You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The-Sir

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, what I sent you was a predictions game rather than just a sweepstake.

Prof, is there any chance I can get a copy of that, please? My dad was looking for something like this last night and I said I would look around for once but haven't had time because I'm revising.

1. The-Sir

2. Woo

3. Owen

4. Redder Lurtz

5. Fowlers God

6. Carradona

Guest Pistonbroke
To be honest mate, I think your just gunna have to trust me that it wont be fixed. What I will do is start a thread next week and have a live draw on the forum, posting each time I draw a team out of a hat for each forumite, going through the forumites alphabetically.

I'm open to suggestions to make sure there is no way I could fix it, but if noone can think of anything then we will go with my original idea, but as I say I promise it will be done completely fairly.

The best way is to give the teams a number and let the entrants chose a number. A list of the numbers could be set up with a date on it to be shown as proof after the draw. ( some sort of external website etc etc that only you have the data for. You get the last number if you are indeed playing.

Only an idea like.

Prof, is there any chance I can get a copy of that, please? My dad was looking for something like this last night and I said I would look around for once but haven't had time because I'm revising.

1. The-Sir

2. Woo

3. Owen

4. Redder Lurtz

5. Fowlers God

6. Carradona

No worries, let me have your email address.

The best way is to give the teams a number and let the entrants chose a number. A list of the numbers could be set up with a date on it to be shown as proof after the draw. ( some sort of external website etc etc that only you have the data for. You get the last number if you are indeed playing.

Only an idea like.

Thats a better idea than mine, I think, unsure how we would implement it though. The numbers confuse me.

1. The-Sir

2. Woo

3. Owen

4. Redder Lurtz

5. Fowlers God

6. Carradona

7. Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke
Thats a better idea than mine, I think, unsure how we would implement it though. The numbers confuse me.

1. The-Sir

2. Woo

3. Owen

4. Redder Lurtz

5. Fowlers God

6. Carradona

7. Pistonbroke

Set up the list of numbers on an application that will automatically be dated by your computer and can't be manually changed. ( maybe a techie on here will know which app does that best ). Just randomly number the 32 teams, each participant chooses a number and is allocated the corresponding team. The last number which is left is yours.

The date thing would be a piece of piss by the way - a normal word document can be used, then you can go on properties for the file and the date it was last opened will show up. I could then send that to another forumite who isnt joining in before the numbers are picked.

Guest Pistonbroke
1. The-Sir

2. Woo

3. Owen

4. Redder Lurtz

5. Fowlers God

6. Carradona

7. Pistonbroke

8. Number 19

9. TesticleOReilly

How would each entrant pick a number though? Who has first dibs?

No real advantage wherever you pick as it's lucky dip in a way. You could just ask each entrant to pick a number in your live draw on here and use the list you are compiling now as who chooses when.

Guest Pistonbroke
The date thing would be a piece of piss by the way - a normal word document can be used, then you can go on properties for the file and the date it was last opened will show up. I could then send that to another forumite who isnt joining in before the numbers are picked.

True. But if you have the data alone then that is proof enough. Another formurite could tip off his mate which number to pick ;) Not saying they would, but folk will think that.

I'd do it but I don't know how the fuck to set up a paypal as the only card I own is my bank card and when I tried to sign up to Paypal to donate here, there was no bank card option.

I'd also like to point out I am a fucking mong so apologies if it is really easy to do.