You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need goals so I'd play him on the right or in the middle of the 3 behind Suarez.

Like this:

Suarez

Maxi Bellamy Gerrard

or:

Bellamy Gerrard Downing.

Kenny might prefer him in the middle with Adam and play Henderson further forward, like he did when Lucas was suspended for the Norwich game.

I am more worried of him getting fit than where to play him at the moment. I have a feeling he will retire early because of his injury. He would probably play 15-20 games until the next injury this season.

I think its reasonable not to expect much more than 25 games a season from him, however I'd be happy with that next 4-5 years and use him sparingly

I didn't see him in the pictures from the Alder Hey visit. Reckon he might be dead.

There was a rumour he is in the middle east doing some fitness work.

Not sure if true.

I didn't see him in the pictures from the Alder Hey visit. Reckon he might be dead.

He didn't want the kids to catch whatever infection he's got at the moment. Would probably finish them off.

Is there an actual return date for him yet? I know it was rumoured to be 'about Christmas' & Kenny is non-commital on it.

Imagine we'll be ensuring he's Ok for the 2 Man City games?

My username has nothing to do with Gerrard. His 'injuries' have been getting increasingly bizarre and he's now basically missed a season. We saw it with Fowler/Owen/macca to a lesser extent and others too but at nearly 32 he won't have the time/body to recover. He's run himself into the ground over the past 10 years and i'm sorry to say it but I don't think he's got anything left. The fact that he won't retire from England also annoys me greatly.

due to us not having an out and out goalscorer I think we need him as far up as possible

our best team for me

-------------Reina-------------

Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique

----------Lucas--Adam--------

Maxi----------Gerrard---Downing

---------------Suarez----------

the only things I aren't 100% on with this line up is whether I'd play Skrtel or Carra and also Bellamy, Henderson and Kuyt would be in contention to replace Downing and Maxi sometimes but if we were in the champions league final tommorrow and we had a fully fit side that is what I would play

as it is we don't have Lucas for the season and whilst I think Jay will get a lot of game time I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevie play deep sometimes

My username has nothing to do with Gerrard. His 'injuries' have been getting increasingly bizarre and he's now basically missed a season. We saw it with Fowler/Owen/macca to a lesser extent and others too but at nearly 32 he won't have the time/body to recover. He's run himself into the ground over the past 10 years and i'm sorry to say it but I don't think he's got anything left. The fact that he won't retire from England also annoys me greatly.

I hope you're wrong mate but I think you may be right. Maybe packing England in would only add to the speculation around his fitness.

On the other hand he could come back all guns blazing.

Would it be fair to suggest he may time his eventual return to be fresh and ready to go in probably his last tournament for his beloved England.

Can't see the king falling for that to be honest.

When he does eventually return he plays in front of Adams and Henderson in a free roving wrecking ball role.