You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We won't finish in the Top 4

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you change the thread title now if you could Silver?

As we could feasibly come top four!

We have a lesser chance of finishing in the top 4 now than in July.

Though at that time no one expected Chelsea to be so bad or Spurs to be so good.

We can only judge this thread at the end of the season. Though if we do get into the top 4 and have a decent run, it is more than we could ask for. (6)

Guest ShoePiss
The Zig/NV argument was like a vortex. Enter at your peril. Once you are in the vortex three is no going back.

Vortex.

[YOUTUBE]6HLX2weZfkA[/YOUTUBE]

Guest ShoePiss

I predicted we'd finish 4th and that it would be a success according to those two links. Since the owners decided they didn't want to spend any of their own money in January I'm nowhere near as confident we'll do that as I was then.

I predicted we'd finish 4th and that it would be a success according to those two links. Since the owners decided they didn't want to spend any of their own money in January I'm nowhere near as confident we'll do that as I was then.

Sort of think the same.

Although I do think January is a hard market to make moves in, I'll give them that.

I think we just don't have enough goals in us to make 4th now, and its something that in an ideal world we should have tried to help in the January window. But such is life, theres always next year, footballs a funny game etc... etc...

Guest ShoePiss
Is that The Adventure Game?

That fucked with my head as a child

Yeah I barely remember it, when TK said the vortex it got me thinking so I turned to youtube. It scared me come to think of it, I must have been about 5.

Yeah I barely remember it, when TK said the vortex it got me thinking so I turned to youtube. It scared me come to think of it, I must have been about 5.

I was probably a bit older, but no less mystified and vaguely frightened

There was a talking plant and a bloke with an ear trumpet. It made fuck all sense and was a proto Crystal Maze

There's a chance to make the top 4, but the trends we have had this season has to change. There's two things that is against us to make the top four and if those 2 things dont change, then i just cant see it.

1. Home form. 4 league wins so far is poor. in general its easier to get home at points than away, I expect all four teams fighting for CL to drop more points away from home now to the end of the season. So far we been the best away team of those 4 with 6 wins out of 12 and 5 losses. So that says the best of us is averaging 1 in 2 away wins and even this I expect to drop as away games are just harder in the PL. So unless there's drastic changes in the home form, then we wont make the CL.

2. Goals. With only 28 goals in 24 league games is really poor return. Thats below teams like Blackburn, Fulham, Villa, Norwich, Sunderland and equal to Bolton. Yes you could say well look at our defence, but Liverpool will come up against more team who are happy with 0-0 now to the end of the season, so if the attack wont step up big time, then there's problems. After 24 league games. Liverpool as whole has scored 6 goals more than Van Persie alone, thats frightening stat that cant be spin in any way

Really there is no way we have a chance of finishing top 4. There is nothing to suggest our league form is going to improve dramatically and we brought no players in during the January window to solve our main problem with lack of goals. Take our performance in the cup competitions away and we are so average it is not even funny.

So are you saying we need to score moar goals?

Im saying Newcastle, Chelsea and Arsenal all have better attack than us, which makes it very unlikely to finish fourth. We are not talking about one team who may collapse, we need all three to collapse and chances are one of them will go on a run. Nothing i seen suggest we will go on a run. have we won 3 league in row any stage of this season?

Really there is no way we have a chance of finishing top 4. There is nothing to suggest our league form is going to improve dramatically and we brought no players in during the January window to solve our main problem with lack of goals. Take our performance in the cup competitions away and we are so average it is not even funny.

Nothing to suggest?

What about our strong finish last season?

You will all look very silly when we finish in the top 4.