You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We won't finish in the Top 4

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still possible, at least if Kenny picks the right team. Hopefully that means no Henderson or Downing for the rest of the season. Our rivals for 4th all have tough away games today, so it's not all doom and gloom. I'm more disappointed by today's performance than the result actually. Expected us to lose (especially after seeing the lineup), but was shocked by the way it happened.

Got to say I don't think the Suarez case has helped us with the quest for top 4. Regardless of the fact we missed him and lost points because we didn't have him in the starting XI, the pressure it put on Dalglish every game with the press conferences and questions was immense. He looked a bit rattled today after the game, which is a worry, as he's usually so composed in interviews.

We pick teams like we don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Until we man up and go for the jugular this side will continue to fanny about and go through the motions. Our midfield is embarrassingly bad and I swear I'll be dead before I see Liverpool buy genuine quality out wide, it's like all our manager have had a spell on them saying fuck the obvious.

I was probably a bit older, but no less mystified and vaguely frightened

There was a talking plant and a bloke with an ear trumpet. It made fuck all sense and was a proto Crystal Maze

It was mental, proper scary. That vortex clip is superb, thanks Shoepiss.

It's obvious really.

We don't have the players or finances to compete.

It's a depressing situation, but I think it's a likely scenario.

We haven't bought one player who will improve the squad. We've missed out on about four or five targets so far. At least.

We won't be getting any "dream signing" like Aguero, Martinez, Moutinho, Sanchez, Banega or whoever.

We've got rid of some awful owners for some (apprently) better ones, but what the fuck has changed?

Kenny replaced a hopelessly inappropriate nobody who everyone with any fucking brains at all knew would be a disaster. Big wow.

But apart from that?

Nothing. We won't be back in the CL next season.

We werent even in contention last year until Kenny came along.

I'm not giving up on it at all, we've just had two of the toughest games back to back. We've only picked up one point but luckily for us our rivals haven't exactly been consistent.

4th place will go to whomever out of Chelsea, Arsenal, us or Newcastle who can manage to string a run of games together.

Home at Arsenal is a must win but beyond that we've got a pretty decent run-in.