You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Braga away Match thread

fowler9

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We respected them too much. Its fuckign Braga for fucks sake.

To be fair though they did beat Arsenal at home as well but then got turned over away from home. I don't think we were respecting them too much as such but we were too cautious and for me looking as if we would happy take a 1-0 to Anfield and try and do what Arsenal did to them.

Performance was very lacklustre and players we expected to turn the style on in Meireles and Cole did not do so. Looked very flat and we were no where near aggressive enough.

Meh, they looked pretty shit. It took a dumb foul or a lucky swing of a boot for them to even sniff the goal. We played better than against Sparta and tried to play through the middle. Not keen on the line up and the players didn't seem to know who should move and who should hold. Sorted the structure in the second half, but didn't have the legs to push the advantage. On top of all that we should have had a pen and they should have had a man sent off.

Far more irritating than the performance is the usual knee-jerk bollocks on here. Calm the fuck down.

Ref was an inconsistant twat, booked Lucas for a high foot then when Kuyt gets kicked in the back of the head while standin up straight....nada.

Poulsen should just be given his cards at John lennon airport.

If we started 1st half with Carrol on would have been a totaly diffrent game.

Worst thing about it is they looked shakey as fuck at the back anytime we went forward with any kind of intent.

Suppose 1-0 aint that bad, still think we will go on to next round.

To the whinging contingent... What you've just seen there is a vintage Liverpool European away, right to the template. Thats how we did it in the past, and Kenny's running things the way Joe and Bob would have done in the same competition. Bore the crowd into submission, keep the game tight and the opposition out of your final third as much as possible, take a goal if one is offered to you. Then play the game on our terms at Anfield.

Its not pretty, but Euro aways were rarely pretty. The real job is on next week.

First of all , they were shit, we're gonna win like 4-0 at Anfield if we have players like Steve,Maxi and Carroll from start.

The ref was horrible! Cole should off had a pen , and how come he not see the elbow from that prick? Fucking hell, I thought Carroll had broken his nose there!

I can only imagine the abuse that Hodgson would have got for that.

8 defensive players and only 1 attacking player looking like he was anything like in the right place (cole).

The club should have to apologise to fans for that fucking travesty.

I thought we were Liverpool not fucking Stoke, because that's how they'd have approached that game, actually tell a lie at least Stoke play two up front.

I love Kenny as much as the next bloke but what the fuck was that?

If that's how we're going to be in Europe then it's probably just as well we won't be playing CL footy next year!

Carragher - Kyrgiakos - Skrtel .... God help us.

Almost as good as

Spearing Lucas .... classy

It's the risk you take playing for a draw. You set your stall out to do nothing but defend...then concede...and have nothing to build on to get yourself back in the game. I'm disappointed that we've been so fucking negative in Europe tbh, as you can't tell me we wouldn't have steamrollered that side if we'd picked a more positive side and showed one tenth of the same ambition and enthusiasm as we did at the weekend.

And what the fuck does Pacheco have to do to get a run out?

Carroll did well coming on considering he still is not fit. One thing we better not start doing is f'kin hoof it wide, yes he is a huge player but does not mean we hoof at every opportunity (skrtel!). Stick to playing it on the ground, cannot see Kenny letting it anyway but still we must not start doing that again.

Did we miss Maxi does anyone think? His cleverness on the ball and that?

But in all this a 1-0 defeat, I will take that to Anfield. Didnt ever think it would be a walk in the park even though Braga look shite! But i would take that and next week if we can get Gerrard, Maxi, Agger and Carroll all starting.

Another rubbish away performance, it's like they go out with the atitude 'yeah ye're shite so no matter what ye'll do we'll do enough at home'

That's exactly what this was. Keep it tight, don't bother playing football, maybe we'll get a set piece.

Ah well never mind, stupid tackle otherwise it could have been 0-0 and job done.

Fuck that right off regardless of who is in charge.

I was waiting for that, negged!

The truth, oh I'm sorry.

If Hodgson had served that up then one of you would have served his head up, on a platter.

I truly don't give a fuck what anyone says that was an embarrasment for this club. Spurs were more adventurous in a better competition against much better opposition.

To be fair, Kenny didn't have an awful lot of players available, but he shouldn't use Spearing as a right winger and Carra as a right back. We are gonna batter them at Anfield anyway, I'm not concerned at all, just fucking angry because of the elbow!

Poor first half.

Stupid tackle from Soto.

Better second half.

Useful run out for Carroll.

Not seen anything in Braga that doesn't make me think we can turn them over at home.

But I had to stop watching the second half after twenty minutes, and go and listen on the radio, or I'd have had to get to the commentary position and kill Collymore if he mentioned Carroll one more time. Are they shagging each other?