You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Nothing comes close to The Wire. I think the fact it's a tragedy and doesn't have any wish fulfillment aspects turns people off. I lap up that stuff, though. Every episode has moments of stunning poignancy that I've never found in other shows. It's also the funniest show ever, in my opinion.

I wish Mace Tyrell would do something useful for once. Most pointless character in the series. Well, apart from those who just disappeared.

Isn't that sort of the point though? He's so shit that his mum has to sort out all his business. I reckon at some point he'll die and his son will become head of the second most powerful house in Westeros and shit will get real. 

<script language='javascript'> </script>

There was also continuity errors during Jorah's fight scene. He had blood one min and nowt the next.

I'm never watching it again becaus of that.

Ha - love it when the continuity police draw the line way too far into analville

The ships / wall thing is a good point though, where did they leave the ships? and what's to stop the dead getting on board and sailing round the wall thus negating one of their major weaknesses (hydrophonia) ,and avoiding a major obstacle (the wall)?

Poor military logistics by John Snow there, maybe Bianca from eastenders was right, maybe he really does know nothing?

Isn't that sort of the point though? He's so shit that his mum has to sort out all his business. I reckon at some point he'll die and his son will become head of the second most powerful house in Westeros and shit will get real. 

Probably. But he's just hanging around in the background basically doing fuck all. They could just as well get in some of the other great characters from the books they have cut out of GoT instead.

Oh and am I the only one thinking riding a dragon doesn't look very comfortable? All those pointy ends have to hurt.

Ha - love it when the continuity police draw the line way too far into analville

The ships / wall thing is a good point though, where did they leave the ships? and what's to stop the dead getting on board and sailing round the wall thus negating one of their major weaknesses (hydrophonia) ,and avoiding a major obstacle (the wall)?

Poor military logistics by John Snow there, maybe Bianca from eastenders was right, maybe he really does know nothing?

You have to remember though Jon Snow know's nothing

Guest Pistonbroke

It is different in the book, they have probably just saved time by skipping it in the series. 

Guest Pistonbroke

In the series they also missed out the battle of Deepwood Motte, on his march towards Winterfell Stannis first attacks Deepwood Motte and takes on the Iron Born. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Wait, they actually had Stannis do something remotely worth the time investment and didn't include it in the TV show?

Obviously yes, unless they are still going to do that in episode 10. 

Think it's hard to convince someone that the lord of light is a load of bollocks when some woman that wanders around in her nighty in the middle of a blizzard can give birth to ghosts that kill people.

I'm not a religious man but I reckon that in a desperate spot I might throw my lot in with that.

I meant that Stannis will realise that all the scarifices and betrayal he has made is in effect worth shit.

But then again that lovely red lady would make me believe too.

Guest Pistonbroke

I bet this sacrifice will come to naught. Stannis will likely kill the red babe after the Boltons defeat him in the upcoming battle. 

It is the Bolton's and the Frey's and I hope they all die painfully.