You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The People have a story saying Juventus will offer us Tiago for 4.5m. Don't remember too much of him from his Chelsea days, is he any good?

Not been "all that" over the last 2 years i recon midfield isn't a priority at the moment if Macsh goes then there is better options than Tiago but if we were in a position to buy squad players he would be good at that price (pritty much what he was at chavski).

Juve have put the whole squad up for sale wouldn't mind a bid for Sebastian Giovinco they recon about £8 mill would do it lot better than Tiago and would offer something going forward i think he can play left wing aswell

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid star Rafael Van Der Vaart last night said:- “I’ll join a big Premier League club if I’m given a starting spot.”

Dutchman Van Der Vaart, 27, pinpointed Chelsea and Liverpool as his preferred choices if he came to England. Midfield maestro Van der Vaart, who cost Real £13 million from Hamburg in 2008, isn’t sure of a Bernabeu first-team place under new coach Jose Mourinho.

He said:- “I have heard of the interest from Liverpool and Chelsea – and that is very flattering. If either of them were willing to offer me first-team football, I will be honest that it would be very hard for me to not listen to what they had to say. I think I have the relationship with Madrid where they understand my position and would let me hold talks. ”

‘‘I expect the majority of transfers to be concluded in the next two weeks, and if Chelsea or Liverpool wanted to talk with me I would at the very least listen to what they have to say. They are both giants, and if they could offer first-team football it may prove impossible to turn down.”

‘‘Real Madrid is the most prestigious club in the world and I am happy here and also in Spain, but I am at the age where I have to be playing first-team football. I am getting to the point where I will be hitting my peak years and I need to spend those years at a club where I will be playing regularly. The boss knows how much he plans to use me, and if he is willing to listen to offers for me.”

And, Van Der Vaart, who has been capped 83 times for the Netherlands, added:- “I wouldn’t be willing to play for any clubs in Spain out of respect for Madrid, so in my eyes the only other place to go would be the Premier League. It’s the only league that competes with the standard of La Liga.”

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Rafael van der Vaart revs up for Premier League switch

I hate Tom Hicks as much as the next guy, but let's keep a shred of decency about his alleged illness, eh?

Those words should not be in the same sentence mate.

Me I just want him gone out of the club and whatever way that would be would be fine, as long as he gets out.

Those words should not be in the same sentence mate.

Me I just want him gone out of the club and whatever way that would be would be fine, as long as he gets out.

Ageed !,if death makes it quicker then thats the best option,im sure were not the only fans in sport who want him deceased

Real Madrid star Rafael Van Der Vaart last night said:- “I’ll join a big Premier League club if I’m given a starting spot.”

Dutchman Van Der Vaart, 27, pinpointed Chelsea and Liverpool as his preferred choices if he came to England. Midfield maestro Van der Vaart, who cost Real £13 million from Hamburg in 2008, isn’t sure of a Bernabeu first-team place under new coach Jose Mourinho.

He said:- “I have heard of the interest from Liverpool and Chelsea – and that is very flattering. If either of them were willing to offer me first-team football, I will be honest that it would be very hard for me to not listen to what they had to say. I think I have the relationship with Madrid where they understand my position and would let me hold talks. ”

‘‘I expect the majority of transfers to be concluded in the next two weeks, and if Chelsea or Liverpool wanted to talk with me I would at the very least listen to what they have to say. They are both giants, and if they could offer first-team football it may prove impossible to turn down.”

‘‘Real Madrid is the most prestigious club in the world and I am happy here and also in Spain, but I am at the age where I have to be playing first-team football. I am getting to the point where I will be hitting my peak years and I need to spend those years at a club where I will be playing regularly. The boss knows how much he plans to use me, and if he is willing to listen to offers for me.”

And, Van Der Vaart, who has been capped 83 times for the Netherlands, added:- “I wouldn’t be willing to play for any clubs in Spain out of respect for Madrid, so in my eyes the only other place to go would be the Premier League. It’s the only league that competes with the standard of La Liga.”

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Rafael van der Vaart revs up for Premier League switch

Don't think VDV would get a starting spot with us and certainly not with Chelsea.

Good option but where would he fit in?

along side Lucas or just behind Ngog! :whistle:
So where would Gerrard/Aqua/Cole/Maxi/Jovanovic/Kuyt/Masch play? VDV looking for first team footie, And you'd have Ngog in place of Torres :D

P.S. The words "Alongside Lucas" gave me the shivers to think of him being solely responsible for protecting our back four.

So where would Gerrard/Aqua/Cole/Maxi/Jovanovic/Kuyt/Masch play? VDV looking for first team footie, And you'd have Ngog in place of Torres :D

P.S. The words "Alongside Lucas" gave me the shivers to think of him being solely responsible for protecting our back four.

i was only joking,it is the happy rumour mill after all of course i'd have Torres ahead of Ngog aswell as Gerrard ahead of lucas but just to answer your question what about the following starting 11

............pepe.....................

glen....carra....agger.....bridge?

.......Gerrard...Aqua.......

maxi......cole.......milan

.........Torres........

only problem i see is not alot of protection for the back 4 ...but fuck em let the oposition worry about stopping our attacking players

Van Der Vaart has been crap every time I've seen him play.

as danperkins mentions i dont think att mid/mid is a position we need to worry about (he mentioned 6 or 7 players who can play there) get a left back or 2 in and another 1or2 forwards as cover for nando and i think were in good shape(on field at least) i'd rather spend the £8 mill or what ever vdv is worth on a new striker or towards a new striker,i dont really think Masch needs replacing (not with a similar player anyway) time for us to move on from 2 holding mids and go back to let them worry about us mentallity although a player like Didi would be a welcome addition if there was any one out there like that on our budget

i was only joking,it is the happy rumour mill after all of course i'd have Torres ahead of Ngog aswell as Gerrard ahead of lucas but just to answer your question what about the following starting 11

............pepe.....................

glen....carra....agger.....bridge?

.......Gerrard...Aqua.......

maxi......cole.......milan

.........Torres........

only problem i see is not alot of protection for the back 4 ...but fuck em let the oposition worry about stopping our attacking players

Teams is shaping up great, LB is big priority, pity Aqua couldn't offer a defensive aspect to his game, but if we got someone in who could be a jack of all trades i.e. Essien/Swheinstiger type (obviously we ain't gonna get them) but someone like Parker/Flamini/Banega/Fernando/Defour etc who can play a bit of ball but yet get stuck in a offer some protection for back four.

Suppose its all about hoe the Masch deal goes down mate.

I quite like VDV & while noting all the names mentioned in the earlier post , you have to also note that a goodly portion of them are sicknotes & history would suggest that the likes of Aqui,Stevie & Cole are going to be out for spells.

One of our biggest problems is the gap between the 1st 13 or so & their replacements, so depending on the price ( and Masch going ) I think VDV could do a job.

any of the attacking positions behind Torres in a 4-2-3-1
Think VDV wants guarantees of first team footie which we cannot give him, guy has't played well in about 4 years, all his partying days out with the wag destroyed his career. But he is only 27 i think, i'd take him but that position IMO ain't a priority and we'd have to be getting rid of someone to accommodate him as he is only effective when playing central, Aqua?