You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Maxi next ?

Dave69

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why people aren't arsed about maxi leaving is a real mystery to me. He looked really promising (to me anyway) in his first 6 months, playing in a different country and footballing culture aswell as a shite team. He can only improve next year. The lad cost about 1million and surely has a place in our squad at the very least. in cole and maxi we have 2 players who 18 months ago would have cost close to £40million between them. Both 28/29 and if they recapture their form i believe we'd go from having one of the worst flanks in the league to the best.

People arent arsed because ALL our stars are currently linked to other teams, and we probably know (regardless of all the cunting and bitching) that 99% of it is utter crap.

Agree with you though, we got two above avergae players for a fraction of what they could have cost. Last year Maxi slotted in well, and can only improve on his performances. Right now, if we get rid, we lose a good player, and how would we replace him with money that we WONT have (regardless if we sold or not...)?

Besides, he DOESNT WANT TO GO. we gave the lad a lifeline and i doubt he'll spit in our faces.

People arent arsed because ALL our stars are currently linked to other teams, and we probably know (regardless of all the cunting and bitching) that 99% of it is utter crap.

Agree with you though, we got two above avergae players for a fraction of what they could have cost. Last year Maxi slotted in well, and can only improve on his performances. Right now, if we get rid, we lose a good player, and how would we replace him with money that we WONT have (regardless if we sold or not...)?

Besides, he DOESNT WANT TO GO. we gave the lad a lifeline and i doubt he'll spit in our faces.

What i was really puzzled at was how some people just don't seem to rate him. Hes technically gifted, has a good footballing brain and will pitch in with his fair share of goals. The only thing he lacks really is pace.

Above average is a bit of an understatement mate. Both are/were class acts.

IMO Maxi hasn't played to his best in last few years. Good touch,links up well but isn't a winger, can't beat a man and doesn't get down the line and get balls into the box, in that respect he lacks an end product as a winger, personally i think Torres would have a field day with service coming in form either wing, we haven't had that for years. Maxi IMO would be better played a bit more centrally.

IMO Maxi hasn't played to his best in last few years. Good touch,links up well but isn't a winger, can't beat a man and doesn't get down the line and get balls into the box, in that respect he lacks an end product as a winger, personally i think Torres would have a field day with service coming in form either wing, we haven't had that for years.

More of a field day than when he scored 33 goals in one season?

someone on official has put this down from skysports although i can't see it on there

Maxi Rodriguez will NOT be leaving Liverpool for Espanyol.

It was claimed that new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson had told the player he can leave if he can find a new club.

A report by Mundo Deportivo revealed: 'Espanyol is negotiating with the agent (he belongs to the Enterprise IMG) who could make it official in the coming hours.

'All parties seem to agree to close the transaction but there is only one obstacle: the high cost of Maxi Rodriguez. Espanyol are not willing to make a huge financial outlay.'

The Liverpool midfielder played for Espanyol between 2002 and 2005 before joining Atletico Madrid.

However the talk has been labelled as "Rubbish" today by Rodriguez's agent.

"There is, has,nor will be no talk of Rodriguez leaving Liverpool. he is looking forward to the new season and all this talk is Rubbish".

Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez brought him in on a free transfer in January and he has just under 4 years remaining on his contract.

someone on official has put this down from skysports although i can't see it on there

Maxi Rodriguez will NOT be leaving Liverpool for Espanyol.

It was claimed that new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson had told the player he can leave if he can find a new club.

A report by Mundo Deportivo revealed: 'Espanyol is negotiating with the agent (he belongs to the Enterprise IMG) who could make it official in the coming hours.

'All parties seem to agree to close the transaction but there is only one obstacle: the high cost of Maxi Rodriguez. Espanyol are not willing to make a huge financial outlay.'

The Liverpool midfielder played for Espanyol between 2002 and 2005 before joining Atletico Madrid.

However the talk has been labelled as "Rubbish" today by Rodriguez's agent.

"There is, has,nor will be no talk of Rodriguez leaving Liverpool. he is looking forward to the new season and all this talk is Rubbish".

Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez brought him in on a free transfer in January and he has just under 4 years remaining on his contract.

Brilliant.

Anyone know what the fuck is going on? Has Hodgson told him he can leave? Has he asked to leave? Is it all bollocks? Seems like there is something in the story but the agent quotes seem to go against all the other reports/rumours.

He's staying.

He doesn't want to leave and Espanyol aren't interested for economic reasons. I've posted it about 3 times yet no one seems to listen.

This new invisibility cloak feature is boss Dave!

I appear to be wearing it in the mong infested Luke Young thread too

glad he is staying, found the rumours quite strange yesturday, i think if we can get him, Stevie, Aquilani, Cole and Torres playing in the same team we could play some brilliant stuff

I'm not in the know or anything, just simply read an article from the Spanish media with quotes from Espanyol's chairman. He says they're not interested because it's not "economically viable"

Paying for a 29 year old you could have got for free 6 months ago in easier circumstances is a bit stupid.

Then it ended the article with the line "Sources close to Maxi indicate he does not want to leave"

I'm happy with that. He'll be a good player for us this season, thought he was really starting to perform just as the season ended and also gives us an option in the centre of the park.