You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

Oh and this is a good blog on Cameron being a despicable cunt

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/will-black/child-abuse-wanless-review_b_6143070.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Abuse Campaigners Are Not Conspiracy Theorists, Mr Cameron

In George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four he wrote: "In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it."

In 2014 Britain we do not have an all-powerful charismatic leader, merely a strained coalition of desperadoes, dominated by a party that hasn't won an election for almost 23 years. Nevertheless, our system is not immune to underhand Orwellian tactics.

Worryingly, we have got used to our surveillance society and the idea of governance by propaganda, misinformation, denial of truth, and the rewriting of history. Google pages about powerful people vanish from before our eyes, and unflattering Wikipedia entries get changed so rapidly that it's almost as though some multinational PR company perpetually edits it.

With such techniques available to the elite, we might not expect them to stoop to something as ludicrously basic as trying to convince us that two plus two makes five - or indeed zero. However, in the past few days George Osborne and David Cameron have each tried to convince us of exactly those things.

Under Ukip-induced pressure to make it look as though he has authority in Europe, Osborne bragged repeatedly that the rebate on our EU bill is a new and unexpected discount, gained by his expert negotiation. He and other Tories continued to say this after a range of EU politicians made it clear that the rebate we are getting was always coming our way. All George has done is delay payment - not a great bit of role modelling for a society drowning in debt.

Cameron has spun in a different direction, arithmetically, trying to convince people concerned about child abuse and cover-ups that two plus two makes nothing. Spinning on the day the Wanless report, into missing Home Office documents said to contain information about powerful people abusing children, was released, Cameron resorted to calling abuse campaigners conspiracy theorists. To do so, he exploited the fact that evidence could not be found within a few weeks to explain just how at least 114 files concerning child abuse went missing.

One of the missing files is a dossier presented in 1983 to then Home Secretary Leon Brittan by the Conservative MP Geoffrey Dickens. Mr Dickens, who is now deceased, spoke in 1983 of a paedophile ring involving "big, big names - people in positions of power, influence and responsibility". Despite attempts to posthumously smear Dickens, there has been progress in investigating abuse rings linked to powerful people, including those involving the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE).

Therefore for Cameron to say, in response to the Wanless report, "It is important that it says that there wasn't a cover-up. Some of the people who've been looking for conspiracy theories will have to look elsewhere" seems astonishingly callous and shows little respect for survivors. The fact that NSPCC chief executive officer and former civil servant Peter Wanless wasn't able to prove exactly how files went missing does not prove that the abuse described in files did not take place or that the files were not deliberately removed or destroyed.

Mr Wanless has said Cameron was wrong to dismiss a cover-up based on the limited investigation that took place, telling BBC Radio 4: "​We made very clear that we can't make a wider conclusion than that based on the task we were given and the information available to us." Home Secretary Theresa May drew very different conclusions from the report to those expressed by Cameron, admitting to Parliament: "There might have been a cover-up. I cannot stand here and say the Home Office was not involved in a cover-up in the 1980s, and that is why I am determined to get to the truth."

Mrs May's determination may be of some comfort to survivors of abuse, given two false starts of the Independent Panel Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Nevertheless, campaigners and survivors I have contact with have expressed grave concerns that the inquiry will be a whitewash or delays will mean nothing new will be known until after next year's general election.

Anyone who has investigated or been preyed upon by paedophile rings will understand that anxieties about delays are of great significance, as they relate to surviving networks. Even in cases where abuse happened decades ago, the existence of survivors and abuser networks means that the crimes are ongoing. A gang that got away with a violent armed robbery 30 years ago are still a gang of violent armed robbers today. A network that abused children and covered it up are still child abusers. Media emphasises that the inquiry is into 'historical child abuse' but this rather ignores the reality of abuse and the nature of paedophile rings and cover-ups. The crime remains a crime everyday. Survivors remain abused everyday and abusers remain abusers everyday. 

There are compelling and troubling links between abuse in North Wales and that in children's homes and approved schools across the country, PIE, Westminster and Elm guest house in London. Not to mention links between Jersey and Jimmy Savile, and between Savile and Cyril Smith - who is also linked to Elm guest house and the abuse of children elsewhere. There are also questions to answer about the security services alleged presence at Kincora Boys' Home in Northern Ireland and Elm guest house.

These are just a few examples where connections have been established. Anyone who has researched child abuse rings in Britain is painfully aware of links between networks. Any commentator also knows that writing about these abuse rings at the moment is a legal minefield, as people who previously could have been mentioned - to help explain links between rings - have recently been re-arrested. As legal proceedings are active for those cases, it is not possible to name them in a piece relating to abuse rings, because it potentially prejudices forthcoming trials. The absence of that information in this piece protects me. The absence of files from the Home Office - however they went missing - can only protect abusers and their protectors.

I've seen some bits about him before, wasn't it him who said Ken Clarke had made advances to him? 

It was his name that Bill Maloney was shouting at Clifford outside of his first court appearance, when his missus was still with him.

EDIT: Duh!  Clicked the link now!

They're desperately trying to keep the lid on this MP paedo ring, but it's all over the internet now.

Whatever comes out in the end, it does seem breathtakingly obvious that Theresa May has been given a very clear brief with regard to the enquiry, namely 'for fuck's sake make sure it doesn't get started until after the election.'

I do actually accept what she said about the fact it's difficult to identify a suitable person to head it, since the usual pool of candidates for such a role would be senior figures in the judiciary or other state machinery all of whom are likely to have had substantial contact with people who may fall within the scope of the enquiry, but that was hardly an unknown factor when the enquiry was announced yet the two appointees we've been through so far were almost laughably ill-judged.

Butler-Sloss in particular, I can't believe that anybody on the right side of a lobotomy could seriously imagine Michael Havers' sister would be an appropriate person to lead an enquiry into systematic abuse of children by the political elite which took place when he was the Attorney General.  I mean if you wrote it as a story it would be laughed out of the publishers as being unrealistic, unless you were intentionally creating a farce.

The best way forward would seem to be pretty obvious - consult with the victims organisations about who should head it up.  The fact that it hasn't been done to any meaningful degree and we still don't have a chair for the enquiry over six months after it was announced can only demonstrate one of two things; an intentional go-slow, or incompetence on a quite breathtaking scale.

As for getting someone from outside the cosy coterie of the British establishment to head it up, am I being too simplistic to think that perhaps looking to someone from outside Britain could be one way to address that aspect?  There's no reason whatsoever that it has to be headed by a Brit as far as I'm aware and in many ways it would be the most sensible option.  Having someone in charge who hasn't been trained from birth to swoon and genuflect at the sight of an ermine-trimmed robe would probably be a very good thing.

Geoffrey Dickens, the MP whose dossier was given to (and subsequently 'lost' by) Leon Brittan was the MP for the other Oldham consituency, not the one I live in, but I can say that despite his party allegiances and a fairly larger-than-life reputation (which he willingly played up to) he was that rarest of things, a Conservative MP with some real integrity.  He was treated disgracefully by his party as a result of his efforts to bring these allegations into the light; when this enquiry gets going almost 20 years after his death and hopefully exposes these venal cunts for what they are,  I hope people remember that back when Tom Watson was just leaving school there was already an MP trying to do something about this, despite the fact that he knew he was torpedoing his own political career in the process.  He deserves that.

• Upvote 4

As with many of these enquiries, they are almost used as a pressure release. Like the offerings up of Rolf Harris and others, they may give us a few dead people, maybe chuck a couple more celebs into the mix, but the brief of the enquiry will be give the veneer of justice and correction while offering very little at all.

Fuck me that's a long sentence. I need to go to bed.

Jim's fixed it from beyond the grave for his mate to take the rap .

Former DJ Ray Teret has been jailed for 25 years for a series of rapes and indecent assaults on girls as young as 12.

Teret, 73, a friend of Jimmy Savile, was convicted of seven counts of rape and 11 counts of indecent assault at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court last week.

He abused girls aged between 12 and 15 during the 1960s and 1970s.