You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We’re the club with the most injury time winners in Premiership history and about half of those have come v The Ev. And we were denied a ridiculous one in October. 

And the one where Suarez scored under Rodgers and it was chalked off ridiculously. Same game he did this as I recall.

21C3B3BF-CB91-429B-86A0-B64824FAA051.gif

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

And the one where Suarez scored under Rodgers and it was chalked off ridiculously. Same game he did this as I recall.

21C3B3BF-CB91-429B-86A0-B64824FAA051.gif

Yes. I was celebrating in the stand and my mate was shouting “OFFSIDE OFFSIDE” as they counter attacked. 

David Moyes is such a prick. He is the epitome of The Ev in human form. They were literally perfect for each other, like Oscar Pretorious & Reeva Steenkamp, OJ Simpson & Nicole Simpson and Sid & Nancy.

The mad thing with Moyes is when i have heard him interviewed away from Everton about football in general he seems a decent guy, heard him interviewed in long form by Graham Hunter on a podcast, he did a few decent podcasts back then Gordon Strachan was another. But put in that environment and he just plays to the gallery and they lap it up while going nuts when Rafa said they acted like a small club or Klopp went nuts when Origi scored. 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The mad thing with Moyes is when i have heard him interviewed away from Everton about football in general he seems a decent guy, heard him interviewed in long form by Graham Hunter on a podcast, he did a few decent podcasts back then Gordon Strachan was another. But put in that environment and he just plays to the gallery and they lap it up while going nuts when Rafa said they acted like a small club or Klopp went nuts when Origi scored. 

My sister used to run a restaurant in Manchester where he would frequently visit. Being the manager and him being a VIP, she always had to take his order. She said the same, he was a really, really nice bloke, which didn’t say about many footballers. 

I can’t fucking stand him. His bitter & twisted face and general “Poor me” mentality just fucks me off. 

Considering his record against us, he should be a figure of fun (which he is to an extent) but he’s such a miserable acting and looking fucker, I just want to punch him. 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My sister used to run a restaurant in Manchester where he would frequently visit. Being the manager and him being a VIP, she always had to take his order. She said the same, he was a really, really nice bloke, which didn’t say about many footballers. 

I can’t fucking stand him. His bitter & twisted face and general “Poor me” mentality just fucks me off. 

Considering his record against us, he should be a figure of fun (which he is to an extent) but he’s such a miserable acting and looking fucker, I just want to punch him. 

Yeah i get that feeling. 

As i say he isn't the most inspiring guy around for a big club, and just played to the gallery at Everton. 

He really is the living embodiment of 'Once Everton touches you'

8 hours ago, Jockey said:

He left for far more pressure, a yearly need to win trophies and play attractive football and the did all that for less pay! 

In no circumstances is that a 'better' job - less money and more pressure, but he still prefers that to High Horse FC. Who will no doubt now revert to type and boo Eddie Howe out of the job in a year or so (the only reason they didn't boo Carlo was because they were not in the fucking ground). 

At least Carlo understands the thrill of playing in empty stadiums.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah i get that feeling. 

As i say he isn't the most inspiring guy around for a big club, and just played to the gallery at Everton. 

He really is the living embodiment of 'Once Everton touches you'

BGB definitely fed him that 'peoples club ' bollocks.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Does anyone else commemorate the date of the UEFA decision? I'm guessing that even the other teams who missed out acknowledge that that wasn't the real tragedy or "misjustice" of Heysel. 

The reason they commemorate it is because that's "the day the Ev stood still" and they haven't moved since.

What has made this even better is that this is the only time they are usually happy, when no premiership football is being played. All they have to look forward to is the closed season and winning the transfer window. 

Their defence of the transfer window has got off to a poor start. 

For as funny as this, and my god it’s funny, it could be a blessing in disguise for them. The only thing Ancelotti did for them was raise their profile. He was phoning the job in and buying really shit players, all whilst bleeding them dry. If they get somebody like Nuno or Bielsa in they will be much the better for it. Still funny as fuck like.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont even think him leaving will be that bad for them. They need to start long term planning build toward a future not fucking get a hard on when they win a few games.

They got Steve Walsh and Marcel Brands to unearth all these world class players and keep them ahead of everyone.

The stadium is a double edged sword. If they start to build it they will have a massive millstone round their neck for years.

The longer they keep playing at the Barn of Boo (good one Trumo), the less attractive they are because they only generate under 20m in matchday revenues. Plus the place is literally falling apart like the old Crosby Baths. 

21 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

I thought they love Madrid im guessing there will  be plenty 2nd hand tops for sale now

hahah this is true my daft Bluenose brother bought one when we played them as we planned to watch the game together when i found out i didn't bother going. I still love the idea of him sat there wearing his Real top and nobody there to see it.

4 hours ago, JoeBuck01 said:

I’d be a worried if Eddie Howe takes over. Any Manager that can take a Club from the bottom of the football league to the Prem in 5 years and keeps them there for 5 years on crowds of 10,000,  all the time playing attractive attacking football, is a little bit special.

he gets the most of nearly every player he works with which is why he had a core of 7/8 players from League 2 still in his Prem side, he has an eye for young talent ( we were linked with the likes of Lewis Cook, Danjama, Brooks, Lerma, Lloyd Kelly etc), and he’ll be around for the long term so can build something.

after 11 years, he eventually got burnt out as most Managers do, but he would be a smart gamble.

I agree mate, quite why they turn their nose up at him the way they do is baffling, he’d make a decent fist of it I reckon.