You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina and Torres' contract clause

Antynwa

Throwing it out there.

Would we have still been an attractive proposition to FSG or anyone else if both these players left in the summer?

I don't think it would have been quite as attractive if we lost two of our three World Class players before the sale, but I don't think it would have been a deal-breaker.

It's all speculation now anyway.

Complete guesswork, but I think both players probably wanted out last summer and the club said no you are under contract and we are in the process of trying to sell the club. As a compromise, get out clauses were put in both players contracts to enable them to move on in the future if they still wanted out and once the club was sold.

Complete guesswork, but I think both players probably wanted out last summer and the club said no you are under contract and we are in the process of trying to sell the club. As a compromise, get out clauses were put in both players contracts to enable them to move on in the future if they still wanted out and once the club was sold.

Both did want to leave. I thought that was common knowledge?

Probably not directly related to the thread but my guess is a lot of people associated with LFC are quietly thrilled that we recouped fifty million for Torres. He is NOT the same player we bought as his last season and a half with us shows and his form at Chelsea.

It's onward and upward for KK's Liverpool and no one player or no two players are more important that the club. Personally, I'm thrilled not to be worried about this player or that player leaving. We are bigger than that and we will not be held hostage to an individual player's own ideas of ambition. The place to achieve your goals is getting into Kenny's squad!

There is an old village saying: If my grandmother had balls she would be a grandfather.

Had Hitler been gay, would Germany be what it is today?

Semantics, and not something that we should dwell on.

You anti-semantics are all the same.

Probably not directly related to the thread but my guess is a lot of people associated with LFC are quietly thrilled that we recouped fifty million for Torres. He is NOT the same player we bought as his last season and a half with us shows and his form at Chelsea.

It's onward and upward for KK's Liverpool and no one player or no two players are more important that the club. Personally, I'm thrilled not to be worried about this player or that player leaving. We are bigger than that and we will not be held hostage to an individual player's own ideas of ambition. The place to achieve your goals is getting into Kenny's squad!

Not indirectly related either, all the same, absoloutly spot on.

This ^^^^^

excellent post

If Pepe goes he goes thats it but looking at our turn around under KK we will be back challenging on all fronts if the backing is there in the summer transfer window(i think it will be) so out of the clubs Pepe is supposedly linked with which one has a better chance in the coming seasons to be better than us? Arsenal-poor in defence,dont like spending money,Scum-on the fall no money ageing squad?,chelsea-maybe if the russian invests again in the summer.He will stay i think although david de Gea looks a more than capable replacement onwards and upwards same for any one else who wants out, Liverpool fc will always find a replacement and carry on moving forward.

If Pepe goes he goes thats it but looking at our turn around under KK we will be back challenging on all fronts if the backing is there in the summer transfer window(i think it will be) so out of the clubs Pepe is supposedly linked with which one has a better chance in the coming seasons to be better than us? Arsenal-poor in defence,dont like spending money,Scum-on the fall no money ageing squad?,chelsea-maybe if the russian invests again in the summer.He will stay i think although david de Gea looks a more than capable replacement onwards and upwards same for any one else who wants out, Liverpool fc will always find a replacement and carry on moving forward.

Just because Arsenal did not spend money in the past doesn't mean they won't in the future.

Scum have money- they have interest payments but they still managed to spend 27 million last summer. Don't be fooled by what is written in the press about their financial situation. They are a cash rich football club.