You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Android thread

Stu Monty

Probably been mentioned before but Seek Droid is a brilliant app. Basically if you lose your phone you go on your computer and enter you name and password which you've setup, you can then locate your phone by GPS, it opens up a google map and shows you where it is.You don't need your GPS switched on all the time for this as Seek droid will turn it on for you when you need to find it.

You can also wipe your phone over the computer if you think your phone is in the wrong hands which is brilliant.

It's 99cent and it's a must have app to secure your personal info.

The 2 dollar version allows you to remotely discharge knockout gas.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do that with the new HTC Sense for niche.

Ahhh didn't know.

Found another app that doesn't need an internet connection switched on to find your phone and it's free. If you lose it you text your phone with your code from another phone and it sends back a link for google maps to the whereabouts of your phone.

It's called Pintail.

You don't need to root the phone, Simon. You just tick the box that says 'allow third party applications'.

For applanet you do mate

Pro Evo 11

Download PES 2011 Pro Evolution Soccer .apk android games Free

Any problems let me know basicly you download the cache save that to sd/android/Data then download the actual game by logging in with FB or signing up little green button says Download.

Then install load and let it download the 50 mb it needs. Its a cracking game.

Guest simon

Some apk's will not uninstall unless you have superuser control to get this you need to root. And in answer to your question. Android have give one way to pay for an app and for some people. Like me find it impossible to buy a app. Why the hell you can't pay with credit is a joke..there is my answer..

Guest simon
Why exactly do I need super user privileges on my phone again?

so you can install anything also youi can make your phone allot faster you can do anything i would not recommend deleting stuff that came with the phone though. As this can effect system updates.

so you can install anything also youi can make your phone allot faster you can do anything i would not recommend deleting stuff that came with the phone though. As this can effect system updates.

I can install anything I want on my phone already. I can do pretty much everything I'd ever want my phone to do already. I can do full internet browsing, I can listen to music, I can watch Youtube, I can play games, I can make phonecalls, send texts, use it as a Sat Nav etc. It's a phone, what else exactly do people need it to do?

Rooting phones is mostly just a massive dick swinging competition for people to show how clever they are and make them feel like they've got the better of software and hardware manufacturers.

My Weigh is one app. It basically turns the phone into a scale, using the touchscreen. Put it on a flat surface and stand on it with one foot and it'll tell you your weight.

Nah, only messing. Don't do that.

Got the HTC Desire last week and am chuffed with it like most of youse seem, bar the battery life and I've got the app killer and turned the screen brightness down now.

Sky+ is a handy app, I thought - you can link to your own Sky+ box, set stuff to record etc.

My Weigh is one app. It basically turns the phone into a scale, using the touchscreen. Put it on a flat surface and stand on it with one foot and it'll tell you your weight.

Nah, only messing. Don't do that.

Got the HTC Desire last week and am chuffed with it like most of youse seem, bar the battery life and I've got the app killer and turned the screen brightness down now.

Sky+ is a handy app, I thought - you can link to your own Sky+ box, set stuff to record etc.

Go to Menu->Settings->Accounts and Sync and untick 'Background Data'. Doubles your battery life.

Though the one downside is your phone won't update the weather, so you'll just have to look out the window instead..

Go to Menu->Settings->Accounts and Sync and untick 'Background Data'. Doubles your battery life.

Though the one downside is your phone won't update the weather, so you'll just have to look out the window instead..

I'll try that. My desire HD eats battery too fast for my liking.