You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can see what you are getting at, but I don't find the sentence in bold acceptable.

In reality season is over on Monday

Also Hodgson is doing more damage than just bad results, we would be better off with Sammy Lee till the end of the season as he isnt hated by some of the players and was the assistant manager under Rafa also did a good job as caretaker manager at Bolton.

Keeping a doomed manager isnt doing the club any good whatsoever

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time we had a power vacuum at the club Benitez negotiated himself a massive contract and pissed away a fortune on shite. FSG realise that appointing a CEO or a football executive should take priority over another caretaker manager. That way we can be confident of having properly vetted our top choices come summer. The last thing we want is newbies giving a long contract to a new manager.

If we win our games in hand we are 2 points off Sunderland in 6th. I believe if Hodgson is allowed to sign a striker, we will avoid relegation and make the top 6 comfortably.

Mancini has a worse record than Hughes did last year but still has his job. It's the same for Hodgson. The league is shite this year and there is no guarantee a new manager will turn things around.

There's also the matter of Hodgson's compensation.

In reality season is over on Monday

Also Hodgson is doing more damage than just bad results, we would be better off with Sammy Lee till the end of the season as he isnt hated by some of the players and was the assistant manager under Rafa also did a good job as caretaker manager at Bolton.

Keeping a doomed manager isnt doing the club any good whatsoever

I think Sammy Lee should be seeing the door with Hodgson.

we would be better off with Sammy Lee till the end of the season as he isnt hated by some of the players and was the assistant manager under Rafa also did a good job as caretaker manager at Bolton.

Thats not a bad idea. He tried to play more carpet football at Bolton when he took over which was hard due to the type of game they previously played under Allardyce and the squad he had (Maybe a bit of naiveity trying to change things so quickly). It seemed some kicked off but at least he had the bottle to drop some of their 'star' players like Campo & Nolan and got them into them into the groups stages of the UEFA cup.

TesticleOReilly Testicle O'Reilly

RT @lfclifeanddeath Phil Thompson just gone into Melwood #LFC <<< Fingers, toes and testicles crossed.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Oooh, Twitter.

Jesus, can people stop posting this shite?

I actually miss people on Twitter telling me what colour their shit was this morning, at least they weren't being fucking bell-ends then.

Would love for it to be true, Thommo back at the club would be a dream of quite epic proportions. Can only imagine what he would say to Babel, awesome.

Well his press conference is now being done only on the website.

They have banned all other media as they say questions and rumors will detract from the real issue which is the next game.

That's a cop out by the club. Technically you can say that about every game. There delaying te inevitable

This is getting sillier by the hour. What's the point of him still being here?

Hhmm thats how i feel about it too. Also just to put this out there i have heard from a usually reliable source (may be wrong) that the club have not spoken to Kenny and that he has had no contact with any of them in regards to this mess.

The only contact he has had is with people asking him about whether the club have contacted him, ironically.

More likely the club trying to avoid an embarrassing shitfest.

How much more embarrassing can it get? Poor by the club and the manager, stuff like this was supposed to stop...

A lame duck is a lame duck, if he can take the money while continuing to be the lamest duck ever he might as well quack a little to amuse the masses.

The more I look at this, the more I think that something must be in the pipeline.

No statements of support, cancelled press conferences, leaked reports of the board finding results seriously discouraging.

I'm going to try and keep positive and keep faith in FSG, as they've not done anything up to now to make me doubt them. The only logical reason why Roy is still in place must be because the replacement is currently unavailable. Their lack of comment suggests that the replacement won't be unavailable for too much longer. I reckon Kenny will be in place before Blackpool.

The more I look at this, the more I think that something must be in the pipeline.

No statements of support, cancelled press conferences, leaked reports of the board finding results seriously discouraging.

I'm going to try and keep positive and keep faith in FSG, as they've not done anything up to now to make me doubt them. The only logical reason why Roy is still in place must be because the replacement is currently unavailable. Their lack of comment suggests that the replacement won't be unavailable for too much longer. I reckon Kenny will be in place before Blackpool.

Kenny or they've managed to poach who they want after this weekends round of games.

I think a lot of people are looking at the lack of visible action as a lack of action full stop, there could be a hell of a lot going on, how would we know?

Only thing I am sure of, whatever they do, it will be for the greater good, and not a PR or pressured stunt.

Sadly, we are all at the stage in LFC history, where we want the good times back, and dont want to sit through another tenure of shite, ala G&H.

New owners on the block, lets see what they do and bare with them, we arent going down, its just we are below what we expect, so grit the teeth, and look forward to next season before any of us start slating the new lot.

They to be fair, are the only ones im willing to allow time to do their thing, so lets all calm it down a level, and see what happens over the next few days.

If they keep Roy to the end, then we can start calling for heads, as the "listening to the fans" thing, would be bollocks.

But im willing to give them a while longer, fuck me, we arent going anywhere this season, so what does it matter.

Have faith

Whoever she is!

Apparently he's gone, but there's no replacement right now. I heard Sammy Lee will have today's session. Anyone who can confirm?

I'm thinking justice delayed is justice denied and all that..

Its been getting so bad, I was thinking of having someone break into his house. Maybe they could plant 2000 copies of "Terrorism for Dummies", and some of Gary Glitter's videos. Then give an anonymous tip off to the bizzies.

Andy Gay would still be there on Sky blaming it on Rafa. And Purslow would "leak" a picture of him, tea towel on head, in the mountains of Northern Pakistan.