You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish and Rush?

Faustus

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a breakdown of communications between both parties which suggests a parting of the ways is becoming a possibility.

And if that happens, Dalglish looks likely to step into the breach on a temporary basis, with fellow Liverpool legend Ian Rush, to provide stability and breathing space in the search for a permanent successor.

I'd take that.

I can't forget that weird white-lipped look of his at Anfield when he won the title with Blackburn - he looked a bit ill then. I really wouldn't want to see him put himself through the strain ever again, and, as has been said, I'd hate to read the insults on here and elsewhere. He deserves just to take the adulation and enjoy his life with Marina.

The thing he would bring is stability over a period of 1-2 years. We migt be able to keep siome decent players with him on board. If we bring in another foreign coach (unless it's someone out of the toop drawer) we will have 2-3 years of tinkering on a small budget and no real prospect of keeping Torres and others over that period of time. Kenny might be able to hold this squad together through all the shit.

Many of the problems that we need to solve are long term problems, requiring stability, direction and certainty. I don't think an interim solution of any sort is what we need.

Long live the King!

I agree in the longer term, but to get the kind of appointment who will give us those things we need new owners who will back the manager. If we don't have new owners and Rafa leaves we will need an interim solution until the club is sold.

Kenny knows better than to return with the two mongs running the club. I'm surprised speculations about him took this long, though.

As for the other candidates I wouldn't mind Van Gaal. His teams plays exciting football and he's definitely a winner.

Oh and who wouldn't want a manager named Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal?

I would hate coming on here and giving his name stick after a bad result though- better left how he is in my eyes, a legend!! Long Live the KING

I know what you mean. I'd have to give up message boards or else get a life sentence....

The game has changed since he left management. I dont really want to see him manage us as if he flops, I cant imagine what sort of shit will be thrown to him.

Why does people keep saying there will be shit thrown at him?

I don't think there would. People would just say he is not the man for the job rather than personal abuse.

I think he'd do a solid job though.

Why does people keep saying there will be shit thrown at him?

I don't think there would. People would just say he is not the man for the job rather than personal abuse.

I think he'd do a solid job though.

People on this very site have been giving him shit for working for the club.

Kenny knows better than to return with the two mongs running the club. I'm surprised speculations about him took this long, though.

As for the other candidates I wouldn't mind Van Gaal. His teams plays exciting football and he's definitely a winner.

Oh and who wouldn't want a manager named Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal?

But he did return. OK not in the position that's being referred to here, but it was inevitable that as soon as Rafa's position at the club was in doubt, Kenny would be named a possible replacement.

In the short term we need to restore some stability within the playing squad and I believe Kenny will do that.

I'm really sickened the amount of people that doubt the King's ability.

Nobody expects him to do wonders, so he won't be sacked.

One season aiming for a top four finish and a domestic cup would be great. Anything under 15 defeats too.

No one is doubting his ability. They're doubting his appetite for an impossible job, and they don't want to read about him being a headwand, a shit Scottish c*** and a disgrace. He has far too much class for the cesspit that football has become, and he's already given far, far, more than anyone has a right to expect of any Red.

Guest LFD
No one is doubting his ability. They're doubting his appetite for an impossible job

All he has to do is not get us losing 19 games.

Hardly an impossible job following Rafa this season.

All he has to do is not get us losing 19 games.

Hardly an impossible job following Rafa this season.

This is so disingenuous. What about finishing second? That didn't stop Benitez from being abused on here from start to finish by some. If the forums had been around when Kenny was dropping Beardsley and buying the likes of Jimmy Carter he would have barricaded inside his house with police guards. For god's sake, the man was getting bad enough abuse at Newcastle when he got them to a damn cup final! Fans calling for him to return are like Norman Bates slashing prices on guest rooms for the holiday season.