You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Agger and Skrtel are playing well Carra should retire? What happens when Agger gets injured?

Hopefully Coates is ready to step in...

Should try to get him some playing time soon, would like to see him in the cup games and some league games at Anfield.

He can still do a job for us, a good experienced backup to have around.

I agree, although I did like it how he didn't automatically come into the team today, just because he was fit.

I think Skrtel / Agger deserved to keep the shirts.

Guest ShoePiss

He still has something to offer the first team, is great to have in the squad and he's already getting his coaching badges if I remember rightly.

Norwich prick.

Guest alantkayll

He has all but finished his coaching badges now. The club have huge plans for him in the near future. I think its great to see the lad with so much knowledge of the game plus a love of the club second to non,be thought of so highly by the owners.

He has all but finished his coaching badges now. The club have huge plans for him in the near future. I think its great to see the lad with so much knowledge of the game plus a love of the club second to non,be thought of so highly by the owners.

Did his mate Hodgson help him with that?

*Waits*

At this moment in time he is third choice central defender. But things can change quickly in football. Skrtel/Agger are doing well at the moment and are rightly in possession, but form and fitness issues are never too far away. If something happens with either defender, who better to come back in than Carra?

He is an experienced player who has played with both Skrtel and Agger, so a quick understanding could be established with either one of them again, should it come to that.

i would put Carra back in next game, i thought both CBs played well today and if they would have kept a clean sheet i would have stuck with them. Carra is just too good to leave out, its no coincidence that our defence is one of the best in the league. His exp is second to none and while he isnt as good as he was he is still our best imo.

There surely has to be a middle ground between no longer being first choice and being pensioned off for the sake of it. He can still offer us plenty on and off the pitch.

Hate to use them as a point of reference but the likes of Giggs and Scholes are/were kept as part of the squad even when they no longer started week in week out and the scum were all the stronger for it.

I agree, although I did like it how he didn't automatically come into the team today, just because he was fit.

I think Skrtel / Agger deserved to keep the shirts.

Same here.

Agger and Skrtel are the lads in possession, they've done well and have done well as a partnership before. They are solid.

There were times under Rafa, when Carra was out with injuries, that Carra was being put out to pasture by people too because they looked so comfortable so I'm not writing him off yet. But it should be up to him now to force his way back into the team by impressing the manager in training or waiting for Agger's legs to fall off.

Because Agger and Skrtel are playing well Carra should retire?

Yep that's how it works.

I personally retired from the eleven-a-side game the moment I heard we'd signed Coates as it was finally obvious that Kenny wouldn't be giving me a regular game, and at 35 I had to know my place.

Carra should heed my example and stick to the indoor 5-a-sides from now on.

I was born in 1971 and when I was little and we played football we used to baggsy a Liverpool player to be. Keegan / Tosh / Heighway / Kenny etc. The slowest kid off the mark would always have to be Ian Callaghan.

I remember one day a kid being so upset by being given Ian Callaghan that he kicked off, had a hissy fit and went home crying.

I was about 6 or 7 and had no idea how disrespectful we were being to one of LFC's greatest servants. In our eyes he was about 60 years old. Genuinely. But the fact was I was only 6 or 7.

I wonder if this is the mentality that leads some of the critics of Carragher to have a go.

Judge Carra on his performances, not his age. He genuinely has a season or two left in him. He has played well this season - I'm sorry but he really has. The way some people talk you'd think he was a liability. He ain't. Mistakes are part and parcel of the game (MS's hideous slice against Chelsea?), and Carra has made a few, but his positioning is the best out there.

You don't know what you have til it's gone.

Guest davelfc

Well with two games coming up quite quickly I can see Kenny making full use of his squad. While I like that form players get to keep their place, I really can't see kenny risking Agger in the City and chelsea carling cup game with them being so close together.

Good to see real competition for places and it being rewarded. I've lost count of the times people have written off Carra, I suppose one year they might actually not make tools of themselves.

i would put Carra back in next game, i thought both CBs played well today and if they would have kept a clean sheet i would have stuck with them.

So the CB's played well, but you would drop one of them because we conceded a goal that was the fault of neither of them?

Are you advocating switching our CB pairing everytime we let a goal in?