You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Copa America 2011 - Argentina

Einch

Not looking forward to this at all. Suarez and Lucas will defo be involved at least until the 20th of July and when you add in the usual post season international matches then they are not going to get a break until then at least. Maxi might be in the same boat as well.

No pre-season for them and they wont realistically be up and running until some time in late August at the earliest if all goes well.

When will the lads be joining up with their countries? They'll still get a few weeks break before that i'd imagine, and another week or two afterwards,then straight back into it with the club again. So sort of like an early, extended pre-season....

Not ideal obviously but Luis should be alright given he missed a large part of his season with suspension and looks fresh as a daisy. And Lucas we should be able to get by without for a game or two if needed.

Our Season finishes next week and Brazil have a game against Holland on the 4th June so there is no time between the seasons end and then for a break. Worse yet Argentina and Uruguay start their friendly games on the 25th May so no time at all for Maxi and Suarez. I expect all three teams to make it to the semi's since the tournament has them as the top 3 seeds and is structured to prevent them from meeting each other earlier unless they have a 'mare.

• 1 month later...

I reckon this will work in our favour. Suarez had an extended break during the winter with his biting ban and then the Dutch break and Lucas didn't go to the World Cup last summer (so isn't as in need of a long break like some). I think both will come back and be flying from day one, which can only be a good thing.

I reckon this will work in our favour. Suarez had an extended break during the winter with his biting ban and then the Dutch break and Lucas didn't go to the World Cup last summer (so isn't as in need of a long break like some). I think both will come back and be flying from day one, which can only be a good thing.

Plus we have no Euro competition. They are likely be fucked towards the end of the season though.

Looking forward to this. Loved watching Uruguay and Chile in the world cup, so will be checking on their games, as well as Argentina and Brazil. Might end up watching quite a lot of it anyway, and will probably put a few bets on. The style of football should be a lot better than the Euro tournament apart from Spain too.

Would also enjoy watching Mexico, but not as much this time seeing as they have a Manc striker. Saying that though, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico and Peru are all together in Group C so looking forward to those matches a lot.

Not looking forward to this at all. Suarez and Lucas will defo be involved at least until the 20th of July and when you add in the usual post season international matches then they are not going to get a break until then at least. Maxi might be in the same boat as well.

No pre-season for them and they wont realistically be up and running until some time in late August at the earliest if all goes well.

They've had time off and the first games aren't too far off when we are back for pre-season. Yeah they won't be with us which ain't great but it's hardly like they ain't had time away to relax.

I think it'll be more of an issue towards the end of the season unless we use the players correctly than it will be at the start. They should be in great shape by the time Sunderland arrive at Anfield.

looking forward to this, i have a sneaky feeling for uruguay who are looking in great shape but obviously argentina will have a good shout with a relatively easy group although hopefully colombia will have a good showing to set them up in good stead for when the qualifiers begin next year and they´ll have some new blood coming through.

then theres always brazil although if i see that mullet prancing about and bitching i will soon lose patience with them.