You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

[YOUTUBE]P4JRFnOA5Us[/YOUTUBE]

He's not really what i expected having seen photos of him, where he looked like the Indian dude from 'one flew over the cookoos nest', but he actually looks quite mobile. I'm all for more Uruguyauns in the side too.

This.

Another uruguayan would also help Suarez a bit too I'm sure and would also be a good way of keeping Suarez head from being turned.

I can't say that I'm over the moon with it, but the thought of getting Tex, as he shall now be known, and Krasic on loan fills me with a little bit of hope. Not really sure why, it's not like they're amazing. Still... onward and upward.

Is it looking positive that we are getting Krasic. He looked a great player for CSKA although from what I have read, he has only played once for Juve in the past month or two. Would add natural width to our side which I would be happy with.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is it looking positive that we are getting Krasic. He looked a great player for CSKA although from what I have read, he has only played once for Juve in the past month or two. Would add natural width to our side which I would be happy with.

I'm not mad on the player, despite his good spells, but he'd represent quite a significant improvement over what we already have. So fuck it, get him in.

I really liked the look of that Jackson 'Thriller' Martinez in his Youtube video, I was hoping more footage would come out if he was a realistic prospect. Looks like that's not happening.

I'm not mad on the player, despite his good spells, but he'd represent quite a significant improvement over what we already have. So fuck it, get him in.

I really liked the look of that Jackson 'Thriller' Martinez in his Youtube video, I was hoping more footage would come out if he was a realistic prospect. Looks like that's not happening.

please no.

club brugge signed carlos bacca from junior for 1.5 million dollars.

he has looked a much better player from what i have seen.

the times ive watched jackson martinez play he´s finished terribly and been falling over all the time, would fit in really well up top here actually...

Eden Hazard: "With all respect to Chelsea, I'd rather join a club with history such as Liverpool or Arsenal."

Pleeeeeeeeeease.

It's good that Joe Cole is over there, means we've got a dialogue with them. Hopefully the conversations have already started.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Pleeeeeeeeeease.

It's good that Joe Cole is over there, means we've got a dialogue with them. Hopefully the conversations have already started.

Yeah, I'm sure Cole is talking up Liverpool over Chelsea. Not.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What position does he normally play for Lille?

Its not Downing's is it?

Well, he doesn't start on the bench, if that's what you mean.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

From the echo.

WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC’s interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more.

The Reds’ principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

“There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it’s brilliant,” Werner recalled.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing’s arrival remained.

Read More Stewart Downing will be a star for Liverpool FC, says Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

From the echo.

WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC’s interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more.

The Reds’ principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

“There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it’s brilliant,” Werner recalled.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing’s arrival remained.

Read More Stewart Downing will be a star for Liverpool FC, says Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

These trash cans, they currently without a club?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
why are the echo causing shit by writing that story?

we nor downing need it at the mo

more ammo for the mongs

They're direct quotes about a £20m signing from the owners of the football club. The story wrote itself. They didn't mention how utterly average Downing has been since his move. If anything, they did their best to hide it.

In August 2011, he was transferred to FC Groningen. He made his Eredivisie debut on 11 September 2011 against SC Heerenveen and scored his first goal with the new club against AZ in the 2010–11 KNVB Cup. In january 2012 he moved to Liverpool FC for a Dutch record fee of £28.5 million.

from wiki.

i nearly pissed meself when i read the last part