You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

It depends what you take from the Wire in terms of what you actually think of it or how you rate it. One one level it's a drama/cop show, but on another level it's a commentary and dissection of the complete destruction of modern America, from the working class, to school system to politics, I can't think of any other show that's done that. In terms of pure drama shows like The Shield pip it for me, but in terms of 'art' it's right up there with the best.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Just watched it now finally and Stannis had proper knocked me sick, I hope his and the Bolton clan all kill each other in the same battle, it's a win win, especially if Brienne and Sansa are looking on with satisfied smiles.

Just watched it now finally and Stannis had proper knocked me sick, I hope his and the Bolton clan all kill each other in the same battle, it's a win win, especially if Brienne and Sansa are looking on with satisfied smiles.

I never got the Stannis love. I always thought he must be a bit of a legend in the books or something.

My only gripe with last night's episode was the graphics/special effects when she flew off on the dragon. It was like a scene from the never ending story. Terrible.

There was also continuity errors during Jorah's fight scene. He had blood one min and nowt the next.

I'm never watching it again becaus of that.

• Upvote 3

The first thing you'd do if you were Jon is go charging in there saying "fuck me lads, you'll never guess the shit we've just seen!! Fucking scary looking bastards with weird eyes controlling an army of corpses. The fuckers jumped off a thousand foot high cliff, then dusted themselves off and charged at us, killing a shitload of these poor wildling bastards. Then, as we're sailing off, this white walker chap gives me the stink eye, and then raises his arms and all the wildlings came back to life as zombies. Damnedest thing I ever saw. We might in a spot of bother here like"

Instead he just walks in looking all moody and let's Alliser talk smack to him.

Haha funny 'cos it's true...

I really like GoT but it's declining if you ask me.

The Wire will always be my favourite.

Nothing comes close to The Wire. I think the fact it's a tragedy and doesn't have any wish fulfillment aspects turns people off. I lap up that stuff, though. Every episode has moments of stunning poignancy that I've never found in other shows. It's also the funniest show ever, in my opinion.

I wish Mace Tyrell would do something useful for once. Most pointless character in the series. Well, apart from those who just disappeared.

Isn't that sort of the point though? He's so shit that his mum has to sort out all his business. I reckon at some point he'll die and his son will become head of the second most powerful house in Westeros and shit will get real. 

<script language='javascript'> </script>

There was also continuity errors during Jorah's fight scene. He had blood one min and nowt the next.

I'm never watching it again becaus of that.

Ha - love it when the continuity police draw the line way too far into analville

The ships / wall thing is a good point though, where did they leave the ships? and what's to stop the dead getting on board and sailing round the wall thus negating one of their major weaknesses (hydrophonia) ,and avoiding a major obstacle (the wall)?

Poor military logistics by John Snow there, maybe Bianca from eastenders was right, maybe he really does know nothing?