You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sparta Prague (a)

Ynwa20

What do you want?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want?

• Patches bags a brace.
    • Strongest team out, 4-0 win.
    • Fish for dinner, roll on March 6th
    • Carroll and Suarez get 20 mins together and no less than 3 good knockdowns.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why we should play a weakened team. We need to go full belt to win the thing this year. This club NEEDS a trophy. We have no match for a week after it so let's start the big boys and go and win the tie.

For anyone lucky enough to be going to Prague, you'll have a ball. I went last summer, great place to visit.

Discuss. Want to get this out the way to be honest. An efficient win with a run out for Patches'll do me. 0-2. Might as well stick a poll in here. Have a look. Now.

Negged for the persistent use of the word 'Patches'. It sounds like the sort of nickname 10 year old girls would give a pop star.

Negged for the persistent use of the word 'Patches'. It sounds like the sort of nickname 10 year old girls would give a pop star.

Well said KingString. How does one acquire this negging ability? Do I have to become a season ticket holder?

Can you wep me for giving you a cool nickname pwease?

Strongest team, pulverise them. Not saying it's a gimme but if I could choose the outcome...

Rest some in the second leg if we have that luxury.

I'd still take 4th (for practical reasons) over the trophy if offered a straight take-it-or-leave-it choice, but I want both. And I want us to go into every game we play league or cup trying to win, no eye on the next game (be it league or Europa). Winning tends to breed winning, and shite tends to breed shite.

And the small matter that this is completely in our hands, 4th place isn't.

Strongest team, pulverise them. Not saying it's a gimme but if I could choose the outcome...

Rest some in the second leg if we have that luxury.

I'd still take 4th (for practical reasons) over the trophy if offered a straight take-it-or-leave-it choice, but I want both. And I want us to go into every game we play league or cup trying to win, no eye on the next game (be it league or Europa). Winning tends to breed winning, and shite tends to breed shite.

And the small matter that this is completely in our hands, 4th place isn't.

There's an important lesson in there, great post.

Play our strongest side in the first leg and get a decent lead and then in the 2nd leg play a weakened side with players like Wilson, Sterling etc and also hopefully Carroll and Spearing to get some match fitness.

Sterling looked good last night, has he been in a matchday squad yet?

Want to see a strong team out. Got a feeling Kenny may give Jovanovic a run up top though as after his frankly shocking run as sub on Saturday it may be best to let him get out on the pitch again as soon as possible.

Reina

Kelly

Carra

Agger

Johnson

Lucas

Gerrard

Meireles

Cole

Jovanovic

Kuyt