You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can't see many on here not wanting Spain to twat the cheating Portuguese.

Xabi looks doubtful and reports in Spain suggest it'll be Martinez to replace him and not Fabregas. Other main issue for España is... should Torres start?

Personally i think Del Bosque has made a mistake in playing both Xabi & Busquets. Not sure both are required tbh.

Portugal have a very good defensive record over recent years under Queiroz so I think Spain might need to mix it up a bit. They are in desperate need of some genuine width against well disciplined team. Personally I wouldn't play Nando and start Mata & Pedro either side of Villa with Fabregas, Xavi & Iniesta in midfield. I'd also go for a bit more solidity at the back & pick AA at left back over Capdevilla.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Moutinho injured or just not picked. He's the only decent creative portuguese midfielder i've seen. He's no Rui Costa though. If portugal want to win they surely can't play Ronaldo upfront. I hate him but he's a class player & wasted there. Is the most punchable face in history Deco fit? Fucking oddjob wanabee

The Mini Oberhasli, also called an Oberian, and formally called Miniature Oberhasli, is a dairy goat that was created by breeding a Nigerian Dwarf with an Oberhasli. It is most often colored red bay with black markings, although it also may be pure black and only rarely red (not accepted for registration). The Mini-Oberhasli should be a mid-sized version of the Oberhasli dairy goat. At this time, one trait that came exclusively from their Nigerian anscestors is still allowed: blue eyes.

should be interesting

Is Moutinho injured or just not picked. He's the only decent creative portuguese midfielder i've seen. He's no Rui Costa though. If portugal want to win they surely can't play Ronaldo upfront. I hate him but he's a class player & wasted there. Is the most punchable face in history Deco fit? Fucking oddjob wanabee

Meireles is better than Moutinho IMO.

Wouldn't play Busquets either, would go for :

------------Xabi----Xavi

----Iniesta----Fabregas---Silva

----------------Villa

If that wasn't working, switch to :

----------------Xavi

--------Iniesta------Fabregas

------Villa-----Torres-------Pedro

Xavi as the holding midfielder!?!? Are some of you mad!?

----------------Busquets-------------------

----------Xavi------------Iniesta/Cesc/Martinez----------

Navas--------------------------------Villa

------------------Torres-------------------

I don't rate Busquets, but against Portugal they need a proper DM, not Xavi. Otherwise with Deco feeding Ronaldo, Portugal could run riot and Spain's defence is very weak.

He seems more of an up and down midfielder to me, kinda like what Maniche was. They need someone with a bit more creativity to get the likes of Ronaldo, Danny & or Simao into the game. Can't believe Pedro Mendes is getting a game for them

Yeah but Deco & Mendes are guaranteed a start for some reason so Moutinho won't get in. They should play with Veloso, Moutinho & Meireles but Queiroz is a cunt.

Yeah but Deco & Mendes are guaranteed a start for some reason so Moutinho won't get in. They should play with Veloso, Moutinho & Meireles but Queiroz is a cunt.

Veloso's never quite made the step up has he. I remember 2/3 years ago he was massively highly rated and even comapred to a young Redondo. Hasn't quite happened for him (yet) Still plenty of time for him to mature into a top class player.

I think Xavi is struggling to control the games like he does for Barca as it seems as there are too many bodies in the middle at times for Spain. Him, Alonso, Biscuits and also Iniesta coming inside.

Might not be a bad thing if Alonso is out as it will give Xavi more room to operate. Too many men trying to do the same job.

As for Torres, whether he is in form or not I think he has to play as he looks to run the channels a lot which makes space for Villa et all.

Portugal will be hard to break down and can be dangerous on the break. Should be a great game this.

The Mini Oberhasli, also called an Oberian, and formally called Miniature Oberhasli, is a dairy goat that was created by breeding a Nigerian Dwarf with an Oberhasli. It is most often colored red bay with black markings, although it also may be pure black and only rarely red (not accepted for registration). The Mini-Oberhasli should be a mid-sized version of the Oberhasli dairy goat. At this time, one trait that came exclusively from their Nigerian anscestors is still allowed: blue eyes.

should be interesting

Have you been shagging animals again?

Guest PurpleNose
More of this please.

[YOUTUBE]gytHneE17V8[/YOUTUBE]

Xavi near the end of that video, "its worth noting you'll never ever be as good a footballer as me".

I just hope a Spaniard breaks Pepe's nose. The Portuguese defender. Not our Pepe. Cannot stand the Portuguese Pepe, hate him.

I've not been too fond of Spain's antics, almost as bad as Portugal in terms of cheating. But I hope Torres plays and rips them a new one.

Guest Pistonbroke

Portugal have one of the best defensive records in World football at the moment, isn't it something like 15 clean sheets from 18 ? This is their strength and they are going to play to it, can't see this game being a classic myself but i hope i'm wrong. If Spain use width and try to get in behind them they could benefit, but if they play like they did against the Swiss then i can see Portugal sneaking this one on a break away goal or penalties.

Depending on how things stand in the game i can't see it finishing 11 v 11. In fact i checked my bookies and got odds of 18/1 on there being 2 red cards or more. Worth a couple of Euro's .

I truly hope that Spain knock the shite out of Portugal. I hate their manager, I hate most of their players, I especially hate Ronaldo. Dirty, cheating shithouse bastards.

I'm not saying that Spain are squeaky clean as far as play acting is concerned, but they do it with so much more style.....

I hope Xabi is okay to play, although I still reckon Spain will have enough in the middle to play around Portugal, it's going to be interesting to see if Torres can get his finger out of his arse and do some damage; Villa has been outstanding but they both need to be firing if Spain are to get through Portugal's stubborn back line.

I think Portugal will try to swamp the midfield and try to prevent Spain from playing, rather than concentrate on their own attacking game. This could be very, very shit unless Spain score early and force the Portuguese out of their shells.

And finally- I hope Ronaldo has a shocker. I hope he gets booed off thie pitch, the arrogant jebend.