You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
I like the way Pellegrini goes about setting his sides up and the way they play, but should we lose the Derby and are right in the mire anyway, plus the additional penalty of 9 points should the worst come to the worst, I'm wondering whether that is going to be a good set of circumstances under which to acclimatise him in English football.

he was brought in as he was English, experienced, knew our league, spoke the language and supposedly could just sit down and put the kettle on and get on with it short to mid short term.

Only quoted these bits as they're what I want to reply to, not trying to misrepresent what you were saying (probably didn't need to type this).

Maybe the second paragraph rather proves the first shouldn't be used as an excuse, or a reason anyway.

He speaks English. He doesn't need a huge pot of cash. He'd make us play good football.

I don't really subscribe to the want, or need, for having to play differently because we're in a `fight`. We have a good enough squad to finish much higher than where we are now, even with a points deduction. We're capable of playing decent football and steadily moving up the table.

I guess I'm just slightly cynical of having to create some sort of siege mentality. We're only 7 games into the season.

Only quoted these bits as they're what I want to reply to, not trying to misrepresent what you were saying (probably didn't need to type this).

Maybe the second paragraph rather proves the first shouldn't be used as an excuse, or a reason anyway.

He speaks English. He doesn't need a huge pot of cash. He'd make us play good football.

I don't really subscribe to the want, or need, for having to play differently because we're in a `fight`. We have a good enough squad to finish much higher than where we are now, even with a points deduction. We're capable of playing decent football and steadily moving up the table.

I guess I'm just slightly cynical of having to create some sort of siege mentality. We're only 7 games into the season.

Yeah, maybe so, I wouldn't disagree with that.

Guest TesticleOReilly
HAHAHA

He really fucking wasn't. Slow and over-weight (probably muscle though) couldn't cross for shit and had a poor shot. As you said he couldn't defend for shit either.

OK, we'll post this again just for the mongs:

Last year Insua was the 2nd highest assisting left back in the league, behind only Ashley Cole. His problem was defending, and if you remember how many balls Fletcher and Rooney pinged across park into the huge swaths of space Konchesky gave Nani, then we haven't got much of an upgrade.

Whether you like it or not Insua was far from awful going forward.

Guest TesticleOReilly
How many did he have?

Instead of talking shit, then demanding proof, how about you simply do what a lot of other people do, and have a read up on these piss-poor players yourself? How's that sound?

Alternatively, you can sit there and have everyone hand everything to you on a plate, if you prefer.

In short, you're wrong. If you're going to have an opinion, at least try and have some background info, instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

Instead of talking shit, then demanding proof, how about you simply do what a lot of other people do, and have a read up on these piss-poor players yourself? How's that sound?

Alternatively, you can sit there and have everyone hand everything to you on a plate, if you prefer.

In short, you're wrong. If you're going to have an opinion, at least try and have some background info, instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

I'm not buying it for one minute. He couldn't cross for shit and had a poor shot. Was at fault for fuck knows how many goals as well.

I'd take virtually every left back in the league last year over him.

Insua is definitely better going forward and konchesky supposed to solve the defensive part of insua, i see nothing of that atm. Let's give konchesky a few more games however i expect more from him, he's 29 already spent most of his career in English football, supposed to be familiar with Roy's system after 2 1/2 yrs with him. And let's be fair with insua, that guy's only 21 and have the potential to be better.

That said, Insua/Glen might fit Rafa's system and not roy, same applys for Konchesky

Guest TesticleOReilly
I'm not buying it for one minute. He couldn't cross for shit and had a poor shot. Was at fault for fuck knows how many goals as well.

I'd take virtually every left back in the league last year over him.

Don't give a fuck what you buy. You're wrong. End of.

The point wasn't that he's a fabulous defender, it was whether Konchesky has been an improvement. As a defender PK has been exposed many times (especially for 2 of the 3 goals at Old Trafford) and isn't any better than Insua going forward.

Don't bother reading threads and posts, tho', just post bollocks. Why change the habit of a lifetime, eh?

Don't give a fuck what you buy. You're wrong. End of.

The point wasn't that he's a fabulous defender, it was whether Konchesky has been an improvement. As a defender PK has been exposed many times (especially for 2 of the 3 goals at Old Trafford) and isn't any better than Insua going forward.

Don't bother reading threads and posts, tho', just post bollocks. Why change the habit of a lifetime, eh?

You're the one chatting bollocks. Insua was nowhere near the second highest assists from a LB in the league. Go check the stats again. There is at least 3 or 4 above him & that's before I stopped counting

Guest TesticleOReilly
You're the one chatting bollocks. Insua was nowhere near the second highest assists from a LB in the league. Go check the stats again. There is at least 3 or 4 above him & that's before I stopped counting

a) you're looking at PL only,

b) he had 6 in the PL alone by February. So your 5 is (funnily enough) wrong already.

Bye bye. xxx

Guest The Chimp
STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH HAVE JUST SEE BIG CRISSY AND MAD MARTY IN THE NEWZ BAR THEY HAVE JUST SHOWED ME SOME PAPER WORK THEM TO CUNTS HAVENT GOT A LEG TO STAND ON

Durango's left his computer unattended again hasn't he?