You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Britain's Gay Footballers

gkmacca

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez there are some on there that make Barton look like a saint. John bloody McGovern, for example - what a dolt. The programme seems a bit forced in that I can't believe John Fashanu's daughter didn't already know what a bigot he was, but it's still quite a useful exercise if it underlines what needs to be done.

What is wrong with McGovern?

He was asked about Justin Fashanu at Forest. First he laughed and said 'He smelt nice but I didn't know he was homosexual,' then he fell about laughing when told Clough called Fashanu a 'poof' as if it was the most hilarious bit of wit going, then he just dug a deeper and deeper hole for himself. It was like a clip from some awful 1970s ITV sitcom.

John Fashnau made me sick how he disowned his brother when he came out. There is no more repulsive man in football then that horrible prick of an excuse for a man.

When his brother killed himself it really gutted me that the fella was turned on and reduced to that by his own brother. Sickening.

But I also think if a player came out as gay, most people wouldn't really care. He'd get some dumb chants from the terraces, but in truth, that doesn't really matter as it wouldn't be worse the the "babies not yours" shite Steve has to put up with with no press disgust.

I think the sooner a few players come out the better so everyone can just move on. Who cares? If a person is in love with another person then good on them, regardless of the sex of the two people. I don't see why it requires so much attention, as it's just making it a bigger issue.

John Fashanu is a complete bell end. I remember Erik Thorstvedt once told a story about Fashanu fracturing Gary Mabbut's skull and he didn't even bother to apologise. He told the media that he did go to the hospital, but it turned out he hadn't. Thorstvedt named him as the biggest twat he came across when playing in England.

But what he did to his own brother is just sickening.

John Fashnau made me sick how he disowned his brother when he came out. There is no more repulsive man in football then that horrible prick of an excuse for a man.

When his brother killed himself it really gutted me that the fella was turned on and reduced to that by his own brother. Sickening.

But I also think if a player came out as gay, most people wouldn't really care. He'd get some dumb chants from the terraces, but in truth, that doesn't really matter as it wouldn't be worse the the "babies not yours" shite Steve has to put up with with no press disgust.

I think the sooner a few players come out the better so everyone can just move on. Who cares? If a person is in love with another person then good on them, regardless of the sex of the two people. I don't see why it requires so much attention, as it's just making it a bigger issue.

Your gay and play football don't Johnny.

On a more serious response to your post. Your spot on there mate.

Aren't Bolton looking at signing some Brazilian who came out a few months ago? Seen something in the paper the other week. If true wonder what Oli Holt will have say about it all.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

I tried to find the Robbie Fowler v Gayame Le Saux video to show the missus the other day. Couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure he recieved a ban for it.

I tried to find the Robbie Fowler v Gayame Le Saux video to show the missus the other day. Couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure he recieved a ban for it.

Shambles.

In football you get labelled gay by players and fans alike simply for reading broadsheets instead of tabloids.

Football will never change in my lifetime. It's stuck in the dark ages as this post will attest.

Your gay and play football don't Johnny.

On a more serious response to your post. Your spot on there mate.

Aren't Bolton looking at signing some Brazilian who came out a few months ago? Seen something in the paper the other week. If true wonder what Oli Holt will have say about it all.

I've been called gay at HOW I play football. There's no doubt about that. But after the game all the ladies get it right up them and my manlyness is immediately cheered by all the villagers.

He did. He received a longer ban then LeSaux did for coming up behind him and punching hm in the head. The good old FA getting there priorities all over the place again.

He did. He received a longer ban then LeSaux did for coming up behind him and punching hm in the head. The good old FA getting there priorities all over the place again.

Violent conduct v homophobic abuse. What's worse will depend on your perspective. The FA didn't necessarily get their priorities wrong there.

Can I just make a point here.

Justin Fashanu didn't kill himself because he was gay. He killed himself because he was a paedophile.