You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one thing I remember Drenthe for was when he squared up to Gerrard in his Feyenoord when he was about 19 in a friendly against us. He was a little shit then!

The only thing I remember him for is crying (as in literally) 'cos it was so tough at madrid and asking to be left out of the squad!?!?!?!?!?

I'm Van Der Vaart's biggest fan but I dont think we need him and he should only be signed if we've covered other positions first

Tiago would be an okay signing for the right price and I'm content if not enthused by Figueroa, Drenthe has talent but I have always disliked him since he acted such a prat in that friendly

and I dont want to say it but I hope Hicks dies

I like the idea of signing van der vaart and him playing wide cutting inside. It's exactly how Arsenal play, they have the likes of Rosicky, Arshavin, Nasri and Fabregas who by rights are all players who play in the hole but they start two of them wide and let them cut inside.

If you have class footballers like Cole, van der vaart, Gerrard and Aquilani (when he isn't being a big girl) then they will use their intelligence and movement to create.

I wouldn't mind seeing a team like that to be fair

Tiago was a poor man's Alexei Smertin when at Chelsea - I doubt he's improved.

he was better than Smertin at Chelsea but still very poor, he was then excellent at Lyon, crap at Juve and good for Atletico on loan last year, always seems to do alright for Portugal as well

edit: although looking at a few reviews and stats he seemed to do quite well at Chelsea and Mourinho regretted letting him go, i remember him as a major flop for some reason!

Barcelona will turn to veteran midfielder Marcos Senna as midfield cover for the season ahead, according to reports from Spain.

El Mundo Deportivo reports that the Villarreal star, who is valued at around the €3m mark by his club, is seen as an alternative to Sergio Busquets following the departure of Yaya Toure to Manchester City.

Barca coach Pep Guardiola is short of options in the centre of the pitch as a result, and sees the 34-year-old as a perfect replacement.

Pending a review of his injury situation and his general fitness, Guardiola could be set to launch a bid for the man who starred at Euro 2008 with Spain.

Senna is out of contract in 2011 but his compatriot Bruno Soriano remains on the radar of the Spanish champions as a possible alternative.

However, Villarreal value the 26-year-old in the region of €16m and it is unlikely that the Spanish champions would be willing to meet that valuation.

Surely we can take a punt on Senna for 3 mil and Sign a young player on top of that if Mascherano leaves.

I seen somewhere that ben afra could be available for as little as 5m, we should definitly be in for him if this is the case, top top player.

Also seeing as we will need 2 left backs next season what about gallas on a free,he was excellent there for chelsea, he is versatile and would also add pace to our defence.

Hodgson, though, is believed to be closing in on Maynor Figueroa, the Wigan and Honduras left-back. The player will leave this summer and Liverpool remain confident of agreeing a £6 million fee. The player’s agent, Jean-Marc Goiran, has confirmed that a “deal is almost in place with Liverpool” for the 27 year-old.