Quantcast
Rise of the far right in Europe. - Page 55 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Recommended Posts

I think I'll come on a LFC forum, never talk about anything football related, go straight to threads supporting the far right and Israeli terrorism. Yes, yes that's what I'll do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Boss said:

 

So, was punching Richard Spencer violence?

It was fucking hilarious. 

 

When some blert's entire philosophy is "Might is Right" sometimes it's funny as fuck to put them right on their arse and watch them reevaluate their life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boss said:

Can't have it both ways. If you condone violence against politicians, then you can't cry when Corbyn gets attacked, or if McDonnell gets punched campaigning around London. Logically that's fair game then, isn't it?

 

Sorry this is longer than I planned mainly due to various types of egging.

 

If Corbyn, Farage, Robinson or McDonnell, etc, etc, get punched I think that's equally stupid and disagree.

 

If any of them get egged* or milkshake thrown at them I might think it's a bit retarded and not see what it's really achieving, but am fine with it.

 

* If someone's going to slam their hand into anyone's head as they egg them to the point that you can see the impact heavily in footage then I don't agree with that. The video of Jezza in the mosque seemed violent to me, the way the aussie right wing guy was egged was about the limit of what I'd class as ok. The kid did slap it on his head I think, but it appeared mainly just to make sure the egg broke. The way the guy in the mosque did it seemed over the top, as you can see from the footage it showed way more force than needed to break an egg.

 

I guess there's a grey area though, because you could do the amount of force needed to break an egg that'd be ok on the top of their head but could look way out of hand if it was say, slapped into their face. (And if it causes them real problems with their vision or gets eggshell in their eyes or something then yeah I'd say that was violence too.) I guess that's something for the authorities to decide, if people just egged them on their clothes mostly it'd solve the problem, but the Aussie kid was still awesome the way he did it I think, and if someone did the exact same to Jezza as he was speaking in front of a camera I'd probably have a good laugh at that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Sorry this is longer than I planned mainly due to various types of egging.

 

If Corbyn, Farage, Robinson or McDonnell, etc, etc, get punched I think that's equally stupid and disagree.

 

If any of them get egged* or milkshake thrown at them I might think it's a bit retarded and not see what it's really achieving, but am fine with it.

 

* If someone's going to slam their hand into anyone's head as they egg them to the point that you can see the impact heavily in footage then I don't agree with that. The video of Jezza in the mosque seemed violent to me, the way the aussie right wing guy was egged was about the limit of what I'd class as ok. The kid did slap it on his head I think, but it appeared mainly just to make sure the egg broke. The way the guy in the mosque did it seemed over the top, as you can see from the footage it showed way more force than needed to break an egg.

 

I guess there's a grey area though, because you could do the amount of force needed to break an egg that'd be ok on the top of their head but could look way out of hand if it was say, slapped into their face. (And if it causes them real problems with their vision or gets eggshell in their eyes or something then yeah I'd say that was violence too.) I guess that's something for the authorities to decide, if people just egged them on their clothes mostly it'd solve the problem, but the Aussie kid was still awesome the way he did it I think, and if someone did the exact same to Jezza as he was speaking in front of a camera I'd probably have a good laugh at that too.

I doubt Rico agrees. I think you could drop a bomb on someone and, if you tape an egg to the bomb first, he would just count it as an egging.

 

The bit about being in front of a camera might be a significant bit of context. I recently saw someone defending the Richard Spencer punch on the grounds that it interrupted a Nazi and (in that one instance, at least) prevented him from presenting dangerous Nazi propaganda as acceptable political discourse. Extreme deplatforming.

 

I'm not sure whether I agree, but it's certainly worth thinking about - and even worth starting a thread on the broader issue of violence more generally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I think I'll come on a LFC forum, never talk about anything football related, go straight to threads supporting the far right and Israeli terrorism. Yes, yes that's what I'll do. 

He's fuckin shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I doubt Rico agrees. I think you could drop a bomb on someone and, if you tape an egg to the bomb first, he would just count it as an egging.

 

The bit about being in front of a camera might be a significant bit of context. I recently saw someone defending the Richard Spencer punch on the grounds that it interrupted a Nazi and (in that one instance, at least) prevented him from presenting dangerous Nazi propaganda as acceptable political discourse. Extreme deplatforming.

 

I'm not sure whether I agree, but it's certainly worth thinking about - and even worth starting a thread on the broader issue of violence more generally. 

I can see why people are ok with it (punching Nazis, etc.) because of the state of their views and the history of fascists, just think it risks creating the situation where they'll feel more justified doing the same themselves in the future though. My own preference would be that mainstream media scum stop repeatedly giving them a platform (it's just a deliberate tactic of theirs now I think because they're so scared of people like Corbyn reversing so much of their self serving bullshit if elected) and awareness is raised about the consequences of them gaining more support.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

tumblr_owip7nhlt11uw7ihbo4_400.gif?fit=3

Disgusting. That could be an albino Hindu, going about his daily life and wearing a swastika for prosperity and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Disgusting. That could be an albino Hindu, going about his daily life and wearing a swastika for prosperity and good luck.

It could be. But then the swastika would be in a different position. So I’m going to have to go with him being a Nazi.

 

Unless he’s a Nazi albino Hindu going about his daily life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some stuff in the rags today about a video of Wayne Rooney supposed to be embarrassed by a video of his brother with tommy Robinson. Suppose it’s about time he got revenge for all the times he’s been embarrassed. Drunk driving a car with a prostitute while away from your pregnant wife, springs to mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2019 at 08:13, AngryofTuebrook said:

Remember Britain First?

 

Apparently the rumours were true and Paul Golding used to knock Jayda Fransen around. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-48440464

 

And I always thought that they were such a lovely couple. 

I’m surprised it wasn’t the other way round. She looks like fucking Vigo the Carpathian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×