You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Right, this is a pretty old story but I missed it when it was written so here it is.

Krisztian Nemeth keen to forge Premier League career at Liverpool - agent - Goal.com

Liverpool striker Krisztian Nemeth is apparently keen to stay on at Anfield and establish himself in the first team, according to the player's agent Tibor Pataky.

The 21-year-old has already reportedly been the subject of a £2 million offer from Italian oufit Lecce, but Pataky maintains that his client wants to succeed on Merseyside, although a short-term loan deal could be an option.

"Krisztian has a very clear opinion; he wants to stay as a Liverpool player, and his wish is to be successful as a Liverpool player, if Liverpool will give him a chance to fight," Pataky told The Liverpool Echo.

"For now he is back at [Liverpool's training ground] Melwood, he is working hard and looking forward. If he feels he will get a chance to make the jump into the first team, he will do everything he can to do so. But if not, then he is happy to go for maybe half a season to another club on loan."

Nemeth spent some of last season on loan in Greece at AEK Athens, netting three goals in 17 games.

The Greek club are believed to be interested in perhaps having the player back, whilst several Serie A clubs apart from Lecce are also rumoured to be keeping tabs on the striker.

Pataky maintains that the ultimate decision rests with Liverpool, though.

“There have been no discussions with Roy Hodgson yet, but we know a lot about the philosophy of the manager from (Fulham's Hungarian player) Zoltan Gera,” he said.

“But we must stress, first it is for Liverpool FC to decide on Krisztian's future.

“He has complete faith in the club. If they want him to return to AEK, then we will think about it. If they want him to go to one of the Italian clubs who are showing an interest, then we will think about it.

“He trusts himself of course, but he is also realistic. If Liverpool say he can fight for a first team place, then he will do so. If not, he will respect their decisions."

Nemeth is also apparently keen to continue his development at international level, with the qualifiers for Euro 2012 on the horizon.

"Of course the Hungarian national team is very important to him," Pataky insisted.

"He will now fight for a place in the squad for the Euro 2012 qualification matches."

so... anyone actually seen any evidence of him being at Melwood? Have I missed him leaving for Greece/Italy?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports in Houndras saying Figueroa is close.

"Almost everything is fixed"

Maynor is maintained homes in the country and nothing else expects his team convened to finalize his contract to go to Wigan and settle in Liverpool.

07/20/1910 - Updated: 20/07/1910 9:24 pm - Writing: redaccion@elheraldo.hn

QUALIFY

1 2 3 4 5 Current rating: Votes: 0 7 Comments Print Send

TEGUCIGALPA, HONDURAS

The representative of Maynor Figueroa, Jean Marc Goire, confirmed the strong interest of Liverpool in the Honduran defender.

Moreover, he dared to say that "almost everything is settled, just missing a few details to confirm the signing.

Maynor has 90 percent of the possibilities to leave Wigan. "

The Reds managed to Maynor for 8 million euros and will be starting next season the sole owners of the services side.

Maynor is maintained homes in the country and nothing else expects his team convened to finalize his contract to go to Wigan and settle in Liverpool.

Testing began

England and the Reds are making some medical tests to their players.

Yesterday it was the turn to Joe Cole, the midfielder who was transferred from Chelsea for 9.3 million euro. Roy Hodgson, the Liverpool manager, closed its first contract to be Cole Figueroa and expects to be his next signing.

“Casi todo está arreglado†- Zona Deportiva - ElHeraldo.hn

I'd be quite happy with Figueroa most people I have spoken to, it seems out of all the left backs we have been linked with, he is the one most would be very happy to get. Fingers crossed.

If we have him signed we are left then to buy a striker and a central midfielder once Mascherano goes (defour please).

I would be happy enough with Figueroa to be honest, much quicker than any previous left backs in recent years, much bigger than than Insua/Aurelio and decent aerially,makes good runs up flank and has nice left peg. Oh and he has a nice long throw which would give us a different option. Still young enough too.

Right, this is a pretty old story but I missed it when it was written so here it is.

Krisztian Nemeth keen to forge Premier League career at Liverpool - agent - Goal.com

so... anyone actually seen any evidence of him being at Melwood? Have I missed him leaving for Greece/Italy?

£2m I'd accept with a decent sell on clause, just incase he gets sold on at a profit like pongolle did. i really dont think Nemeth will make it with a top side TBH

I read something more recently than that with quotes from his agent saying he was in talks with Serie A and german teams. He was at Melwood; he did a blog post about the pre-season training etc but subsequent to that he was told to find a club. Clean slate and all that.

There are very few left backs that are absolutely water-tight in defence these days . It's not like the old days when they never crossed the half way line. I see Cole as the best left back in the world & I still see him skinned at times.

You look for the best all-round package at the right price if you are buying one & I would say Insua & £2m ( in effect ) for Figueroa is an excellent deal .

If we don't have a second one lined up I would relent and give Aurelio another year.