You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

There is a case for the entire old midfield (Lucas/Gerrard excepted) to be moved on, or for them to improve under Rodgers. We shall have to see how the unit that we end up with looks.

There are some horrible hits to be taken on Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. In the grand scheme of things a £4m loss is good value.

Is there not an arguement to be made that BR may be able to get more from Henderson & Downing? I certainly think BR's tactics suit Henderson much more than Kenny's did.

That said, unless he plans to surgically graft some mammoth balls to Downing, I'm not sure how much he can improve him.

There is a case for the entire old midfield (Lucas/Gerrard excepted) to be moved on, or for them to improve under Rodgers. We shall have to see how the unit that we end up with looks.

There are some horrible hits to be taken on Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. In the grand scheme of things a £4m loss is good value.

I have been banging on relentlessly about this for about 9 months.

They ALL need to go bar those 2.

I would keep Carroll.

But sell in an instant if it means we keep Agger.

Is there not an arguement to be made that BR may be able to get more from Henderson & Downing? I certainly think BR's tactics suit Henderson much more than Kenny's did.

That said, unless he plans to surgically graft some mammoth balls to Downing, I'm not sure how much he can improve him.

Horrenderson is shit. Which is why Rodgers has brought in two players in central midfield to ensure that we don't need to play him.

Delighted with Sahin and Allen, largely because it means that Horrenderson and the hapless Spearing will not play in any games we give a shit about winning

Good stuff. Although we do need a Dempsey or whoever to block Syndrome from the first team

Horrenderson is shit. Which is why Rodgers has brought in two players in central midfield to ensure that we don't need to play him.

Delighted with Sahin and Allen, largely because it means that Horrenderson and the hapless Spearing will not play in any games we give a shit about winning

Good stuff. Although we do need a Dempsey or whoever to block Syndrome from the first team

Horrenderson & Syndrome! If I were a small child I might just, at a push find that mildly amusing.

I'd have to be quite a simple child, mind.

If things don't go to plan then you could always make up more silly names like Tallentless or something.

Boss.

Did Henderson nick your panini LFC shiny or something? You seem to have a special sort of hatred for him.

Looks like sahin is done Tello is staying at Barca though.

Hope you're wrong about Tello. Thought for weeks the rumours were too good to be true and it appears they probably are. He looked a real talented kid when he got the chance last season and would love to see him at Anfield.

Pisser if it doesn't happen.

love the fact that we now have genuine depth of quality in the midfield.

not loving the facts that i can't decide a starting team.

a decent winger would be a god send and more important than another striker imo: especially if carroll doesn't move on.

I reckon some of you guys are being a bit harsh on Adam - he was severely exposed by Lucas injury but I thought he looked decent in the first few months. Although flashbacks of his wide free kicks, corners and holding onto the ball until too late when countering haunt me.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Allen Sahin

Gerrard Suarez Borini

Front three roaming around like there's no tomorrow.

Infact we're going to be so fucking attacking it'll look more like this -

Reina

Skrtel Agger

Lucas

Johnson Allen Sahin Enrique

Gerrard Suarez Borini

2-1-4-3. Teams are going to get brutally fingered.

I think you just nailed it.

Some reckon SG would be wasted and ineffective on the RF position but I reckon he would be hell for teams to cope with.

I think it will be a mixture. Some games we will play Gerrard in the middle and not Lucas I reckon.

We need one more really good wide attacker to replace Downing.

I'm happy enough with Carroll as back up striker, but if he goes we'll need someone there too.

I can't picture a midfield without Lucas since his loss devastated us at Xmas. But yeah, Sahin, Allen and Gerrard would be delightful in home games where we don't need so much steel.

Suppose it depends on how we aim to use full backs. I know some argue that Lucas (or a DM in general) allows full bcks to get forward to stretch teams who sit back.

I'd be very surprised to see Gerrard on the right. There's been no indication of that at all.

Agreed, but I still like it.

I hope that having Sahin and/or Allen in the centre should they prove to be as we hope, allow SG to be more free and less inhibited as at times last season he appeared more contained by lack of confidence in those behind him.

I'd be very surprised to see Gerrard on the right. There's been no indication of that at all.

Think it will be an option mainly.

Lucas is steady, and if Sahin and Allen settle they should be good. Downing is Downing and Borini will have ups and downs. We also don't have any back up wide players other than Sterling.

Say we are playing Man City away would you rather Lucas, Sahin, Allen and Gerrard all playing. Or Sahin, Allen, Gerrard, Downing with Lucas on the bench?

Possibility of a permanent deal for Sahin?

That's too good to be true!

We still need that wide player.

A few options Honda, G.Rodriguez (if he wants to be serious about his demands), Boudebouz, Iturbe (on loan?), Johnson, any left footed player that can cut inside has a bit of pace and trickery and isn't Downing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Think it will be an option mainly.

Lucas is steady, and if Sahin and Allen settle they should be good. Downing is Downing and Borini will have ups and downs. We also don't have any back up wide players other than Sterling.

Yet!

Say we are playing Man City away would you rather Lucas, Sahin, Allen and Gerrard all playing. Or Sahin, Allen, Gerrard, Downing with Lucas on the bench?

Yeah, fair point. We'll have to wait to see if we get any wide players in. Wide in midfield is one thing, but wide attacker in a 4-3-3? Not sure myself.

I can't remember the last time he was effective attacking from the right.

Edit - saw above -- don't get locked into two wingers and a striker as a 433. More likely to look like a sole striker supported by two.