You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm on a wind up because this is a stupid conversation.

Rafa Benitez was perfect in every single way.

Obvz

I hope your dog lives a long, happy life. It will probably be about 15 years.

Was that blog you wrote about hodgson a wind up? Genuine question.

No it wasn't. I obviously think Hodgson is a tit, but I supported him I know a few people had a slight 'feel good factor' with him and I felt the same. I never in a million years thought it'd end as bad as it did.

I was completely utterly fucking wrong on Hodgson and I hold my hands up.

Funny how people have bitten.

Benitez is sound(ish)

Hodgson was just a senile lunatic who shouldn't have got the job.

No it wasn't. I obviously think Hodgson is a tit, but I supported him I know a few people had a slight 'feel good factor' with him and I felt the same. I never in a million years thought it'd end as bad as it did.

I was completely utterly fucking wrong on Hodgson and I hold my hands up.

Funny how people have bitten.

Benitez is sound(ish)

Hodgson was just a senile lunatic who shouldn't have got the job.

In that case mate, you're gonna have to understand that people are going to find it difficult to take anything you say seriously, and in particular anything you say on the subject of benitez given your track record of being spectacularly wrong.

In that case mate, you're gonna have to understand that people are going to find it difficult to take anything you say seriously, and in particular anything you say on the subject of benitez given your track record of being spectacularly wrong.

Not that bothered to be honest. It's not about rep, right or wrong. It's about discussion.

This one has been going on for years, I've stopped taking myself that seriously because it's something no one is going to move from their positions.

I just want to see Liverpool win, forums are just please for discussion.

Not that bothered to be honest. It's not about rep, right or wrong. It's about discussion.

This one has been going on for years, I've stopped taking myself that seriously because it's something no one is going to move from their positions.

I just want to see Liverpool win, forums are just please for discussion.

So why bother posting in benitez threads the same inane comments and then expecting people to 'discuss' them with you?

So why bother posting in benitez threads the same inane comments and then expecting people to 'discuss' them with you?

Because it's been fucking done to death and people are getting their fannies in a twist over a few comments.

Tell me. One fucking thing different about this thread compared to the other Benitez threads?

Because it's been fucking done to death and people are getting their fannies in a twist over a few comments.

Tell me. One fucking thing different about this thread compared to the other Benitez threads?

Have you ever thought about why they end up this way? Its because people like you can't let it lie.

No shit sherlock. It was a thread about a rafa article in 442 and the you and the rest wade in with the usual, hes a snide/sold our best player/is evil bollocks. The thread was never about any of the shit you've posted in here. Thats the point.

Lad, you trying to silence me? Modern day Col Gadaffi?

Have you ever thought about why they end up this way? Its because people like you can't let it lie.

Have you ever thought of the so called other side who won't let it lie either though? Two sides etc etc. As I said when people are justifying everything he did an making excuses for everything he did even signing Degen was excused by some that is as tiresome as the so called "basher" side. But that "side" are the only ones ever accused of having an agenda. Notice moof you only accuse one so called side of having this agenda which makes a mockery of your so called sit on the fence persona on here.

I'm sure a bit of a hatchet job on Carragher and his so called detrimental effect to the team for instance by some guy on the pro Rafa (let's face it) Anfield Wrap podcast recently wasn't agenda driven. As I say, two "sides" can't let it lie. If people want to include me in that like moof then so be it. I have given Rafa plenty of credit on here numerous times in the past but I'm happy he was sacked as well. No agenda there at all. I don't blog, I don't do podcasts I just post on an internet forum like we all do. There is no "agenda" do be had by anybody on here. Just differences of opinion on an ex-manager.

That Anfield Wrap podcast is pretty good, listened to two of them so far and it's been decent background listening.

Not saying it isn't mate and it is pretty good overall on the couple I've heard (not a patch on TLW like) but some guy called Phil something who's name escapes me now was scathing of Carra making some smart arse remark about him and I've read his views before on Rafa. Very Pro Rafa which just makes you wonder about his views on Carra and if they're tainted because of the Rafa/Carra "divide". That's what it's like these days though sadly. Just something makes me think it's beyond his role in the team at present. Would anyone be surprised? Really?

look whos back to defend his hero

Some cheeky scamp on my ignore list must have left that comment, i bet it was Codey.

It's weird how people try to pigeon hole others and create polar opposites to themselves. I wonder what they'd do without the internet.

Do people beyond the age of 10 really have heroes? Some really like to have a villain in their life. It's weird.

I guess the closest thing to a hero for me would be Bob Dylan but even typing that seems strange.

Anyway, this song is for my negger -

[YOUTUBE]lQ5MKWBJtzk[/YOUTUBE]

Guest ShoePiss
Not saying it isn't mate and it is pretty good overall on the couple I've heard (not a patch on TLW like) but some guy called Phil something who's name escapes me now was scathing of Carra making some smart arse remark about him and I've read his views before on Rafa. Very Pro Rafa which just makes you wonder about his views on Carra and if they're tainted because of the Rafa/Carra "divide". That's what it's like these days though sadly. Just something makes me think it's beyond his role in the team at present. Would anyone be surprised? Really?

I don't think I've listened to that one, some good conversations but I do wonder if the host has a bit of a amphetamine habit though. Talks like a machine gun, thought there was something wrong with the podcast until someone else spoke. That said, he's pretty good at it.

I don't get this Rafa/Carra divide, I know it exists but for the most part people who liked Rafa like Carra too. I think Rafa was a great manager for us and Carra is a legend. Rafa is just another ex-manager now, one that I still believe shouldn't have been sacked. I don't have the inclination to stick up for him when I see something I disagree with though, old news.

Kenny's my boyhood hero and him coming back supersedes anything else before it. He's always been the one person in football I know I can always look up to and respect. Doesn't even matter how this stint goes, he's Kenny.

Guest ShoePiss
Some cheeky scamp on my ignore list must have left that comment, i bet it was Codey.

It's weird how people try to pigeon hole others and create polar opposites to themselves. I wonder what they'd do without the internet.

Do people beyond the age of 10 really have heroes? Some really like to have a villain in their life. It's weird.

I guess the closest thing to a hero for me would be Bob Dylan but even typing that seems strange.

Anyway, this song is for my negger -

[YOUTUBE]lQ5MKWBJtzk[/YOUTUBE]

Ha! Funny that because that's what Kenny is to me, always has been. Oh and I'm 36.

I don't think I've listened to that one, some good conversations but I do wonder if the host has a bit of a amphetamine habit though. Talks like a machine gun, thought there was something wrong with the podcast until someone else spoke. That said, he's pretty good at it.

I don't get this Rafa/Carra divide, I know it exists but for the most part people who liked Rafa like Carra too. I think Rafa was a great manager for us and Carra is a legend. Rafa is just another ex-manager now, one that I still believe shouldn't have been sacked. I don't have the inclination to stick up for him when I see something I disagree with though, old news.

Kenny's my boyhood hero and him coming back supersedes anything else before it. He's always been the one person in football I know I can always look up to and respect. Doesn't even matter how this stint goes, he's Kenny.

That's your opinion and I respect that and even agree with a lot of it apart from Rafa being sacked. Despite his successor not being up to the task, people can do the I told you so thing if they want but look at it this way. You make a great point about the King being back as Liverpool manager. One that will be unanimously agreed with by all fans but do you honestly think if Rafa hadn't have been sacked that summer Dalglish would be in charge now?

Ha! Funny that because that's what Kenny is to me, always has been. Oh and I'm 36.

Yeah, Kenny's the Roy of the Rovers type with his number 7 shirt scoring at Stamford Bridge to win us the league or scoring the winner in a European Cup final, that's the stuff of heroes, someone with that bit of magic about them, that's cool, i get that.

I heard someone in the pub last week saying 'oh, Jay Z, he's a hero to me.'

I guess it's another word that's lost all meaning, like genius.

Dylan is a genius, i'll call him that happily but i'd feel a cunt calling him my hero, you know what i mean?

Ah well, i'm just rambling now.

Obviously yanno, the managers position at Liverpool has been seen as sacred since Shankly forged that link between himself and the supporters, something pretty unique, you could say.

It offended me to see that position undermined and that link being eroded by men in suits, whether you hated or loved the then incumbent, believed he had only selfish intentions, whatever, ultimately the managers position at LFC was being made a laughing stock by those running the club. Broughton had to do what he felt best and if that meant placating dwarfs on a power trip, then so be it to ensure a smoother sale process but to say it was a good thing that a manager of this club lost his job the way he did because now we have Kenny back, is taking a bit of a leap, if you ask me.

Unfortunate circumstances made all the more unfortunate by the appointment of Hodgson. We've been very, very lucky to have someone like Dalglish to step in at a time of crisis and with that, i'm happy to move on with the hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Will Kenny face unnecessary criticism from those who supported Benitez/Hodgson and now have a point to prove? I'd say he already has but he'll be OK in the long run. Gonna be tricky for the manager after him though.