You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres To Chelsea

I dont think Torres would be that stupid in all fairness to the lad. He's probably crossing his fingers Barcelona flog that tall lazy twat and make us an offer we cant refuse.

Haven't Barca agreed a deal for Villa with Bojan and Hleb going the other way?

I've resigned myself to the fact hes leaving. Its a short career, why would we waste his playing for a club thats professionally as inept as police academy.

If Barca came knocking I would sell him for £70m but if it was anoter english club it would have to be £100m.

If we could get £100m to reinvest in the team we would come out of it the other side a better team.

Doesnt change the fact i'd disappear to my room with a litre of whiskey and a revolver with one round in the chamber for a game of the old russian roulette if he left.

I've resigned myself to the fact hes leaving. Its a short career, why would we waste his playing for a club thats professionally as inept as police academy.

If Barca came knocking I would sell him for £70m but if it was anoter english club it would have to be £100m.

If we could get £100m to reinvest in the team we would come out of it the other side a better team.

Doesnt change the fact i'd disappear to my room with a litre of whiskey and a revolver with one round in the chamber for a game of the old russian roulette if he left.

Ha! You made a funny.

Guest simon

Didn't he say he wants to leave the Prem if he ever does leave Liverpool because of how rough it is. Something about he gonna get fucked up in the Prem badly injured like.

I've got no issue with him going, to be honest, tho' like most people I might just be a little jaded and numb with the whole LFC experience this past year or so.

While he is possibly the greatest striker to turn out for us, it's no good having an £80M striker out injured for half of every season. If the money is invested in team rebuilding, great. If it's going to the banks and that pair of fuckwits' pockets, then he can stay here.

That's pretty much how I see it to be honest. I would be gutted if he went to another English club, couldn't blame him for leaving really though.

One reason why I hope the ownership is sorted sooner rather than later, as we will have plenty of this over the coming weeks.

If I am wrong and we do not get a change of owners, he will be off. Where the fuck he goes will not bother me, I am past that now.

That said we will get sold.

Oh my god I've been dissed by an unfunny version of Momo, what a pathetic cyber warrior you are, I don't know if I'll ever get over it. What's up, did you take a break from stalking to come on the internet and throw abuse at random people?

Is Torres definitely going to Chelsea because of this article? No.

Is Torres' position at the club less certain because of the current situation at the club with the manager's position uncertain, two skint cowboys calling the shots and the club up for sale? Yes.

Do other clubs see us vulnerable and are using the press to try and unsettle our best player? Most definitely.

Does Torres want to leave? Nobody knows and until he comes out and says something unequivical, nobody will.

Is it a topic worthy of discussion and comment on a Liverpool forum? I would say most on here would agree it is.

Will burying our heads in the sand stop any transfer from happening? No

Just found the article, it's fucking pathetic and has some proper bullshit in it. I had to comment on the page it wound me up that much. (probably won't get through though.)

I'm just linking the article but it contains gems like this, so you probably won't be bothered anyway. There's no way I'm pasting it all here, it's shite :

"But until now, Torres has only enjoyed major success at international level, having scored the winning goal for Spain in the final of the last European Championships, and Liverpool’s shocking season has convinced him to look elsewhere."

"After watching his colleagues lose pitifully to Chelsea on Sunday, Torres cut a forlorn figure as the players did a circuit of the pitch to thank the fans for their loyal support. Indeed, he already looked like a man ready to move on."

Like he fucking has a clue. What a prick. And he actually gets paid for that.

£70m Fernando Torres: Chelsea launch huge bid for striker as Roman Abramovich looks to blow Manchester City out of the water | Mail Online

Another headline I saw from that page : We are fighting a losing battle against Manchester City's transfer bullies, says Harry Redknapp

Yeah, I'm sure he said that! Sad cunts.

Torres is gone, fucking grow up and face the facts. The best striker in the world aint staying around in this mess playing for the 7th/8th best team in the league. The only ones who think different are those who wouldn't face it early on that we had no chance of finishing in top four as we have a shit squad.

Torres is gone, fucking grow up and face the facts. The best striker in the world aint staying around in this mess playing for the 7th/8th best team in the league. The only ones who think different are those who wouldn't face it early on that we had no chance of finishing in top four as we have a shit squad.

I think it's highly unlikely we'll be playing for 7th/8th next season. I know everyone's down and things are fucked right now, but I'm not going to believe that no matter what anyone says. Next season we can start with players like Aquilani and Maxi, players that would've ensured we weren't in this shitty situation if they'd been playing from the start of this season. If some of you want to settle for 7th/8th as our best hope though, fair enough.

In fact it might be among the only hopes that players like Gerrard and Torres can cling onto right now, I just hope it's enough and that the management problems are cleared up shortly to make things better.

Oh, and that we get a fucking.backup.striker.

I think it's highly unlikely we'll be playing for 7th/8th next season. I know everyone's down and things are fucked right now, but I'm not going to believe that no matter what anyone says. Next season we can start with players like Aquilani and Maxi, players that would've ensured we weren't in this shitty situation if they'd been playing from the start of this season. If some of you want to settle for 7th/8th as our best hope though, fair enough.

In fact it might be among the only hopes that players like Gerrard and Torres can cling onto right now, I just hope it's enough and that the management problems are cleared up shortly to make things better.

Oh, and that we get a fucking.backup.striker.

I admire your optimism but I think the jury is still very much out on that pair, despite some good recent performances. They're hardly the type to grab a game by the scruff of the neck either.

Our defence was the biggest problem for me this season. A team built on a crumbling circus of a backline (Reina aside, obviously), and their ineptitude seemed to be contagious throughout the team. I think a new centre half might be our must urgent need, despite the focus on some other positions.

I admire your optimism but I think the jury is still very much out on that pair, despite some good recent performances. They're hardly the type to grab a game by the scruff of the neck either.

Agreed, but I think with the skill they both have they can give us enough to get a lot more points than we did this season. And if they do have a back up striker to be working with things might improve quite a bit.

Our defence was the biggest problem for me this season. A team built on a crumbling circus of a backline (Reina aside, obviously), and their ineptitude seemed to be contagious throughout the team. I think a new centre half might be our must urgent need, despite the focus on some other positions.

Could be, I'd go for replacing Insua though as he drove me mental several times this season. (and Aurelio's injuries alone have probably cost us several points.) Would get the pressure taken off him and give him more time to see how he is in the future, then hope for the best with the CB's we have. Things have regularly looked bad there though, yeah.

I dont believe that Mail story, but I do believe if Rafa stays he will sell Torres hopefully to Barca as I could'nt bare to watch him play for another English team, and he deserves to play for somebody like Barca. If Rafa thinks he'll get to spend £80m on 4 players for 1 Torres he'll do it. I'm a massive torres fan and not so much a Rafa fan, but if I thought we could get 4 £20m players for Nando I'd take it, his injury problems are not gona go away and were missing him for over 20 games every season, it could be the right time to sell if and only IF the money goes into the team, also I'd prefer if it was'nt Benitez spending it. But if We managed to raise £100m from Torres Riera Babel and San Jose and a couple of other nomads and bought a £20m left back a £30m left winger, and £50m on 2 strikers I think long term it would be best for the team. Championship manager here I come.