You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst physical pain you have ever experienced?

Philbert

Mine was probably breaking ribs from falling out of a tree. Whilst there were individual excrutiating moments it was the slow recovery and constant pain that was the worst, every breath hurts, every slight movement hurts, you automatically adjust which compounds pain 200%, you adjust again it cranks up to 400%. You don't realise you have all these chest and stomach muscles until you injure them.

Laser surgery was interesting, had my eye clamped open wider than what I could comfortably handle, then a razor pushed into the eye tight enough to put pressure on the back of my head and trying to keep it still whilst it was cutting the outer layer out. I have also had minor surgery on my eye lids twice whilst concious, razorblades in the lid is another classic.

You lot have had some bad ones! I don't think I've ever had a time when I was in too much pain.

I've taken a lot of abuse from various things, but I didn't think it hurt all that bad. A few really bad mountain bike falls, some brutal hockey stuff, some injuries from various other things... but nothing that made me want to get pain meds.

I guess my separated shoulder? That was the most memorable pain, I think, because I had to take the arm out of the sling every day and 'work' the shoulder joint.

They gave me some sort of heavy pain killers, but I don't use pain killers, so I just had to deal with it. It wasn't too bad though... just a bit brutal when trying to change clothes, and such.

It's amazing how much a bit of pain in the toe can hurt, I got an infected toe from my travels and every time I banged it, it fucking hurt and I had to limp to the doctor in the end to get it sorted. It's not really deserving of a place in this thread for worst ever, but surprisingly bad would be a fair reflection.

It's amazing how much a bit of pain in the toe can hurt, I got an infected toe from my travels and every time I banged it, it fucking hurt and I had to limp to the doctor in the end to get it sorted. It's not really deserving of a place in this thread for worst ever, but surprisingly bad would be a fair reflection.

True that. I had an unlucky string of breaks on my big toe. The damn thing was broken whilst playing ice hockey, originally. Anyway, my dad's room had this thick carpet, and it would sometimes drag my toe under my foot when i was walking for ultra-fun rebreaks!

I'd fall to the ground in agony for a while... It really fucking sucked. It kept fucking happening too. Sooner or later, I wouldn't go watch TV in that room anymore...

I had major abdominal surgery last year. The anaesthetists told me that they'd shoot my abdomen full of local anaesthetic before I woke up, but they evidently forgot.

The nurses told me later (after they had shut me up by filling me with morphine) that I was begging them to kill me.It was deffo the worst pain of my life.

I'm certain that the surgeon rearranged my innards to give his mates in x-ray a laugh, the unfunny cunt.

Ruptured a disc in my lower back a few years ago working out at a gym. Had to get rushed to the hospital. Complete agony. Cold sweat. Could not move. Threw up in the ambulance out of shock. Had to have a tube stuck down my throat to suck out the vomit as I could not move my head.

Waited in the emergency room for 30 minutes before someone could see me. Ended up biting my tongue so hard from the pain that I was spiting blood. Neurologist said it was the worst ruptured disc he had ever seen. Had emergency surgery the following morning yet was able to out a day later.

I'll never forget the pain. Broken my shoulder, torn ligaments, broken leg, ACL in both knees, lumbar puncture, nothing will ever compare to that pain. Crazy.

I had major abdominal surgery last year. The anaesthetists told me that they'd shoot my abdomen full of local anaesthetic before I woke up, but they evidently forgot.

The nurses told me later (after they had shut me up by filling me with morphine) that I was begging them to kill me.It was deffo the worst pain of my life.

I'm certain that the surgeon rearranged my innards to give his mates in x-ray a laugh, the unfunny cunt.

I also once paid $AUD35 for a haircut. It was utter agony to pull the notes out of my wallet and pay the man. Excruciating in fact.
  • Upvote 1

had an abcess in my jaw that lasted for a week. couldnt open or close my mouth more than about 10mm, intense pain right down the one side of my head and neck, no sleep, severe ear ache.not something i want again.

I sympathise. A hardcore episode of toothache is officially the worst pain known to man. I had an abcess the size of a golf ball once. After some horrific procedure in the dentists I had to sit through 3 days of antibiotics with the pain not subsiding until the very last tablet on the last day. The pain was that bad I punched a wall and smashed my hand to bits.

Jaw cramp for me.

Got hit with a hockey stick when I was a kid, so now my jaws are kind of loose. Every now and again I'll get jaw cramp especially after a big yawn. Hurt like hell and all I could do when I cramp up is just lie very still, close my eyes and wait for it to finish. Can't even grit my teeth. Horrible.

I had an infected wound under my arm which had to be pack dressed. Meaning it had to be stuffed each day for about two weeks while it healed from the inside out to prevent the cyst occurring again.

Bastard thing hurt like a red hot poker being jammed in my armpit. Almost passed out with the pain on the first dressing. It steadily got easier as the infection went, the wound shallowed and time to pack the dressing shortened. Also as I was advised to take pain killers half an hour before re-dressing the wound; something they never told me first time around.

I seem to be really lucky as I have never really experienced any high levels of pain. I've never broken a bone, never fallen from a great height, never had my penis gouged.

The only time I can remember being fed up with pain is when I had a wisdom tooth coming through at the same time I was revising for exams. Couldn't concentrate on anything other than the throbbing pain in my tooth.

But like I say, nothing too bad.

Mine was probably breaking ribs from falling out of a tree. Whilst there were individual excrutiating moments it was the slow recovery and constant pain that was the worst, every breath hurts, every slight movement hurts, you automatically adjust which compounds pain 200%, you adjust again it cranks up to 400%. You don't realise you have all these chest and stomach muscles until you injure them.

Laser surgery was interesting, had my eye clamped open wider than what I could comfortably handle, then a razor pushed into the eye tight enough to put pressure on the back of my head and trying to keep it still whilst it was cutting the outer layer out. I have also had minor surgery on my eye lids twice whilst concious, razorblades in the lid is another classic.

Oh I've had similar.

As an extremely brave and thick 12 year old I was climbing them real high nets behind a goal on a hockey pitch. About 30ft high, anyway, I made it to the top with ease, but it started pudding down rain on my descent, at the half way point I slipped and came straight down banging my ribs off one of the steel supporting bars.

I'll always remember I couldn't breath for easily 40 seconds and all my mates had this look like "holy fuck he's going die" on them

I broke 3 ribs and cracked two, bruised my kidney and was pissing blood for a week. To be fair though I was so young I remember it heeled quite quickly, and beside the obvious uncomfortablness, the aftermath wasn't that bad.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Don't know how ive managed to reach 36 without breaking a bone. Once stood on a 6 inch nail that was attached to a plank of wood. Nail went straight through my trainer and out through the laces. Luckily i had a hammer to hand, used my trouser belt as a bit to chomp on and with one swift blow was able to remove the rusty nail.

Couldn't walk properly for a week.

Fannies.

Broken bones, minor ops, major ops, done the lot. You are actually offered pain relief for those. As you are for child birth, however they expect you to do without during child birth - at least until an anaesthetist comes around.

9½lb baby was nothing compared to the 7lb 1oz little shite whose head was so poorly positioned she was trying to break the left side of my hip, for 9 hours with no drugs what so ever. The anaesthetist came around an hour and a half to late. That child is still a massive pain in my back side today.

An upturned plug comes pretty close though.

Edit, one of those solid shit's that are jaggedy and feel like they're going to tear your arse apart hurt pretty bad too....

had an abcess in my jaw that lasted for a week. couldnt open or close my mouth more than about 10mm, intense pain right down the one side of my head and neck, no sleep, severe ear ache.not something i want again.

Yeah! I had an impacted and infected wisdom tooth. My jaw was swollen shut. It hurt, but it wasn't crazy...

I couldn't really sleep very well, though, and my whole head felt messed up.

Broke my leg in 7 places. Sadly not in a cool way though. I was running down a corridor in school and slipped. My foot went under a big table that was up against the wall and got caught under the leg. (one of those tables with a straight single leg down that opens out at the end into two legs – basically like an upside down T with rubber bits at each end so the foot can fit under it) I swung around the other side and my leg just popped at the ankle, below the knee, above the knee and the knee itself. In total 7 breaks. I could see the sole of my shoe.

However, that wasn’t the sore bit. In fact, there was very little pain at that time, more just a very strong throbbing. (That coupled with a lad sitting on the table who looked down and actually got sick when he saw my leg, with a decent amount of sick hitting me on the stomach and chest) It was 20 mins later when the paramedics were unwinding me from the table and I could actually feel the broken bones grinding against each other as they tried to straighten my leg to get me on the stretcher. I screamed the place down. 11 months in a toe to hip cast was my reward for that little fall.

Amazing that I’ve fallen off the roof of a two story house. Been run down by a car doing at least 40 mph when on foot and once when on my bike. Fallen a good 10 foot out of a tree and even been in a light aircraft crash and have walked away from every single one of them with no more then a few bruises. Yet I slip running down a corridor and over 20 years on I still get pain from that injury.

Bolox to childbirth. If men had kids then we'd squeeze the little fucker out and be back at work later that day. Women milk that shit becasue they know they can. A kick in the balls is sorer yet that happens and we as men are back on the pitch within minutes.

I broke my ribs when I fell of stage, pissd out of my head, holding my guitar.

Rock n roll!

Still finished the gig though, or so I'm told. I don't remember a thing.

The recovery was a ballache as there's just fuck all you can do.

Also fractured my coccyx (tail bone) when I fell down some stairs on my arse. That's a nasty one, takes your breath away every time you sit down.

I had to sit on a rubber ring on the office for a couple of weeks, which as you can imagine got me loads of sympathy from the understanding bunch of lads I worked with.