You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ex players who have turned into CUNTS

Not a bitter thread at all, merely commenting on some of our ex players who have/are been spouting total shite in the media. Not just now but have been for years. I dont give a shit if they were legends, they can still be cunts.

Whelan was a GOOD Liverpool player, doesn`t make him any less of a cunt. Anyone can criticize our Club/Manager etc as long as its constructive and correct if their gonna get involved in stats etc (Redknapp on Sky) . There`s a massive difference between the shite the Whelans and St Johns of this world spout, who seem to have their own agenda, and the considered and well thought out criticisms like Barnes and Hansen for example.

Whelan was an excellent Liverpool player mate, Whelan did not like Rafa that was very clear but doesn't mean he hates LFC as some have suggested ( not by yourself)

As regards Hansen, i really do like him but i get the feeling that he wants to say a hell of alot more than he does, but becuase its the BBC he can't or just doesn't which annoys me. I just thought original thread was bit much for players who have done a great service to our club.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So those 15 years spent at Liverpool F.C. meantr f*ck all to him:

* League Championship : 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–1990

* FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

* League Cup (3): 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84

* Charity Shield (5): 1982, 1986 (Shared), 1988, 1989, 1990 (Shared),

* European Cup (1): 1983–84

* Screen Sports Super Cup (1): 1985

Common mate seriously, i have no doubts Whelan wanted Rafa out and disliked him, but why on earth has he been getting so unnecessarily wound up about Rafa over past few years, if he couldn't give a f*ck as you said?

I know Ronnie Whelan is was a child hood long Manchester United supporter but lets not say he doesn't give a f*ck about the club he dedicated his entire career at bar last 2 years, give this LFC legend some credit and not just slate him becuase he dislike Rafael Benitez.

He`s been getting "unecessarily" wound up about Rafa because he gets good money to open his fuckin mouth and spout shite. Like most of the ex players in this thread, they are paid to give their opinions and if they`re controversial opinions it`ll get more publicity which is something most of them crave. Publicity = more money

It is possible to `not give a fuck` about the club you played for and won things with. He was a UTD fan and played for us because we were the best and were winning things. Now his career is over, its not beyond the realms of possibility to go back to the team you once supported.

So those 15 years spent at Liverpool F.C. meantr f*ck all to him:

* League Championship : 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–1990

* FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

* League Cup (3): 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84

* Charity Shield (5): 1982, 1986 (Shared), 1988, 1989, 1990 (Shared),

* European Cup (1): 1983–84

* Screen Sports Super Cup (1): 1985

Common mate seriously, i have no doubts Whelan wanted Rafa out and disliked him, but why on earth has he been getting so unnecessarily wound up about Rafa over past few years, if he couldn't give a f*ck as you said?

I know Ronnie Whelan is was a child hood long Manchester United supporter but lets not say he doesn't give a f*ck about the club he dedicated his entire career at bar last 2 years, give this LFC legend some credit and not just slate him becuase he dislike Rafael Benitez.

He was a great player, and its the reason he's so bitter towards LFC and football in General, when Philip Degan is on a 4 year contract worth ten million and a player as good as whelan would'nt have earned a 5th of that in his career thats why he's so bitter, but he could'nt give a fuck about the situation we're in.

He`s been getting "unecessarily" wound up about Rafa because he gets good money to open his fuckin mouth and spout shite. Like most of the ex players in this thread, they are paid to give their opinions and if they`re controversial opinions it`ll get more publicity which is something most of them crave. Publicity = more money

It is possible to `not give a fuck` about the club you played for and won things with. He was a UTD fan and played for us because we were the best and were winning things. Now his career is over, its not beyond the realms of possibility to go back to the team you once supported.

What you saying is pure speculation and highly unlikely, and if you watch the RTE panel mate, Whelan is one of the tamest characters on it, they do not need him to say anything to boost their ratings.

Yeah i'm sure Ronnie Whelan stayed at Liverpool for 15 years and then decided not to give a flying f*ck about them once he retired, what is wrong with some people, talk about being bitter lads seriously. Oh i forgot anyone that says anything critical of Rafa has an agenda, extreme paranoia and sounds like a persecution complex to me.

What you saying is pure speculation and highly unlikely, and if you watch the RTE panel mate, Whelan is one of the tamest characters on it, they do not need him to say anything to boost their ratings.

Oh i forgot anyone that says anything critical of Rafa has an agenda, extreme paranoia and sounds like a persecution complex to me.

So its just speculation and highly unlikely that they get paid for it?

Who brought Rafa into it? Not me, i just think Whelan is a cunt of the highest order. So there. Your wrong, I'm right. Lets leave it at that.

And now our very own Cassandra of the champagne bars, Graeme Souness, has weighed in, showing his customary good taste in tabloids to provide us with the most sensationalist version of events so far at his "beloved" club:

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Graeme Souness: It will cost £1billion to put right Rafa’s mess

He's not entirely wrong, of course, but he's in full-on Richard Keys-mode in the way he hypes it up (we need to find £800m in the next three years just to avoid being dead in the water). And the gall of the man! You're judged on the players you sign? Well YOU should have been bombed out of the club even earlier then! “For the first time since the Bill Shankly era, the Liverpool hot-seat isn’t a job that all the big managers would want". No, mate: for the first time since YOU turned the club into a laughing stock! And as for that nasty little snipe about the "lucky" Champions league win: utterly pathetic.

There's an implicit line of thought in that, and I've seen it in other places too, that our fanbase has been in somway blinded by our European cup victory - which, let's be clear, Rafa had absolutely nothing to do with, no siree - and that only the objective and clever men like Souness, Redknapp, Keys, Winter etc can, to use Craig Burley's phrase, see through Benitez.

We're all too stupid or, if you fancy being polite, "loyal" to be effective judges of the manager.

Souness surrendered the right to criticise any Liverpool manager after he brought Paul Stewart, Julien Dicks, Torben Piechnik and Istvan Kozma to our club. The Scottish twat took the club backward during his time in charge, and that was after he arrived saying that he had inherited "arguably the best quad of players in English football". Then he shat all over the supporters with his 'Loverpool' exclusive to that rag on the anniversary of Hillsborough.

And now he has a pop at a proper manager? What a fucking right cunt!

Just treat them as players and ignore them once they stop playing for us and you'll be laughing.

The same way people shouldnt call Rafa a cunt because he's a legend some ex players who've been ripped in this thread are Liverpool legends also.

Exactly, Mick.

Once you separate the person from the player, then it's sound. I don't know why people automatically expect you to be some bastion of moral guidance once you put the red shirt on.

It's like what I do with anybody I look up to, be they from film, music, literature or whatever. You have to separate the actual person from the work they produced.

If they're a great man as well, then it's a bonus.

Exactly, Mick.

Once you separate the person from the player, then it's sound. I don't know why people automatically expect you to be some bastion of moral guidance once you put the red shirt on.

It's like what I do with anybody I look up to, be they from film, music, literature or whatever. You have to separate the actual person from the work they produced.

If they're a great man as well, then it's a bonus.

Thats it Liam.

Tommy Smith is a dickhead but he's a pure legend who'd of ran through a brick wall for the red shirt and thats what i'll always admire about him. I despise his views on certain things and so I just concentrate on him playing.

Guest TK-421

Jamie Redknapp is in danger of crossing the TK-421 cunt rubicon for his services to Sky Sports and for his Gray/Keys arse lickery, just in case y'all are wondering.

I think with ex-managers all one needs is for them to acknowledge what a tough job it is and the kind of mistakes THEY made before criticising the current manager. That, for me at least, would make what they say much more tolerable because they wouldn't just be sitting back and implying another manager is crap. Even Uncle Roy niggled a bit when he used to moan about all the sub-standard signings that had been made - a fair enough point, but, when one remembers the bizarre conveyor belt of Scandanavian players he welcomed into the club, and 'ones for the future' like Mark Kennedy, the lack of humility (or, shall we say, self-awareness) rankled somewhat. Souey can make some very astute critical observations, but they'd be even more powerful, rather than less so, if he also acknowledged he's not arguing from some kind of Olympian summit. (And as for his 'beloved' LFC, it would help if he treated Richard Keys with the same disdain that Dalglish always does, rather than sits there smirking while Keys launches into another 'Just how poor are they?' question.)

It's mostly an irrational dislike. He just irritates me and he's a bit of a rent-a-quote, any ex-player thing and he'll be the first one there.

Literally.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/apr/03/newsstory.sport

Phil Neal

Then: Liverpool captain, 34

Now: Merseyside Radio commentator

I'd rather forget that night. It was an ordeal. But, Jamie, why should I help you out? I'm helping you pay your mortgage [by talking to you about Heysel]. When people ask me for my view, they usually have to pay for it. You're asking for my help for nothing. To pay your mortgage, Jamie. I mean, what do you want from me?

I just thought that as the captain of Liverpool football club on that night at Heysel it would be good to hear your view?

Yes but what do you want from me? If I talk to you for a few minutes, then I'm helping you pay your mortgage and what am I getting in return? Do you know what I mean?

Well, I have been to Italy and talked with some of the families of the victims and they say that the trophy should be given back by Juventus to commemorate what happened.

About Juventus? Why are you asking me? Why are you asking someone on the Liverpool side? Juventus made amends very soon. Ask them ... Jamie I'm helping you pay your mortgage. People who want my views pay.

I'm sorry, but everyone else I have spoken to has ...

Great. So you've spoken to people, you've got your views. You've got your Liverpool view, but if you want mine for free, well people pay for them.

It's probably a BIT unfair to dismiss the possibility that Neal might just feel so traumatised he really dreads talking about it to hacks? ('Can you talk yet again about the tragedy for my benefit, and let me ask you fatuous questions such as "How did you feel?" because I can't be arsed to use the cutiings service and it's always good to have original quotes even when they're exactly the same as the old ones?') Neal's response doesn't sound good written down - nice trick printing that from pissed off hacks - but perhaps - just perhaps - it was Neal's way of trying to either shut the hack up or make the task bearable.

Guest Pistonbroke
Looks like a very precious bunch here. Cunts is way too strong; twats maybe, but not really cunts.

All vile words to describe somebody are the same. Whether that be cunt, twat, fuck bag etc etc. I think to dislike somebody is the way to go.