You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

I'll be having peas in my risotto tonight.

Obviously we're still looking for a centre-back, left-back and 2 wingers - or does Henderson count as a wide player? I'm still a bit wary about CM. We're really lacking on the defensive side if Lucas gets injured.

I'd like to think Spearing can do a defensive job.

You're continually begging the question. By your argument, top class players shouldn't "only want to play for Liverpool" when we're not in the CL. That statement provides no evidence that Suarez's motivations are any different to the next top player.

Bottom line is, we may not be able to compete with the top 4 for players right now, but there are plenty of players better than Downing and Adam who will not be chased by the cream of the crop of Europe. Suarez is a prime example of the fact that these things happen, there are surely more of them out there, not every good player from abroad will have offers from CL clubs and even from those that do I'm confident we can tempt some with regular game time and the biggest factor of them all, money.

Abs,i think they had to sell for a knockdown fee.He wasnt first choice anymore and with the high wages he would have had they would have needed to sell cheap or pay some of his wages too move him on.

Its the same issue we will hav with moving some of the shite we have on the books.

Abs,i think they had to sell for a knockdown fee.He wasnt first choice anymore and with the high wages he would have had they would have needed to sell cheap or pay some of his wages too move him on.

Its the same issue we will hav with moving some of the shite we have on the books.

And the fact that he didnt seem the same player. Washed up early like Michael Owen.

I see your logic. We let the likes of Markus Babbel and Sami Hyypia leave for nothing.

So Duff was a Chelsea legend who came to the end of his career like Sami? Duff did well is spells for Chelsea, but he never established himself and became first choice and was sold on. He did well for a squad player. But they paid for a player that was on fire for Blackburn and thought he would be a star for them....never worked out, bit a bad signing, but they didnt get value for money here

So Duff was a Chelsea legend who came to the end of his career like Sami? Duff did well is spells for Chelsea, but he never established himself and became first choice and was sold on. He did well for a squad player. But they paid for a player that was on fire for Blackburn and thought he would be a star for them....never worked out, bit a bad signing, but they didnt get value for money here

first two or so seasons there he was on fire, after that injuries took his best form, hence he was sold.

move on folks

Pretty much, yeah. An integral part of the side which won them the title for the first time in how many years? And then won a second. Easily comparible to Markus Babbel's time with us, in fact probably better.

I suggest you take your London rivalries to an Arsenal forum.

How much did you sell Henry for, after previously telling Chelsea he wasn't for sale at £50m?

Take your time.

I didnt know Duff had such a strong following in Liverpool comparing him to players like Sami and Henry who are legends for their clubs. Henry was 30 and served us well for 8 years and we sold him for 16 million pound. Duff had three season in Chelsea where he made less than 30 starts in 2 of them and never was a starter and was sold for 5 million at the age of 27. Why is it so hard to accept it that he didnt live up to what they paid for and they decided to move him on and take a massive loss

But Chelsea had huge margin for errors...dont forget that. They paid 17 million for Duff, 21 million for Wright Phillips and 20 million for Ferreira. thats 60 million on players who ended up not good enough and didnt contribute much.

I dont think neither Liverpool or Arsenal is in a position to gamble on players for that kind of money

I think Ferreira was very good, so I wouldn't include him in that list.

Duff was outstanding for a couple of seasons for Chelsea.

Ferraira was shit.

Some much wrongness and shit in a single post.