You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Very lacklustre performance, wonder if age is an issue in these conditions, only Brook, Livingstone and Curran the right side of30.

Not sure shoe-horning Stokes in was a good move for squad morale.

Topley should be playing, Wood has hardly bowled the last month has he so no wonder he is rusty. Been a bit a bit block or smack our batting Root aside.

• Upvote 1

With such a cumbersome tournament ( everybody plays everybody - 9 games all across India  ) I think we could afford to pick and mix , depending on the opposition and conditions. The main problem I see is that we have barely anybody in the squad in good form and a lot of rustiness. Long tournament though, so not going to get too negative at this point.

59 minutes ago, sir roger said:

With such a cumbersome tournament ( everybody plays everybody - 9 games all across India  ) I think we could afford to pick and mix , depending on the opposition and conditions. The main problem I see is that we have barely anybody in the squad in good form and a lot of rustiness. Long tournament though, so not going to get too negative at this point.

I think they need to pick their best side wicket permitting. Will be hard from here but this was always a hard game as will be all rest. 

Basically four from six will make the semis. Holland should lose every game, and Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and Bangladesh probably won't get out of the group. So today's loss, and the manner of it re the run rate, could be quite costly for England. Still fancy them to get into the final four though. 

Just watching some bits of India v Pakistan and the stadium is almost empty despite this being like Liverpool v Man U in the Champions League. I then googled a bit and found this article.

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2023/10/2/fans-frustrated-icc-cricket-world-cup-2023-tickets-india

Sport is fucked everywhere.

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just watching some bits of India v Pakistan and the stadium is almost empty despite this being like Liverpool v Man U in the Champions League. I then googled a bit and found this article.

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2023/10/2/fans-frustrated-icc-cricket-world-cup-2023-tickets-india

Sport is fucked everywhere.

What a total dickhead I am! It's Pakistan v Sri Lanka,not India. You Brexit,Racist,Tory Bastard you. 

Could be out of the tournament before Stokes is fit. 

Why leave Moeen out on a spinning pitch. Seamers need plenty of tricks or a bit of pace in India and we have

had very little of that so far. Let's give Atkinson a go.

Saffers to put us out of 2 World Cups next weekend ?

• Upvote 1