You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

Yeah, I don't imagine all employers look down on it, but some see it as a lack of commitment and an inability to last the distance.

I had a date with a HR consultant once.  Tried getting her pissed so I could shag her, but she got wise and declined my offer of a "lift home".  Had a voice like she was using a pneumatic drill.  Mildly irritating.

I didn't get a suck treat.

Anyway, I digress.

She said that HR people like a high turnover of staff.  New people come in with new ideas and are motivated.  People that have been in a job too long are plodders and their skills would have regressed.

Someone leaving after a decent period looked more like sour grapes than a wish to progress.

I did it before I met the wife, I was 35 she was 24. My favourite faux pas was suggesting we stay in and watch a video, apparently they are called DVDs now. Oh, and make sure you retune the radio in your car, R2 and R4 are a no-no.

It's still OK to take them to the pictures though isn't it?

I specifically had all the other radio stations removed so I couldn't tune into them accidentally. It's radio 2 and radio 4 and nothing else until I get digital in the car and can have 6 music on. 

I specifically had all the other radio stations removed to I couldn't tune into them accidentally.

Pictures is fine, although they don't have an intermission and that women playing the organ has gone.

One major positive is that your capacity for drink and drugs will be massively greater than hers.

• Upvote 3

Pictures is fine, although they don't have an intermission and that women playing the organ has gone.

One major positive is that your capacity for drink and drugs will be massively greater than hers.

I found that last year, I was going out from work with one of the lasses on our team. I was turning in for work the next day and she wasn't resurfacing until the afternoon. I thought I was a lightweight these days but the early twenties lot don't seem to be able to keep pace with it. 

• Upvote 1

As long as it's in colour.

I tried it on with a girl on pof once purely because she said she liked the Tyneside Cinema and I figured she'd be happy going to see old black and white films there. 

Got to see Casablanca and a couple of others before she realised I was a total cock. 

• Upvote 1

I tried it on with a girl on pof once purely because she said she liked the Tyneside Cinema and I figured she'd be happy going to see old black and white films there. 

Got to see Casablanca and a couple of others before she realised I was a total cock.

You'll be ok mate as long as you don't ask for a concession with your bus pass.

You'll be ok mate as long as you don't ask for a concession with your bus pass.

Fucking hell I'm not stringy, I've a long way to go before I get the bus pass and with the abuse my bodies had I'm far from convinced I'll last that long. 

I was going to go for the pink BMW as mode of transport, how can they not be impressed. 

I am 47.

The woman (cannot call them girls, or birds, or even bitches) I have seen a couple of times is four years older.

I was going through some texts, as she sent me a pic, and no it is not filthy, it is very Canadiana, it is a pic of her with a Xmas tree she chopped down. Which is basically better than a tit picture.

Twice I have used lol. And shortened have to hv.

Seriously worried.

• Upvote 2

I am 47.

The woman (cannot call them girls, or birds, or even bitches) I have seen a couple of times is four years older.

I was going through some texts, as she sent me a pic, and no it is not filthy, it is very Canadiana, it is a pic of her with a Xmas tree she chopped down. Which is basically better than a tit picture.

Twice I have used lol. And shortened have to hv.

Seriously worried.

I assume this is much the same as me finding a woman who can rebuild a gearbox and knows how to weld but doesn't look more manly than I do. 

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell I'm not stringy, I've a long way to go before I get the bus pass and with the abuse my bodies had I'm far from convinced I'll last that long. 

I was going to go for the pink BMW as mode of transport, how can they not be impressed.

Ha ha the BMW sounds the part but when you pull outside the Odean they'll throw the red carpet down.

I assume this is much the same as me finding a woman who can rebuild a gearbox and knows how to weld but doesn't look more manly than I do.

Yes. She may be a keeper. Took her to a hockey game. She put lip gloss on just in case we ended up on the kiss cam ( a North American phenomenon where in between play a couple are shown on the scoreboard screen and are expected to kiss).

It was cold and windy and on the walk back to the car park and we held gloved hands.

So basically, under Canadian law, we are engaged.

• Upvote 2

Yes. She may be a keeper. Took her to a hockey game. She put lip gloss on just in case we ended up on the kiss cam ( a North American phenomenon where in between play a couple are shown on the scoreboard screen and are expected to kiss).

It was cold and windy and on the walk back to the car park and we held gloved hands.

So basically, under Canadian law, we are engaged.

Check Ancestry.com to make sure you are related. 3rd cousins or less are ideal.

I specifically had all the other radio stations removed so I couldn't tune into them accidentally. It's radio 2 and radio 4 and nothing else until I get digital in the car and can have 6 music on.

Pictures?? You take your kids to the pictures or you take your wife. You take a 21 yr old down the pub, get her ratted, get her back home and then get tucked in. Next you'll be telling us you've got tickets to Tinkerbell and the Neverbeast.