about that, yer daft ol' bint?'

What do I know?

Yeah, NV, it was just ordinary porridge oats

Haha. I posted my breakfast revelation this morning and then looked at it and thought, 'who wants to read about that, yer daft ol' bint?'

What do I know?

Important stuff, Champ

In the winter when it's cold, dark and damp (I realise that's all the time in Scotland) there is absolutely nothing better than a steaming bowl of porridge for breakfast

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What do I know?

Fucking hell. I always thought it was just those 'quick oat' things you could do that with. I'll try that in the morning. Doing it in the pan is a right pain in the arse. Well, washing the pan up is anyway.

I have mine like Matty, but with banana and maple syrup.

Fucking hell. I always thought it was just those 'quick oat' things you could do that with. I'll try that in the morning. Doing it in the pan is a right pain in the arse. Well, washing the pan up is anyway.

I have mine like Matty, but with banana and maple syrup.

I never realised either until I bought some of those sachets to try to entice my daughter to eat something before school and discovered all it was was 30g of rolled oats in a little paper bag.

Always hated the pan cleaning palaver too.

A handful of Original Crunchy works well too. You can do the whole thing neat Original Crunchy but its pretty sweet