You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

10 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Did a stadium tour yesterday. The new ARE is gonna be a brilliant upgrade. But I was told it was behind schedule and the club has mooted reversing the Bournemouth fixture. 

I wish they'd hurry up and make their minds up. I'm likely to be going away on business the week after and wouldn't mind getting out the weekend before, but i don't want to miss the opening game. 

14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Never looks like there is much progressing/happening on these weekly update videos. 

You would have thought there would be an army of people working day and night

Most of the outside stuff is done now. I don't think the seats are a big deal. It's the insides where there could well be an army. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Most of the outside stuff is done now. I don't think the seats are a big deal. It's the insides where there could well be an army. 

The seats could be completed within two days. 

The contractor will have big penalties if they overrun and I bet they’re paying overtime out their arse to get the concourses, hospitality and food/beverage outlets sorted. 

15 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wish they'd hurry up and make their minds up. I'm likely to be going away on business the week after and wouldn't mind getting out the weekend before, but i don't want to miss the opening game. 

Feel like it was always a pipe dream the stadium would be fully open by August.

Just need to check in on the “ Have a rant “ thread to know that the building game is full of delays and bullshit.

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Feel like it was always a pipe dream the stadium would be fully open by August.

Just need to check in on the “ Have a rant “ thread to know that the building game is full of delays and bullshit.

Mate, no need to tell me. I've been having a kitchen extension done for what seems like 100 years! 

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

They have a whole section of terracing to put in yet - bit in corner by main stand...

Yeah, but surely they can open without that. But as I mentioned a few times, there's not even any suggestion of when there'll be a test day. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mate, no need to tell me. I've been having a kitchen extension done for what seems like 100 years! 

Yeah, but surely they can open without that. But as I mentioned a few times, there's not even any suggestion of when there'll be a test day. 

Don't know if they can - suppose section immediately next to it would need to be left empty too for H&S reasons and that is then most of what is the away - so the away would need to be moved more to middle - which in turn creates other challenges....

Not sure of all ins and outs, like how many seasies would be involved and have to be moved etc....

My guess is we'll want to get the game on as scheduled - we won't want a load of aways/even falling a game behind by it being postponed - but it will be with a reduced capacity/with sections simply not open.

Test events don't have to be anything high profile so sure once they are ready for that step, they'll move swiftly enough on that side.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Don't know if they can - suppose section immediately next to it would need to be left empty too for H&S reasons and that is then most of what is the away - so the away would need to be moved more to middle - which in turn creates other challenges....

Not sure of all ins and outs, like how many seasies would be involved and have to be moved etc....

My guess is we'll want to get the game on as scheduled - we won't want a load of aways/even falling a game behind by it being postponed - but it will be with a reduced capacity/with sections simply not open.

Test events don't have to be anything high profile so sure once they are ready for that step, they'll move swiftly enough on that side.

The test event though they need people. Last time it was announced about a month in advance and to make sure you went they were giving away free beer and they have to have something like 75% capacity (which is a lot of people for a none event). The fact they're not trying to do tickets for it yet and they've delayed the ticket sales because of it, suggests they've no clue what seats will be able to be accessed and when. And I'm sure it's not just one event, it's 2 or 3. 

22 hours ago, an tha said:

Just what a team who have had an absymal away record needs - a load of away games at the start of the season!

Nah. We've already got a new midfield and a forward line that isn't destroyed by injuries.  There's no reason why our start away from home can't look like the early away results of the seasons before the last one.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

The test event though they need people. Last time it was announced about a month in advance and to make sure you went they were giving away free beer and they have to have something like 75% capacity (which is a lot of people for a none event). The fact they're not trying to do tickets for it yet and they've delayed the ticket sales because of it, suggests they've no clue what seats will be able to be accessed and when. And I'm sure it's not just one event, it's 2 or 3. 

They should just put up a notice around town and that saying "national booing championships held at anfield"....they'll be overwhelmed by the 900,000 evertonians who live in the city clamouring for tickets 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nah. We've already got a new midfield and a forward line that isn't destroyed by injuries.  There's no reason why our start away from home can't look like the early away results of the seasons before the last one.

I do hope so. The travel sickness last season killed our season.

I'm told that the weather has not helped in recent weeks and that the whole project is as far behind schedule as it was earlier this year. 

There isn't a cat in hells chance that we will be playing in it in under a month. As said, it needs to pass safety checks and get a certificate and you can't do that on what is very much a building site rather than a safe, completed stand.

It should, and always should have been a September opening,  but for when in September is still very much open to question. 

I expect the Villa game to be gone too, the first European game would have to be away but with luck, a lot of work and a nicer August, it would be ready for West Ham on the 24th.

Failing that, then it's the Blues in October and we'd have to play a second European game away and would have to forfeit any home draw in the League Cup.

3 hours ago, Fugitive said:

If it is behind schedule is it the clubs fault? I don’t think we can hold this one against FSG. 

Well aside from I don't think the company they awarded it to was very experienced in this type of thing. They'd done the amex I think, but obviously that's a greenfield build. After that they've done nothing major, so this type of on/off build you have at a running stadium has not been something they've dealt with at this scale. 

I dunno who the contractor was on the main stand and why we didn't/couldn't use them. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well aside from I don't think the company they awarded it to was very experienced in this type of thing. They'd done the amex I think, but obviously that's a greenfield build. After that they've done nothing major, so this type of on/off build you have at a running stadium has not been something they've dealt with at this scale. 

I dunno who the contractor was on the main stand and why we didn't/couldn't use them. 

Jesus Christ, you tried. 

• Haha 1