You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

Passport. And pretty much everything he owned eventually. And latterly, his liberty.

His liberty? So hes banged up? Crikey. Poor fucker. Ive seen similar with two people who married Russians/East Europeans. Once the passports are there, the might of the families and associated henchpersons have descended and hounded the poor saps out of everything. One even predates internet dating. Neither ended up in chokey though, as far as im aware.

No wonder that badger digging up your garden was making you nervous.

It was really weird to be honest, getting an email at work from HR asking if she'd been in contact with anyone, then seeing it on the news, then them finding her dead. Met him at a club and agreed a date on the Saturday, she was dead by Wednesday.

I'd not spoken to her for years, in fact the last thing I said to her was "You'd be a lot more attractive if you smiled a bit". They didn't include that in the crime watch reconstruction.

• Upvote 1

It was really weird to be honest, getting an email at work from HR asking if she'd been in contact with anyone, then seeing it on the news, then them finding her dead. Met him at a club and agreed a date on the Saturday, she was dead by Wednesday.

I'd not spoken to her for years, in fact the last thing I said to her was "You'd be a lot more attractive if you smiled a bit". They didn't include that in the crime watch reconstruction.

craig%20david.jpg

The police circulated this photo as a person of interest to the investigation, but they could never find the guy apparently.

• Upvote 14

don't all killers use the "she moved away" line while she is under six inch of quick drying cement.

chev just happens to call the underground tomb he's built on the farm 'France', that's all, in the same way Bill Murray wants to call a pub 'The Gym' should he ever own one, so he doesn't have to lie to the wife when she asks where he's off to.

If I ever have a girlfriend genuinely go missing and Northumbria Police read this thread, I'm fucked.

Worryingly I tried to find the French girl on Facebook, no sign of her at all, not even as a friend of the people I met her through. Maybe at night I'm out there like a Tyler Durden/Ted Bundy hybrid. 

• 2 weeks later...

Birds are weird man.

Recent years were pretty shit on the birds front, without sounding like a bitch here, but I'd kind of grown up thinking that being a nice bloke was a good thing, but it was often used as a reason the women I went after couldn't be arsed with me, kept stringling me along etc. Got to the point where I'd literally given up and genuinely couldn't be arsed.  

Then I met my current Mrs when neither of us were really looking and she's amazing, I coulnd't have cast a Harry Potter spell to make a woman that had any more of what I was looking for in a person. All the so called 'nice traits' which previously seemed to be a bad thing are a good thing with her.

Anyway, I'd deleted my old Facebook account and started a new one a while back to keep in touch with some friends who were abroad, I set this one up with the obligatory couple profile pic and had 'engaged' down in my personal info. Low and behold, three of said past 'you're a nice guy but' cunts have tried to contact me on there - one of whom, because of the way I've set my account up, must have had to trawl through literally hundreds of people with my name to find me.

They can all get to fuck. We're looking at houses again on Saturday and we've just put the deposit down on the dress, I wish them all the best with their turkey basters and litter trays.

breaking-bad-i-won.gif

• Upvote 12

Birds are weird man.

Recent years were pretty shit on the birds front, without sounding like a bitch here, but I'd kind of grown up thinking that being a nice bloke was a good thing, but it was often used as a reason the women I went after couldn't be arsed with me, kept stringling me along etc. Got to the point where I'd literally given up and genuinely couldn't be arsed.  

Then I met my current Mrs when neither of us were really looking and she's amazing, I coulnd't have cast a Harry Potter spell to make a woman that had any more of what I was looking for in a person. All the so called 'nice traits' which previously seemed to be a bad thing are a good thing with her.

Anyway, I'd deleted my old Facebook account and started a new one a while back to keep in touch with some friends who were abroad, I set this one up with the obligatory couple profile pic and had 'engaged' down in my personal info. Low and behold, three of said past 'you're a nice guy but' cunts have tried to contact me on there - one of whom, because of the way I've set my account up, must have had to trawl through literally hundreds of people with my name to find me.

They can all get to fuck. We're looking at houses again on Saturday and we've just put the deposit down on the dress, I wish them all the best with their turkey basters and litter trays.

breaking-bad-i-won.gif

It's incredible how closely that resembles my situation mate, got nowhere with birds, did the so called right things and started to lose hope. Where things differ for me slightly is I realised a few years ago that foreign birds were just so much better in every respect. Better looking, not so entitled, fun, don't play games, sweet, kind, considerate, more interesting and generous. Nonetheless, I had had a few heartbreaks pursuing foreign girls when I met my missus and so didn't try too hard. Women can smell desperation and they don't like the way it whiffs, but a little flirting and casual interest works wonders. We were chatting all the time on FB and I thought fuck it and took a punt and went back to Ukraine to see her. Less than 2 years later we are married and I couldn't have met a more perfect woman if I designed her myself; she's fit and sound.

• Upvote 3

It's incredible how closely that resembles my situation mate, got nowhere with birds, did the so called right things and started to lose hope. Where things differ for me slightly is I realised a few years ago that foreign birds were just so much better in every respect. Better looking, not so entitled, fun, don't play games, sweet, kind, considerate, more interesting and generous. Nonetheless, I had had a few heartbreaks pursuing foreign girls when I met my missus and so didn't try too hard. Women can smell desperation and they don't like the way it whiffs, but a little flirting and casual interest works wonders. We were chatting all the time on FB and I thought fuck it and took a punt and went back to Ukraine to see her. Less than 2 years later we are married and I couldn't have met a more perfect woman if I designed her myself; she's fit and sound.

That's exactly what all her other husbands say!

• Upvote 4

It really is a strange situation when you meet one that shows no signs of lunacy.

I did actually ask her if she has a shed at her place.

You can never be too careful.

There really aren't many around, and I don't think it's a woman thing it's a society thing, most people have got their heads so firmly lodged up their arse. 

The alpha females in my office have all left now but they used to egg each other on to 'achieve', whether that was in their career or social situations. One particularly horrific conversation was when one asked us all - deliberately so it'd make her look 'strong and independent' - whether or not she should buy some bloke a Christmas present because she'd only been seeing him for three months, to which another asked 'that depends, are you exclusive?'.

Horrendous scenes. Some of my mrs's mates are a bit odd too, one has a penchant for men she wants to 'fix' and then goes a bit mental when they predictably do something stupid. 

It seems like relationships often these days are about anything but what they should be, which for me is a man and a woman liking each other, instead it seems so much about image, what others think, and generally just being and acting mental. 

Birds are weird man.

breaking-bad-i-won.gif

Absolutely love this. 

Possessiveness is one thing I'll never be able to understand in a relationship. I can't get my head around the insistence (usually instigated by one in the relationship) of couples being joined at the hip at all times. Obviously there's stuff you do as a couple, but, I don't get why there's a reluctance to, for instance, allow one of them to go out for a few bevs with a mate at the weekend or whatever. Christ, my parents have been together for 28 years and I think that's partly because my ma lets my old man fuck off out on a Saturday to go and watch the f**ty and in turn, he lets her do whatever she wants with her mates. All perfectly healthy.

I'd say a mate of mine and his missus have a similar relationship. Again, they do stuff as a couple, but if I bell him for a pint, there's no hesitation and no guilt trip from his girlfriend. Shit like that is gravy.

As Section said in his above post, it's defo linked to how mental people are these days in that some people view a relationship as something you have to show off at all times these days, like it's a new phone or a car or whatever. I could probably articulate my point a bit better or be more tactful, but, frankly, I can't be arsed because it's Friday and it's been a long day.

Hard to believe that sometimes good things happen to good people.

Indeed, I remember questioning if it was my standards that were too high. Nope, just that there are few genuinely decent people around. The thing is, places like the GF are incredibly one sided and do not represent the population as a whole. It meant getting over the heart break of The Bitch wanting to go traveling even harder. Where the hell is he these days?

• Upvote 1