You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EuroMillions £161m win claimed by Scottish couple

Teflon Don

How many SNP MPs in England or Wales?

Its a UK election isnt it rather than a scottish or welsh one?

I dont think I've ever agreed with anything Strontium Dog has posted before but the man is right and you said it yourself, Scotland has its own elected parliament...that voted to end prescription charges, to provide free personal care, have yet to impose university tuition fees, etc

I dont think I've ever agreed with anything Strontium Dog has posted before but the man is right and you said it yourself, Scotland has its own elected parliament...that voted to end prescription charges, to provide free personal care, have yet to impose university tuition fees, etc

And they are contributing to the party whose watch that has been achieved on so I cant really blame them.

I dont really regard the SNP as a major party other than scotland so I wouldnt say they were one of the mainstream parties in the big scheme of things.

They have got their own parliament but I believe they are ultimately governed by the London mob.

The latest Euromillions news.

Looks like Colin and Christine are quite happy to reap the lifestyle of wealthy beneficiary's.

Can't get my head around him saying it wasn't politically motivated. I can't see how you can give money to a political party with no political motivation.

Edited by Redking
Fail at forumtags

• 2 years later...

A mate of mine from school, his dad won the euromillions a few years back, 40 odd million I think it was, he's now Chairmen or President of Newport County.

Anyway the prick's called Les Scadding, he had three kids from a previous marriage and told none of them of his win despite them all staying it touch with him when he left their mum. The 3 of them were all living in rented houses, couldn't afford a mortgage and Danny found out his ol fella had won it by seeing him on the fucking telly.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-man-sees-dad-celebrating-Euro-lottery-win-TV/story-11311960-detail/story.html

Winning that amount of money

How?

Don't be a twat an advertise it, you can look after your family, make massive donations to your favourite charities, start one up yourself if you feel the need, never have to work again, no financial pressures...

What's the down side apart from anything self inflicted?

Winning that amount of money

No. It would be incredible. The amount of good you could do with that sort of money. None of my close mates would have to work ever again if they didn't want to, although I'd imagine a few still would. The charity projects, the travelling, being able to pay for anything health related anyone in my family or friends ever needed, bettering my local town...fuck... it would be simply amazing. I genuinely would have very little interest in buying "stuff", or surrounding myself with absolute fucking wankers.

I'd start a fucking revolution.

• Upvote 2

No. It would be incredible. The amount of good you could do with that sort of money. None of my close mates would have to work ever again if they didn't want to, although I'd imagine a few still would. The charity projects, the travelling, being able to pay for anything health related anyone in my family or friends ever needed, bettering my local town...fuck... it would be simply amazing. I genuinely would have very little interest in buying "stuff", or surrounding myself with absolute fucking wankers.

I'd start a fucking revolution.

Set up a political party.

Maybe I'm just not as nice as you. I'm looking for more leisure and less work!

Now, a small windfall to pay off my credit card, replace the cars, replace my kitchen, put up some decent fencing in the garden....that would be a different matter

Now, a small windfall to pay off my credit card, replace the cars, replace my kitchen, put up some decent fencing in the garden....that would be a different matter

I can assure you that quite a lot of people would not have this view if I had £100m.

My local Tory MP, for example, would not like me.

And you couldn't achieve that with £100m?

That deserves going in the world of a woman thread!

And you couldn't achieve that with £100m?

That deserves going in the world of a woman thread!

What, you dont see the amount of work (and stress) involved in all the things Jairzy was describing?

I reckon a million would be quite adequate. I'm not high maintenance

And its got me thinking about people saying they'd sort their family out...well, my folks and my brother could buy and sell me and my sister has no interest in material things. Its me that needs the help! (I caught myself before I typed 'sorting out', Jairzy)