You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs Match thread - Monday

Guest LFD

Disappointing as we deserved to win! Commentators just wanna suck Parkers cock! Carroll's hold up play and distribution was fantastic. He should of scored though as should Suarez but could have easily lost to that Bale chance. MOM between Gerrard and Carroll

we deserved nothing, we offered very little in the final third as usual, spurs were comfortable and deserved draw :wallbutt:

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didnt do enough to win really.

Not enough chances created, to static in midfield and piss poor crossing.

Wouldnt be too bad a result under normal circumstances but in our position of having to play catch up, it`s not really enough especially in view of the upcoming games.

Our inability to regularly see off the also rans is really biting us in the arse. Maybe we`re just one of the also rans.

Utter dog shit.

Carroll did better tonight , but its still not good enough for a £10 million pound signing, nevermind a 35 mill one, Our movement in the final third is bloody awful in my opinion.

He was excellent tonight. Won loads of ball and his touch was great. Pity he rushed the shot a bit but he looks like a different player to a few weeks back. Even the funny run is gone.

He can't help the price tag.

A result at Old Trafford is essential - fourth is gone otherwise, and I think you'd have to suspect that Newcastle are going to put fifth out of reach if we don't get a run going soon.

Nah, there's fuck all separating us from fourth, still tons of games to go.

Spurs will play better and lose, Arsenal are still Arsenal.

What sort of cat was that? Bit overweight as well.

Kuyt is shite. I don't care about the goals in-between, he's still shite.

Guest Pistonbroke

Don't think it was a bad performance and we have to give credit to Spurs for defending well. We created very little and couldn't take the chances we created. Our crossing into the box in general needs to improve vastly if we are to see the best of a Carroll Suarez partnership. First half we got it out wide loads but farted about too much instead of getting it into the box, when we did try it was low and inevitably was defended with ease.

Knives are out again

BBC

2210:

I've just seen the TV replays, and I've changed my mind from 2127... that wasn't accidental at all by Luis Suarez. He didn't look at the dropping ball at all, and he knew he was going to kick Scott Parker. Naughty. And extremely lucky not to be shown a straight red.

terribly frustrating and disappointing yet again.

didnt warrant the three points as we carved out fcuk all the whole game.

as has been said we are gash when we get into good spaces out wide, absolutely gash.

and one thing that has been doing my head in all season is that we never have anyone on the 18 yard box when loose balls drop there which invariably happens at least 3 or 4 times every game.

still the same old story, whoever from the four of us puts a decent run together will nick fourth.

we need to take something from old trafford and absolutely need the 3 points when arsenal come to anfield.

we'd chances but we lacked quality in the final third all night whether it was our crossing not beating the first man, carroll snatched at an effort with his right foot, suarez had a great chance with a header and spurs blocked everything else. very lucky we didn't lose it when bale went through. I was happy with the line up. I think Carroll deserved to start and knocked the ball down well, held up - all the back to goal stuff you want from a forward but you also want goals and when he got his chance, it wasn't an easy one but in games like this you need moments of pure quality to win the game. He's improving though. Martin Kelly was outstanding and GJ had a good game at left back too. Agger and Skrtel continue to be very solid and we needed pepe to bail us out ( excuse the pun ) when Bale was one on one. Spearing had a great game too but his passing in the final third was poor on a couple of occasions, Adam moved the ball well and quickly and Gerrard and Bellamy were well marked by walker and parker. Dirk had one of those games and had to make way for suarez who twisted and turned and tortured them but he was clearly rusty and could easily have been sent off for kicking parker in the gut. downing offered little when he came on.

a draw was a fair result. we didn't create enough to say we should have won. I really thought we'd have gone for them more - bit higher tempo in the first 10 minutes, try and get a goal, get the crowd going and get them rattled but it was fairly pensive in the first half. decent game. glad we didn't lose but makes us rue those other home draws against teams outside the top 6.