You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today's Other Games

Anubis

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really get the sneijder buzz at all, united can have him. Forlan is class, we should have pulled out all the stops to get him, age is no barrier when youve got game intelligence.

If i remember correctly, the fee was about 5m euro's. Even if you get only 2 seasons from him, then its worth every cent.

Completely agree we should have pulled out all the stops but I'm sure I heard he had reservations about coming back to england. Which is fair enough

The madness of the transfer window appears not to afflict continental Europe quite as virulently as England and there were few major deals concluded this week. Diego Forlan's €5m (£4.43m) switch from Atletico Madrid to Internazionale was the most eye-catching, with Inter also taking former Birmingham striker Mauro Zarate from Lazio on loan.

Forlan moves to Inter, but rest of Europe quiet on transfer D-day - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Two minutes? When was the last time you saw any, ANY game with less than three minutes added time in the second half?

Gutted. If Ajax had any width at all they could have finished that. Everything went out to the wings then back into the middle. No runs, less crosses than Castle Dracula.

Ha-ha, not the only Liverpool supporter out there thinking that was a bit fishy then... 5 substitutions in that 2nd half, and a goal as well. 3 minutes is the absolute minimum (thought you were supposed to give 30 seconds for each substitution made) one would expect, and who would have figured only 3 if it was United chasing the game. Complete madness...