You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ask him what he thinks of Obama's progress in terms of 'reaching out' to the muslim world, and his progress as US president in general.

I'd like to ssee him speak myself, he's a prize bellend at times and he loves his own voice, but he's always superb value on Question Time and he's obviously a very sharp guy.

Some highlights.

[YOUTUBE]HrdFFCnYtbk[/YOUTUBE]

If you'll permit me....

PWNED

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's on the talksport tonight, if anybody wants to listen to him. It's a pretty funny show that consists of him arguing with everybody. Like you say, a bit of a bellend but generally good value.

Who would win a fight between a bear and a monkey with a knife?

Obviously.

_41750334_bear203_ap.jpg

Tabby cat terror for black bear

A black bear got more than it bargained for after straying into a family garden in the US state of New Jersey.

The unwelcome intruder was forced up a tree - twice - by the family pet, a tabby cat called Jack.

The terrified bear was only able to make its escape when owner Donna Dickey called the hissing cat into the house.

Ms Dickey said Jack liked to keep a close watch on his territory and often chased away small animals, but one of this size was a first.

"We used to joke, 'Jack's on duty', never knowing he'd go after a bear," Donna Dickey told local newspaper The Star-Ledger.

"He doesn't want anybody in his yard," she added.

The bear was first spotted in the tree by neighbours who thought the 15lb (7kg) cat was just looking up at it.

They then realised the bear was afraid of the cat.

After some 15 minutes, the bear descended, but was chased up another tree, before finally making its escape when Jack was called indoors.

Bear sightings are not unusual in the area of West Milford in New Jersey, which experts say is one of the state's most bear-populated areas.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Did you go, TSO?

I saw some of the protests - mainly Jews who are soaking up some of the lies told to them by their mentalist right wing politicians - which consisted of placards saying 'Racist Off Campus'.

Yea I did. It was very interesting. Bit sad seeing the protesters. Some of them had placards claiming he was against homosexuals too. Which made me laugh because more than anything he advocates against hate. His most 'controversial' act is really his support of Palestine against Israeli occupation but he is intolerant of racist or homophobic hate as far as I know.

There was a wonderful woman who spoke... her last name was Weiss if I remember. Holocaust survivor who is part of a group of Jewish lead members fighting the illegal occupation. She was passionately berating the protesters outside and their ignorance. There were also many people including one lad who had a chance to ask him a question as well who were openly homosexual and said they were thankful to him and his support of preaching anti-hate against everyone including for their sexuality.

I hadn't really gone to listen to the Palestine-Israel conflict as there isn't a lot I haven't heard before. I'm more of an admirer of him because of his humanitarian efforts and his anti-war stance and I think he is a brilliant public speaker. But some of the other people who spoke including the ones I've mentioned really highlighted the ignorance going on outside. I got talking to an independent journalist afterwards (who I found out was Scottish. Definitely had to ask him if he was into the football. He laughed and said he wasn't and that's why he's lived so long. I went on and said 'You do know your country has produced one of the finest players the world has ever seen'. And he just smiled and said 'King Kenny'. Brilliant bit that I had to include in my retelling of my experience) and was one of the last people to leave the hall. I came out alone and literally about 20 people standing and waving Israeli flags started booing me. Like it was wrong of me to go and listen with an open mind. Not support. Just listen. I think that was what I was most ashamed of. Even Galloway touched on it. He was like what is wrong with this country? I've been all around the world but I have never faced this kind of an intolerance and hate in my life. This right to free speech, to be heard. It's all Harper and his left wing agenda. It's really disgusting some of the things I heard but I won't get into it too much. I recorded a bit on my cell phone but it's obviously not quality enough. Might try and get a video and put it up. There were plenty of media outlets there so something's bound to be up on the internetzz soon enough.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm not surprised that some of these pro-Israel lobby turned up. What's I'm surprised by is that they've managed to hoodwink so many young students to believe their warped view of the world. To boo you for listening to Galloway is madness.

Although, I wish Harper actually did have a left-wing agenda, but you've made a typo there I'm afraid.

Yea I did. It was very interesting. Bit sad seeing the protesters. Some of them had placards claiming he was against homosexuals too. Which made me laugh because more than anything he advocates against hate. His most 'controversial' act is really his support of Palestine against Israeli occupation but he is intolerant of racist or homophobic hate as far as I know.

I've heard him speak about this. Basically, his position is "I'm an old fart who was brought up in a backward-looking environment with traditional values, which I can't fully shake. Consequently, I still feel a bit uncomfortable when I see two men kissing. But that's my problem. I am stupid and wrong to feel that way and I would never do anything to limit their right to love each other."

(He put it more eloquently, obviously.)

I'd rather hear someone say that, than "I'm not homophobic, but..."

I'm not surprised that some of these pro-Israel lobby turned up. What's I'm surprised by is that they've managed to hoodwink so many young students to believe their warped view of the world. To boo you for listening to Galloway is madness.

Although, I wish Harper actually did have a left-wing agenda, but you've made a typo there I'm afraid.

Haha oops! Sorry! Big typo there! I had a late night! :p

I've heard him speak about this. Basically, his position is "I'm an old fart who was brought up in a backward-looking environment with traditional values, which I can't fully shake. Consequently, I still feel a bit uncomfortable when I see two men kissing. But that's my problem. I am stupid and wrong to feel that way and I would never do anything to limit their right to love each other."

Might be a bit easier to believe that if he didn't have a long track record of supporting regimes that actively persecute homosexuals.

We are fortunate there is one country in the middle east where gay people are not persecuted and where they can seek asylum.

Might be a bit easier to believe that if he didn't have a long track record of supporting regimes that actively persecute homosexuals.

We are fortunate there is one country in the middle east where gay people are not persecuted and where they can seek asylum.

Is that the same country where foreign zealots are allowed to build illegal settlements on land that has been seized by force from its rightful owners?

Is that the same country where foreign zealots are allowed to build illegal settlements on land that has been seized by force from its rightful owners?

Maybe we should give the entire middle east over to the "rightful owners" so they can persecute gay people in 100% of the region instead of 99%.

Galloway's a cunt. I suspect he'd like nothing more than to see full blown Sharia Law in this country, with floggings, amputations, beheadings, the works.

Anyway, he can fuck off.

Honestly, I haven't got a clue how you'd possibly come to that conclusion.

Galloway seems to be quite a humanist from the (admittedly) little that I've heard from him.

And his views on Palestine / Israel seemingly only go a very small way to redressing the balance there.